shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, is there any truth to this article?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
There's a kernel of truth, but ironically, it's my husband who uses these words much more than I do!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, SO uses these terms much more often than I.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I have been known to use some of these.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Fairly guilty... :oops:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I use Fine, nothing and whatever but not always in the context given.

The others, not so much, but I'm sure my husband would have a different opinion. :cheeky:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been outed :oops: I have been known to use a couple of them!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is very true for my entire generation regardless of gender.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Guilty! :oops:

DH uses "Nothing" a lot, though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummm, yeah. Depending on the circumstances of course because sometimes fine and nothing and that's OK and 5 minutes actually means fine, nothing and that's OK and 5 minutes. But sometimes it does NOT. And it is really up to my dh to figure that out within the context of the discussion we are having. Not too difficult when taken into context. However, when I say whatever or sigh loudly, well, that is never good. :devil:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not on my end - I'm not patient enough to be passive-aggressive.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Guilty as charged. :oops:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I use several of them on a fairly regular basis and DH knows he's in trouble. :-o

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I do the loud sigh but none of the rest. I know friends who do the "fine" a lot.

I'm not a fan of making him work to figure out what I mean or need. I figure there is a lot less disappointment if I just lay it out.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that article could be about me. I use all of those pretty regularly.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure I use as couple of those from time to time, but I try not to. I don't like being passive aggressive and that's why just about all of those are.

eta: Love Circe's answer. That's basically it for me too.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My sister emailed this list to me in another format some months ago.

It was funny then, and it's funny now. And 100% true.

Now, I will admit, I don't have to use these 'words' very often with my DH. Which is probably why we're happily married. :bigsmile:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
All of them are true for me except for "Five minutes!" (because I really do mean, five minutes) and "Don't worry about it, I got it" (cause if I don't got it...I'll be the first to let you know).

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1303480168|2902567 said:
Not on my end - I'm not patient enough to be passive-aggressive.
Hear, hear!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
No.

I try to say exactly what I mean.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I've definitely used a few of these over the years! More so earlier in our relationship though. We've been together a long time, so we just pretty much say what's on our minds at this point.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, yeah, I've definitely used all of those at some point or another. Normally when I'm hurt rather than angry, because you'd better believe if I'm angry with you, you're going to hear it!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Not for me. I don't beat around the bush on anything. If it's going to be 12 minutes until I'm ready to go, I don't say 5 minutes. What's the point of that? It's inaccurate.

If something is not fine, I say "Well, this sucks and that sucks . . . ", etc.

DH says he this is what attracted him to me, the fact that I said EXACTLY what I mean. We used to fight a lot when we first married, because he thought I had hidden meanings in my conversations (trained by his mother, who NEVER said what she meant).

She would say "Well, I won't keep you, I know how busy you are." I'd say " Well, I need you to go, I have a bunch of stuff to do."

She would say "Why would there be anything wrong?" and I'd say "Well, you did this, then you said that, and it made me feel bad."

Once he realized that, with me, everything was right on the surface, we got along much better.

Some people find my level of direct to be grating, but that's why they say "There's a lid for every pot." :bigsmile:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1303505242|2902835 said:
Not for me. I don't beat around the bush on anything.......Some people find my level of direct to be grating, but that's why they say "There's a lid for every pot." :bigsmile:

amen, sister, amen!

MoZo

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of truth.
There are of course exceptions, but a lot of us ladies do speak in code.
I haven't found that to be so much a problem though is that a lot of ladies think men also speak in code, so that we spend a lot of time trying to figure what men REALLY mean. I've been married 28 years, it probably took 20 years for me to realize that my husband actually means what he says. I.E. when he says 'nothing', he really means 'nothing' as opposed to me. I might mean a lot of things when I say 'nothing', but 'nothing' is definitely not one of them.
Oh, well.
Vive la difference!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Not for me, or not really. Sometimes it takes a while for me to figure out what my issue is, so I'll go and figure it out. But once I get it sorted, I"m pretty up front about it.

My mom and aunts are like this though...

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I'm guilty of Nothing. I don't say it because I'm trying to be passive-aggressive, I just get kinds flustered when I get upset about something, and I can never say what I want to, or I burst into tears (which is not only embarrassing, but annoying for us both!). I prefer to just say nothing, and then give myself a little time to properly gather my thoughts, and be able to express what I wanted to say more eloquently.

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, I've been outed too. :oops:

Except for they forgot one "I don't know". I use these set of words when asked really stupid questions to which my husband knows the answer to, but if he pretends he doesn't, he gets out of doing something.

For example "Honey, where are the ________ (insert word here, such as baby wipes or diapers). Then I say "I don't know", even though I do know where they are. They're always kept in the same place and husband knows it too. The first couple of times he tried that on me I fell for the bait and ended up saying, "Oh just forget it, I'll do it". :roll:

Now I just say "I don't know". It works great! You all should try it! :naughty:

Hugs,
MDS

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results