shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies- Hair Powder/ Dry Shampoo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good hair powder, or I think they are also called "dry shampoo?"

My salon carries Bumble and Bumble products, so they gave me their hair powder to try and I loved it.
30.gif
But the $35 can lasted me about 2 weeks. I didn''t use it every day, but I have super oily hair and so it takes a lot of the powder to freshen up my hair.

Does anyone know of a brand that sells an inexpensive, but good hair powder?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Oh didn''t think to search. I thought I was too original!
9.gif

Thanks, there are a couple of products mentioned that I could try!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Hey mia, I looked through the other thread that Skippy posted and someone had mentioned Ojon which is the brand I bought from Sephora. I bought it over a year ago and I loved it at first. I thought it worked really well and made my hair look fresh. Now...not so much. I''m not sure why. Maybe it expires (probably not)? Or my hair chemistry changed?
33.gif

I spray it quite liberally but mainly at the front (I have bangs that get quite oily) and then I brush the powder through my hair. It doesn''t last throughout the whole day...maybe just a few hours, but I''m the type of person who''s constantly touching my hair. I think it was around $25-30.

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 8:16:39 AM
Author: sammyj
Hey mia, I looked through the other thread that Skippy posted and someone had mentioned Ojon which is the brand I bought from Sephora. I bought it over a year ago and I loved it at first. I thought it worked really well and made my hair look fresh. Now...not so much. I''m not sure why. Maybe it expires (probably not)? Or my hair chemistry changed?
33.gif

I spray it quite liberally but mainly at the front (I have bangs that get quite oily) and then I brush the powder through my hair. It doesn''t last throughout the whole day...maybe just a few hours, but I''m the type of person who''s constantly touching my hair. I think it was around $25-30.
This is a dumb question, but did you shake it really well before spraying?
Also, if its old, its possible that some powder caked in the can-- leaving less free powder to spray out (or not much powder left!)
(I would think its more of an expiration type issue than your hair chem changing)

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve tried Stila''s hair powder, smells amazing but didn''t do a whole lot to make my hair "refreshed". I now have Oscar Blandi (think I spelled it right) Pronto dry shampoo spray and LOVE it. It smells like lemons and really makes hair shiny and fresh. It''s not cheap, but worth it. Especially because I only use it if I blow my hair out straight, to get an extra day out of it before washing. Sephora has LOTS of different kinds if you want to go someplace and browse many options.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Ojon makes a great one. I like it better than the Bumble.

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 10:52:58 AM
Author: natalina
I''ve tried Stila''s hair powder, smells amazing but didn''t do a whole lot to make my hair ''refreshed''. I now have Oscar Blandi (think I spelled it right) Pronto dry shampoo spray and LOVE it. It smells like lemons and really makes hair shiny and fresh. It''s not cheap, but worth it. Especially because I only use it if I blow my hair out straight, to get an extra day out of it before washing. Sephora has LOTS of different kinds if you want to go someplace and browse many options.
I have this in the powder (not spray)-- I think it works REALLY well, but I have to say, not a big fan of the scent!
Mine smells more like lemongrass and its pretty strong (not in a good way)! I wish it smelled more like lemons!-- the smell is the only reason I don''t use it much
Its one of those scents that doesn''t fade (or at least I don''t get used to it)

Maybe I need to try the spray?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Klorane is great and much cheaper than some of the other brands mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results