shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, If you were to go "belly up" tomorrow ...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 20 month old granddaughter is waiting for me to "kick the bucket"...hopefully it'll be a very long long wait for her!!..:lol:

IMG_0300.jpg
She’s so sweet! I have a cute fella for her..
A9C78032-3730-45D0-B84F-E3DFC73D9406.jpeg
My grandson! He’s wearing my apron because he’s a little messy at the moment but he’s a catch! :roll2:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would your husband do with your jewelry collection? Give it to his #2 wife?? :bigsmile:. Divide it up between sons/daughters? Pass it on to DF?? :dance:

I don't know... he gets very emotionally attached to things, so I kind of doubt he would sell it or give it to Wife 2 (if there is a Wife 2). But we don't have kids (yet) to give it to. Maybe he would give it to family/friends? My brother and his wife, my cousins/their kids (who we see all the time), his goddaughter? A lot of the kids love to play with my jewelry. This is actually a very good question and I will ask him.

If I am old before I die, I plan to sell off most of my collections before I go. We'll see how long my parents live and base my timeframe off that. That way my heirs don't have to do it, my stuff won't get stolen in the old folks' home, and I can try to get good prices for things. You never know when someone might try to sell the whole collection to a pawn shop rather than list pieces on consignment. (Of course, our not-yet-existing children will get first pick of things!)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I told my wife if I die please sell my bike and stuff because you are so attractive you will re-partner and I don't want some ******* riding my bike!
She replied "what makes you think i would marry another *******?"

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I told my wife if I die please sell my bike and stuff because you are so attractive you will re-partner and I don't want some ******* riding my bike!
Smart woman..:lol:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I was confused at first, I'm like I am ALREADY BROKE so what difference does it make?!? :lol:

Ohhh you mean dead? All my jewels would go to my three sisters then onto their children as I have none.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol:Spit out my pizza on that one @Garry H (Cut Nut) !!

Ohhh you mean dead? All my jewels would go to my three sisters then onto their children as I have none.

Sign me up for your avatar opal :kiss2:@GliderPoss !!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like to tease my kids that I want to be buried with ALL MY JEWELRY ON. So they don't get anything. lol

I'm just teasing them. My plan would be that they divide it among themselves, and keep or sell as they see fit. I don't plan to leave anything to other family members.

Was it Widget who said she maintained a list for her family of all her jewels, their approximate values, and the best way to sell them if needed? This seems like a wise idea...

Anne

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH can sell all of it and buy what he wants since my sons don't care.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
this thread is very up and down
my rings come from the mall jewler and it would be very uneconomic to sell them. i brought quite a few with my inheritance from my mother and i feel my dad worked too hard for his salery for my rings to end up at cash converters (a rather horrible Aussie pawn shop chain that i know often end up buying stolen goods)
it upset us greatly we had to take my mother's rings off her in the demetia ward, in a just world she should have been allowed to sit up there in her finery
i want the rings she left me to stay in the family so will go to my niece and i guess it would only be fare for my nephew's future wife but im not sure id trust him not to loose things or sell them. maybe the neice can deside what to give a future sister in law
my OH has two grandchildren and my best friend has 3 girls, if someone doesn't like something, maybe one of the others will,
so unless one of them needs a kidney i want nothing sold
the only thing that worries me is i have fat little fingers and ive got a few really pretty sparkly ones that fit my index finger and thumb ... i guess who ever fits it can have those ones
i would like to think id be financially organised enough to leave appropriate funds for sizing and insurence valuations

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
The (spoken) rule WAS that my Wedding set (6+ carats) would go to my DIL (dated my son for 10 years, married almost 4) and my younger son would get "the rest" to do with as he would like.

Then that heifer... Well, now my 2 sons will figure it out. With help from their dad, I'm sure.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Believe it or not, I - a somewhat senior lifelong single - am contemplating an action that would require me to contemplate this question! And I am contemplating it. I am thinking of offering my mother and grandmother’s 2+ carat transitional diamond to be used in my engagement ring - he’d have to provide a new setting - with the stipulation that the ring and diamond be passed on to my side of the family should I go first. In keeping with family tradition, it would go to my oldest sister-in-law, since I have no sisters. I already have recipients in mind for my other “major” pieces and heirlooms, and some of them I’ll pass on before my death. Other than my restyled e-ring though he’d be free to do what he wanted with any jewelry he buys me.

He doesn’t know about the family diamond yet, by the way. He does know about my taste in diamonds, and he did happen to catch me drooling over some of the beautiful new honkers at JBG the other day. I think I’m just going to let him sweat it out a bit before I bring up the “family jewel.” :lol:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m wife #2. I did not inherit wife #1’s bling, and I would never have accepted it.
DH has already made it clear that there will not be a wife #3. ;)2
My DD gets all of my jewelry, except for the blue topaz, turquoise, and ER I had made for DS to propose, when he’s ready. DD already knows which pieces those are. The rest belongs to her, including all of the other heirloom pieces. DH is already aware.
I love DH’s DD enough to pass on pieces to her, however, wife #1 (now EX-wife) is known to sell jewelry and anything of value she can get her hands on to fund her alcohol addiction.
As long as DH’s DD lives in that house, she will not receive anything of value from me.
As much as I know my DD loves me, and she’s only 9, I know she can’t wait for me to “go belly up” so she can get her hands on my EC...lol!! :mrgreen2:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked my husband and he said “keep it so I could look at it and cry and miss you.” :lol-2: That is pretty typical to how sentimental he is though, so I wouldn’t be surprised.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Divide it up equally between my sons. I have already given my older son a 1.33 SI1 K AVC and 1.00 TCW MRB studs, younger son will get my 1.61 I AGS2 VVS2 and my 1.00 tcw princess cut studs. My new stone will go to my granddaughter I think. The rest of my jewelry will be you pick one then you pick one they can trade whatever. I gave my niece my grandmother's art deco style sapphire and diamond engagement ring, gave my other niece a ruby and 14K gold ring of my mom's and I plan to give my mom's mother ring to my other niece.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
For DD and DS to pick whatever they like, but I’ve instructed my DH that my DS should not bully my DS. She’s only 3.5yo but quite a tyrant. DS has declared that boys don’t wear ‘treasures’ but think will be nice for him to have some keepsakes. Maybe for his future daughters?

Anyway DH thinks I’m totally morbid and didn’t want to discuss further and also thinks that I’ve joined a weird online forum when I explained why the topic came up :lol:

Ideally, I would have gone through the lot and sold whatever they don’t want by the time I’m gone. As a plan B I really should sort out the receipts etc. :P2

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Funny, but DH brought this up last night. I have MANY more loose stones in gem jars than I do jewelry pieces. He wants me to catalog them so he would know what they are if something were to happen to me (he teased and said he would sell them all for $50). I guess I should think about what jewelry pieces I would want to go and where. We have 5 children, and I so hope to have lots of grand babies in the future to watch grow up. As of now, only have 1 daughter (no DIL).

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If my beloved were to pass, I have already instructions to give some of the pieces to my daughter, some to my Daughter-in-law and others to do as I see fit. I would look silly in her large deep blue pear shaped aqua, but if it was not already going to my daughter, I would be sporting that Fancy Intense Vivid Yellow!

We just celebrated 46 years of marriage. There is no way I am going through 25 years of training again to become the, "Good Husband." Thus there will be no new wife to get in the picture...

Wink
Wink, your training only took 25 years...well done!!!

DW and I have been together 38 years and I'm still in training, shes a perfectionist. :love: :mrgreen2:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm greatly enjoying all the sweet/romantic comments in this thread! :kiss2:

DH said not to worry because there won't be a wife #2 and he will just move in with his college best friend in the event of my demise. LOL!

My daughter will get most of my jewels, with a few things set aside for my son. I'll leave my OEC solitaire to my son to give to his wife, and maybe a couple of diamond bands...but with the stipulation that she would return everything to him in the event of a divorce. Daughter will get everything else -- my antique cushion 3-stone, original e-ring, OEC 3-stone, and a few diamond bands. I want my jewels to remain in my "line" - blood relatives only (or current wives of blood relatives if my female descendants are still too young for jewels).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results