shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, If you were to go "belly up" tomorrow ...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would your husband do with your jewelry collection? Give it to his #2 wife?? :bigsmile:. Divide it up between sons/daughters? Pass it on to DF?? :dance:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH will most certainly NOT be giving any of my jewels to #2 wife!
DD is to inherit the lot with instructions to post up on PS Preloved Jewels the stuff she doesn’t like.
The opals will be staying but everything else will be up for grabs!:dance:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH would keep it for future DIL, I’ve already told him he’s not to give any of my jewellery to gold digging wife #2 :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously pass it on to you, DF.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh would give my jewelry to my sister and my nieces.

debbieandgirlsatbeach.png

My older niece has pierced ears and my younger niece will be getting her ears pierced this coming year so they could enjoy my earring collection.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't have any children
the OH has a grandaughter and i have a niece
i worry more about what would happen if we both pop our clogs

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bring this up from time to time wth DH, having lost my mom at a young age gets you to thinking about things you wouldn't normally.

My SIL (DH's sister) would get most of my jewelry since we have two sons. My Fiona pendant is special and made in memory of a pet so that one I might stipulate it's to be auctioned with the proceeds going to an animal shelter. I also might leave a couple of things to a couple of ladies in the vintage and antique forum here on PS. You know spread the joy around a little :mrgreen2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It better go to DD/DS and not second wife.

Q

Queenie60

My daughter would see to this. It is written!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously pass it on to you, DF.
yetanotherdancyguy.gif
hi501.gif
hug7.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything to my daughter, but I would consider it DF. The only problem is you would have to give me your address and phone number so my DH could get in touch with you.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
What would your husband do with your jewelry collection? Give it to his #2 wife?? :bigsmile:. Divide it up between sons/daughters? Pass it on to DF?? :dance:

My son will get a few pieces and the rest will be sold to pay for his college tuition or pay for a house for him. Wife #2 will definitely not inherit any of my hard work!

ETA: my friends' daughters will also inherit pieces. They've already picked out what they want!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If my beloved were to pass, I have already instructions to give some of the pieces to my daughter, some to my Daughter-in-law and others to do as I see fit. I would look silly in her large deep blue pear shaped aqua, but if it was not already going to my daughter, I would be sporting that Fancy Intense Vivid Yellow!

We just celebrated 46 years of marriage. There is no way I am going through 25 years of training again to become the, "Good Husband." Thus there will be no new wife to get in the picture...

Wink

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband would give my jewelry to our nieces.

I’ve told him if anything happens to me to make sure his 2nd wife has no interest in jewelry!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't have kids so I hope he would sell it and give to charity but it would be up to him. I'm not leaving any instructions except in the case something happens to both of us.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just celebrated 46 years of marriage. There is no way I am going through 25 years of training again to become the, "Good Husband." Thus there will be no new wife to get in the picture...

Wink
You'll never know! :lol:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have four kids so it would get divided among them.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea. I guess we have a topic for tonight's dinner conversation.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He would probably give the whole thing to my daughter-in-law. I think I will have to tell him to save some things in case my oldest gets married...and also if grandchildren would like some things when they get older. I only have a two year old grandson now so that’s a long wait! :lol:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would go to my kids.... I'd also want it to be divided pretty equally between ds and dds. I think it would be nice for my son to have some pieces to give to his own children one day.

ETA: I've told dh several times that he can go full upgrade with wife no. 2 (younger, smarter, slimmer, biiiig *ahemmm* brain etc) , as long as he makes sure she's nice with the kids and keeps out of my jewelery box!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly if I die I’d want DH to move on and find another partner that he loves and can share his life with. And I have faith that any person he chose would be a kind, loving, sweet soul who I would be happy to have wearing my bling. So I have no issues with that, but I think he might find it difficult to look at my jewelry worn by someone else. He’s more sentimental than I am.

I imagine the most likely scenario is that my shinies would get sold wholesale somewhere for convenience since nobody else in the family knows much about jewelry. And his sisters aren’t into wearing bling.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told DH which rings go to which kids. But advised him that holding onto them until his death might help him attract a jewelry loving lady companion.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take it you mean go belly up = if you were to die, to "go belly up" in Australia means to go broke/lose all your money and assets not to die....

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it would probably go to our boys wives....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He would probably give the whole thing to my daughter-in-law. I think I will have to tell him to save some things in case my oldest gets married...and also if grandchildren would like some things when they get older. I only have a two year old grandson now so that’s a long wait! :lol:
My 20 month old granddaughter is waiting for me to "kick the bucket"...hopefully it'll be a very long long wait for her!!..:lol:

IMG_0300.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ive romanticized the idea of passing on my entire jewelry collection to my daughter and my future girl(s) to come but really if I were to pass and my daughters had zero interest in having my jewelry I would want them to go to the closest person in my life that would cherish them and if its his new wife so be it.
I wont be there and Id want him to mourn, move on, and find happiness again with a warm blooded woman who is committed to him.
He has my full blessing but ultimately my girls come first for jewelry dibs on EVERYTHING.
By the way OP, you ask the most interesting questions. (;

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You'll never know! :lol:

Oh yes I do! She is my sunshine and my moon. If she is rude enough to die first, I am sure I will not be far behind her. Without her to light my way, I will be stumbling in the dark and eventually run into something that will run me over.

While I loved the movie, Grumpy Old Men, I do NOT see me as ever being one of the characters. We have been together for more than 2/3rds of our lives. I really do not want to even think about another lady.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results