shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, don't marry a Scotsman . . .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
. . . but you DOO, rather if HE doo, don't wear white.

2.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo funny, but sooo ewww yuck! I guess they don't have cottonelle wipes over there!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
No Scots tissue

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
VL~ Nicely played!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1307456566|2939772 said:
No Scots tissue

HAHA!

Melee not eyeclean..... :cheeky:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hilarious story, but for some reason the part I found funniest was that the next day they had no recollection of the brawl. Hahaha.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Im kind of grooving on the venue, "Reformed Temperance Hall" excellent name for a bar. Cant help but think of reformed teatotalers, aka drunks.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1307458045|2939800 said:
Im kind of grooving on the venue, "Reformed Temperance Hall" excellent name for a bar. Cant help but think of reformed teatotalers, aka drunks.

That's what I found amusing too!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
NewEnglandLady|1307457805|2939797 said:
Hilarious story, but for some reason the part I found funniest was that the next day they had no recollection of the brawl. Hahaha.
Again, that's pretty normal for Greenock. :bigsmile: No wedding here is complete without a brawl. ;))

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Am I the only one who's never understood the skid-mark issue? WIPING YOUR BUTT IS NOT HARD, GOOD LORD, PEOPLE.

I feel like that one of the basic "are you a grown-up?" tests. I want to start issuing grown-up licenses, I think. Can't figure out how to wipe your own butt/do your own laundry (these are not related)/perform any of the other basic grown-up functions? No adult privileges! Including, of course, getting married.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wiping your butt is not hard, but it's possibly considered a bit fancy in Greenock.

I can't begin to explain how outside of normality Greenock really is. No compendium of the worst places on earth would omit to mention Greenock. If beings from other planets attempt to colonise earth, and start there, they'll pack up and go home after the first Friday night...

ETA I'm teasing. No offense to any PSers from Greenock. I used to live there myself (that's how I know... :bigsmile: )

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1307460037|2939825 said:
Am I the only one who's never understood the skid-mark issue? WIPING YOUR BUTT IS NOT HARD, GOOD LORD, PEOPLE.

I feel like that one of the basic "are you a grown-up?" tests. I want to start issuing grown-up licenses, I think. Can't figure out how to wipe your own butt/do your own laundry (these are not related)/perform any of the other basic grown-up functions? No adult privileges! Including, of course, getting married.
Say it, sister!

I've never understood the skid-mark issue, either. We keep packages of Wet Ones wipes in each bathroom just in case someone *really* needs an extra cleaning, but seriously, skid-marks? I can't believe adults really get those!

ETA: I would have clocked anyone who left a skid-mark on my wedding dress, by the way, so good for her!

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Haven|1307475142|2940042 said:

Say it, sister!

I've never understood the skid-mark issue, either. We keep packages of Wet Ones wipes in each bathroom just in case someone *really* needs an extra cleaning, but seriously, skid-marks? I can't believe adults really get those!

ETA: I would have clocked anyone who left a skid-mark on my wedding dress, by the way, so good for her!

I'm more in shock the couple didn't remember it the next morning. All I could think was what a waste they spent all this money on their wedding and didn't remember it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AmeliaG|1307484791|2940183 said:
I'm more in shock the couple didn't remember it the next morning. All I could think was what a waste they spent all this money on their wedding and didn't remember it.

I grew up hearing this. As soon as I saw this thread I thought of this wedding.

"My Mother's Wedding Day" from Brigadoon

MEG:
Now if ye think this weddin' day went jus' a wee amiss,
Then I will tell ye 'bout a weddin' far more daft than this.
The lad involved turned out to be no other but my pa,
An' by the strangest bit o' luck, the woman was my ma.
MacGregor, MacKenna, MacGowan, MacGraw, MacVitie, MacNeil an' MacRae;
Ay, all the folk in the village were there at my mother's weddin' day.
For pa had asked his friend MacPhee, an' Mac had come with May MacGee,
An' May invited ninety-three to my mother's weddin' day.
Then up the road came Ed macKeen with half the town of Aberdeen.

CHORUS:
Ay, ev'ryone was on the scene at her mother's weddin' day.

MEG:
At quarter to five everybody was there a-waitin' around in the room,
MacVicker, MacDougall, MacDuff an' MacCoy--everybody but the groom.
An' as the hours turtled by, the men got feelin' kind o' dry,
An' thought they'd take a nip of rye while a-waitin' for the groom.
An' while the men were dippin' in, the ladies started on the gin.

CHORUS:
An' soon the room began to spin at her mother's weddin' day.

MEG:
Then all of a sudden the liquor was gone, the gin an' the whiskey an' all.
An' all of a sudden the weddin' affair had become a bonnie brawl.
For Pete MacGraw and Joe MacPhee began to fight for May MacGee,
While May MacGee an' Sam MacKee were a-wooin' in the hall.
So cold an' stiff was John MacVay, they used him for a servin' tray.

CHORUS:
For ev'ryone was blithe and gay at her mother's weddin' day.

MEG:
MacDuff an' MacVitie were playin' a game, an' usin' MacCoy for the ball.
MacKenna was eatin' the bridal bouquet, an' MacNeil hung on the wall.
When finally my father came, his eyes were red, his nose aflame.
He dinna even know his name; he was drunkest of them all.
The people were lyin' all over the room a'lookin' as if they were dead,
Then mother uncovered the minister quick, an' she told 'im: Go ahead.
Then pa kneeled down on Bill MacRae, an' mother kneeled on Jock MacKay,
The preacher stood on John MacVay, and that's how my ma was wed.
It was a sight beyond compare. I ought to know, for I was there.

CHORUS:
There never was a day as rare as her mother's weddin' day!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Haven|1307475142|2940042 said:

Say it, sister!

AGREED! I also don't understand skidmarks. I admit that I laughed at the article and read it to FI, but I'm also completely grossed out. Because really, skidmarks???

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Gross! :errrr:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
:knockout: Gross :knockout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results