shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies in long-distance relationships

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I have a question for all LIWs who are in long-distance relationships. Do you find the wait more unbearable the closer to seeing your SO than when seeing them is still far away?

My boyfriend is coming in 14 more days and it''s all I can think about! I just want him to be here so badly!
26.gif
When there was still a couple of months to go, it wasn''t this bad. It wasn''t even this bad when he first left! LOL.

Also, how do you prepare for seeing them again? Do anything special? Me, I''m going to get a reallly frou frou pedicure.

Cheers!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s always worse right after he/I leave and it''s also nearly unbearable right before we get to see each other again!

I always kinda primp, but don''t do anything special.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 12:01:43 AM
Author: OUpeargirl
It''s always worse right after he/I leave and it''s also nearly unbearable right before we get to see each other again!

I always kinda primp, but don''t do anything special.
ditto to the first part, but i generally try to look about as nice as i can that first time he sees me again, and i make sure we have at least one dressy meal/event to do since he likes to see me all dolled up.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I/He (depends on which of us is traveling) will pack the fridge with all the favorite foods of the other person. Then I go and primp as well. We don''t always go out to anywhere dressy though since we''d rather stay in and be home bodies when we''re together. If his stay is longer than a weekend, then we definitely go out and party it up.
9.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
i''m in a sort of LD relationship. we live 400 km apart, but see each other on weekends only.

lately, as we are getting closer to the marriage business, i''ve stopped dolling myself up every time he comes over. i want him to see me slobbing around in a tracksuit, no make up and wearing my glasses. i decided he needs to see the reality, because i wont be dressed up every day when we live together. i want know he will still love me and want me, warts and all (i don''t really have warts, but you get my drift!)

so far, he hasn''t run away
1.gif

brandithib

Rough_Rock
i once went 13 months without seeing him, which wasn''t completely unbearable but after seeing him for a vacation, the following 4 months seemed much longer compared to the first 13.

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
I completely agree. It''s always the hardest right after we part, and right before I am going to see him again. I don''t do anything too special. Just try to look nice when I see him. I sometimes do well with the distance, and other times it''s horrible.

We met in college and were local, then long distance for a summer when I was in NY and he was in TX, then local again, then long distance when he was in PA and I was in NY, and then living together, and now we''re long distance again as I am still in NY and he is in CT. So we''re been a little bit of everything for the past three years. It never really gets any easier.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the responses! I try to gussy up right before I see him just because I''m the type that doesn''t even brush her hair unless there''s some mondo tangle issues going on and it''s nice to be all dolled up the first time we see each other (our relationship just became LD so it''s the first time we''re seeing each other again). I didn''t really think about going out on a nice dressy date while he''s here. That''s a really good idea. Our idea of a great date is Happy Hour tacos, so a change of pace might be in order.
36.gif

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
I have been in a LD relationship for 4 yrs now and am waiting for his next visit (Dec 31st!) We like to take turns seeing each other (I go to NC and he comes here to Cali) I havnt had a hard time with the distance but seeing him again and leaving is terrible! I just hate it
emcry.gif

I notice I am more "Excited" then normal because i am almost positive I am getting the E-ring this go around!!!
face20.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 8:23:48 PM
Author: Kitcha
Thanks for all the responses! I try to gussy up right before I see him just because I''m the type that doesn''t even brush her hair unless there''s some mondo tangle issues going on and it''s nice to be all dolled up the first time we see each other (our relationship just became LD so it''s the first time we''re seeing each other again). I didn''t really think about going out on a nice dressy date while he''s here. That''s a really good idea. Our idea of a great date is Happy Hour tacos, so a change of pace might be in order.
36.gif
i live in a sweatshirt and jeans, and i do most of the time when we visit (except for that last plane ride to him, good thing airport bathrooms are made to change in!) but the last two visits i knew engagement was coming soon, so all his friends in TX think i''m someone who dresses nicely all the time lol

dressy dates are fun! besides it''s breaking him into how long i need to get all prettified since that''s not my normal state. thankfully he doesn''t mind us running late if it''s because i''m dressed up (and for some odd reason he likes to watch me do my hair and make up, we''ll see how many years that lasts
3.gif
)

peterspixie:
ooo that''s exciting! good luck! and i hope if you are like i was and get dressed up just in case it happens on one of your dressed up days/nights and not the ''it''s not going to happen since we''re just going out to a BBQ so i finally don''t have to dress up!'' night
9.gif

not that it happened to me that way or anything
25.gif
if i had just known that murphy''s law was waiting for that not prepared for pictures at all moment i could''ve saved myself a lot of trouble and slept in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results