shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies getting engaged before christmas...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Alright ladies, I know there''s several of you that are expecting a proposal on or before christmas... It''s 13 days til christmas.... are you getting nervous?

I guess if I were in your shoes, I''d be unable to sleep! I don''t now how you all contain yourselves... But, I just want to wish you all the best of luck and I hope everyone gets the engagement they are hoping for
1.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been anxious since I found out he had the ring 2 months ago, and I''m starting to become very obsessed with it. That''s why I had to take a little break from PS - I was in waaaay too deep. Hopefully mine will be before Christmas - I''m really trying not to focus on it, but it''s very hard. Thankfully I''ve had a million things to do with the holidays coming that it does distract me a little...

kellybelly

Shiny_Rock
i was really more obsessing about it around the time i knew he was making final decisions about the ring, mainly because i didn't know if he would have it in his hands or had to order it. i still don't know the answer to that question, but as it's been 2 months since then, i'd have to assume he hasn't had it this entire time.

frankly, i believe i have exhausted myself thinking about it. now when i get it, it will be more like relief because i won't have to be thinking about it anymore!
1.gif

sandia_rose

Shiny_Rock
I''m not holding my breath, but a Christmas or New Year''s proposal would be awesome!

My boyfriend has been the type to be alternately scared and hopeful about marriage. He was married for 20 years to a woman who put him through hell -- and that was after she hounded him for over a year for a proposal. He was 25 at the time, and he told me that when he went to the store to get her a ring, he got physically sick and actually had to go outside several times for air. And I should point out that my boyfriend is a "man''s man" - he''s got a construction business, can be macho (but not jerky macho) and is definately not the kind of guy who is intimidated/afraid of anything. I told him that if he looks back on that ordeal, that it was the person making him sick and not the process of getting engaged/married. His gut was telling him she was bad news - and she was.

Anyway, he has told me a few times that he would like to get married again eventually. He loves me and tells me/shows me all the time, so I don''t doubt how he feels about me. But he also has made comments about marriage being "a trap" and that he is not sure he believes in marriage anymore. A lot of his friends are like him - mid-to-late 40s - and have all been divorced at least once. I am hopeful and want to think that the "trap" comments are just cold feet -- because two of his good friends have remarried in the last year....and one of them is a new Dad now and the other is expecting. I asked him, "How do you feel about that?" And he said, "That''s kind of cool. I mean, I don''t want any more kids, but it''s inspiring to see that people can get second chances." And - ah hem - the two guys in question both were very anti-marriage after they got divorced...until they met their wives. I have told him that I''m not in any hurry to get married again (which is a fib....I don''t want to scare him), but that if he asked me, I''d say yes in a second....and at the end of the day, all I really want is to settle down and have someone to share the next 40 years of my life with. I told him, "I had a horrible marriage and a horrible divorce, but I''m not going to let that color my future or any possibilities in it."

He''s been very goo-goo and cuddly and overly touchy-feely with me lately, which has me wondering what''s up. He''s affectionate, but not a
30.gif
kind of guy. He also made a comment over the weekend regarding Christmas shopping. Because I have a 7 year old son who makes it impossible to get out of any store in under 2 hours, I have to do the bulk of my shopping online. I start around Halloween and am done now. My bf said, "I''m pretty much done for the kids and my mom, but I am still shopping for you. There is something I want to get and I am having trouble deciding."

And another incident: When I graduated college, I bought myself a moissonite stone and had a simple white gold setting made for it. I wanted to have a "real" piece of jewelery to reward myself for finishing college (it took me 10 years to get a BA...I paid for it 100% myself and got it while holding down a full time job), since everything else I have is costume or silver. It was a 1.5ct Asscher stone set in a simple bezel setting. I wore it on my right hand for years -- until recently. I had gotten stomach-sick for almost two weeks and lost weight...and my ring started slipping off. So, not thinking, I put it on my left hand - because I am left handed and that''s my larger hand. No one ever thought it to be an engagement type ring, and I only planned to wear it there until I could take it to get resized. WELL, I lost it!!!!!! I was heartbroken, but I was dumb enough not to get it insured, so I resigned to buying a new one. Which I did. Bought something as close to what I had as I could (thanks, QVC and Diamonique...I can''t afford moissonite right now with holiday expenses) without spending money to get one made. The only difference between my old one and new one is that the new one has a halo. And guess what? That started slipping off, too! Of course, it''s winter now and all my jewelery is looser. So I switched it to my left hand. My boyfriend felt really bad when I lost my moissonite (he had surprised me with Stevie Wonder tickets and we were at a show in a big arena) and wanted to look at the ring I bought. He really studied it - which is odd....he is not the type of guy who is interested in any jewlery, to the point of not wearing a watch, even. He has also asked me if I am happy with my new ring (strange question) and I said, "Very happy. I wish I had my old one, but this one is kind of cool, too." And he said, "I like it. It looks really nice on you." And then I said, "I hope it doesn''t freak you that it''s on my left hand. It''s just that it''s falling off my right hand." And he said, "Why would I be freaked?" And I said, "Well, someone might think it was an engagement ring and I don''t want you to feel weird." And he said, "I didn''t think that at all. If it bothered me, I''d say so."

Hmmmmmm. Again, I am not holding my breath. But it would be a wonderful surprise!

What do you think?

Bridget in Connecticut.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
nervous, anxious, curious, exited and a little frustrated is what im feeling. knowing he has the ring, and that the family knows, plus that we have both our parents blessings (that was a big deal to us) is starting to wear me down a bit. plus the fact that i have finals this week doesnt help..but yea im very exited and like kelly said i too will think it will be more of a relief when he does it BECAUSE i dont have to be as anxious about when or how or what he will be doing, i dont do good with surprises...

im exited about telling all our friends, and family, and you guys, and then im terrified of the "sunday after" when we go to church, i dont think im going to do well with everyone attacking and grabbing at my hand. i mean as sweet as i am i too have a comfort bubble, and i have seen friends who have gotten engaged and people once they heard ran up to then and grabbed at their hands to see the ring a few women have even grabbed the ring off my one friends hand so that they can try it on...im quite terrified about that...

i just really want to get today over with, because i have my last final of the semester at 330 and then im out! finished and i can just wait patiently for that ring to be on my finger.

so yea knowing christmas is 13 days away, and knowing that a proposal will be soon is making me a bit nervous, and its not even about the getting engaged part, i want that more than ever, but its about the aftermath and the people im nervous about...

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
i am in the same boat. every time i think about it my stomach churns with butterflies. it is almost worse knowing that the ring is finished and it is only a matter of time. i have a feeling it is coming on or around the week of christmas because we will be in seattle where we met and i cannot think of a better place. the next few weeks feel like torture though. i just cant wait to get on that plane....

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hang in there emilina! I bet you it will be really soon!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thanks bee!

i so thought i would be happening this week but its not...he just told me hes going to indiana tonight to do some work for his brother for two days, so he wont be back till friday, and well i work friday night...and well as much as i believed it would happen saturday its not cause he wants to go christmas shopping home...and then he wants us to go to his sisters place for a christmas party (she has not been doing so well since his other sister passed away last july)..and he wont be doing it there im 97% sure of this...

oh well i just have to wait..and hopefully it wont be much longer...

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m more excited for graduation right now! Sorry, don''t mean to be a thread stealer or whatever, just had to get it out of my system! :) *insert lyrics to independent woman here*

and congrats to all getting the e-ring!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 9:25:52 PM
Author: emilina22
thanks bee!

i so thought i would be happening this week but its not...he just told me hes going to indiana tonight to do some work for his brother for two days, so he wont be back till friday, and well i work friday night...and well as much as i believed it would happen saturday its not cause he wants to go christmas shopping home...and then he wants us to go to his sisters place for a christmas party (she has not been doing so well since his other sister passed away last july)..and he wont be doing it there im 97% sure of this...

oh well i just have to wait..and hopefully it wont be much longer...

I just saw in another post that it''s your birthday in four days (my birthdays the same day!!)-I bet you he will propose on your birthday! I''d put money on it!

angiety2k

Shiny_Rock
I am so nervous! I thought he wouldn''t be able to wait, but unfortunately he has so I don''t know when hes going to do it. Today I am going to a dinner with all of are friends...which now makes nervous now after thinking about it. What if he does it tonight?! OMG now I am really sinking this in. It really could happen tonight or any night! We are going to a fancy place tonight
30.gif
. But if it doesn''t happen today it will come soon. I''ll let you know when this whole thing stinks in for me. Right now just excited to wear my ring and wondering how he will propose!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
bee THAT IS SOOO COOL that we share a birthday!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 5:12:37 PM
Author: emilina22
bee THAT IS SOOO COOL that we share a birthday!!!
yeah it''s cool!! I have two exams the day after mine though so I''m going to have to study for the whole day
14.gif
Are you having a 21st party?

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
it sounds lame but i really just wanna stay in with M and not do very much...but i am having sushi with the girls for lunch!!! yay SAKI! haha

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be keeping my fingers crossed for a bday proposal!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
Bee- YOUR ARE SOO CUTE!!!!! you made me smile from ear to ear...thanks!!! i needed it since hes been away at work in indiana for 2 days! thanks BEE!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem!! I just so think that it''s going to happen on your 21st! That would be such a cool present!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results