shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies,does your husband wear cuff links?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband has only wore cuff links for our wedding, and I think he even rented them when he rented his tux. So, no, he doesn't really wear them.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nashville said:
Hahaha! No way. He doesn't even own a suit. He hates to dress up and will only do so for a wedding or a funeral.

Lest I mislead you, my husband detests dressing up. He is not a clothes horse and does not buy clothes for pleasure. He does not follow high fashion trends, but has a navy blazer and grey flannel slacks for occasions when I insist that he look nice or he knows that he has to dress nicely for some non-suit quasi-business engagement. The only reason he wears suits is because that is his uniform for work. He used to own a tuxedo for the same reason: business functions...but he...uh...outgrew it.

Deb
:read:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Fiance doesn't wear cuff links, I could barely get him in a button down shirt. BUT I do like when I see men wearing them, they're nice!

SO wears scrubs to work so thats a no go too :(

4ever

Ideal_Rock
BF has more pairs of cufflinks than he has shirts to wear them on.

I concluded long ago that if I were a man I would get my bling fix with MASSIVE diamond cufflinks :bigsmile:

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
DH wears suits every day.
He has so many ties and pocket squares that I can't even count them all!

He does not wear cuff links though.
Which is disappointing because I LOVE French cuff shirts with cuff links, they are just so "James Bond" and sexy! :naughty:

I think he feels they are just a little too dressy for everyday business.
We live on the west coast and business attire is more casual than the east coast.
He is in sales and he is mindful to not overdress.

I think I should buy him a couple of French cuff shirts so he can start a collection of cuff links! :appl:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not a man, but I love cufflinks and wear them myself. My little collection includes french knots, a few silver pair and a couple of mother of pearl. I would love a pair of antique edwardian cuff links with gems.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SuzyQZ said:

Yes! No one mentioned the pocket squares until you did, SuzyQZ! Long ago my husband realized that the pocket square looked neater than a fluted handkerchief and he has worn a perfectly square white handkerchief in his breast pocket ever since! (Not that a square shows, of course! A rectangle shows.) How could I have failed to note this? And then, of course, there are the ties. My husband's are all red or yellow with a small pattern. He has a few blue ones with small patterns and maybe two or three striped, "rep" ties. All the height of conservatism. I know there are a few silver, patterned ones in there somewhere that were bought to go with some dressy outfit and some preppy ones with tiny American flags or Christmas trees...but those are the exception! Does your husband, or has he ever, worn garters?

Deb/AGBF

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF said:
SuzyQZ said:

Yes! No one mentioned the pocket squares until you did, SuzyQZ! Long ago my husband realized that the pocket square looked neater than a fluted handkerchief and he has worn a perfectly square white handkerchief in his breast pocket ever since! (Not that a square shows, of course! A rectangle shows.) How could I have failed to note this? And then, of course, there are the ties. My husband's are all red or yellow with a small pattern. He has a few blue ones with small patterns and maybe two or three striped, "rep" ties. All the height of conservatism. I know there are a few silver, patterned ones in there somewhere that were bought to go with some dressy outfit and some preppy ones with tiny American flags or Christmas trees...but those are the exception! Does your husband, or has he ever, worn garters?

Deb/AGBF
No he doesn't wear garters, or suspenders! But I do love it when he mixes it up between his ties and pocket squares and of course the white pocket square is simply classic! He has great taste and sense of style. Sometimes he brings a tie home he just bought and I say "ewww" that is really a gross color in that pattern (like pumpkin or lavender), what are you going to wear that with? Then I see him a few days later as he leaves for work and I comment on how dapper and GQ he looks and then he says, notice my tie/pocket square? It's the one you turned your nose up at! Well, needless to say, I've had to eat a little crow every now and then. I don't ever question his taste anymore.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I attend several black tie events a year and he likes to try for a different look each time, but really, how different can you make a tux look? He has three full sets of studs/cuff links. He has black onyx with gold trim, black onyx with silver trim and mother of pearl with silver trim. He also has one nice pair of links from Tateossian and I gave him a pair of engraved sterling silver ones for our wedding. For variety, he has several sets of vests/ties to go with his tuxes (some are bowties some are the necktie ones) and he bought an ivory dinner jacket last summer for well...summer!

He wears a business suit about 65% of the time at work and has a few french cuff shirts to go with them. I have a full jewelry armoire, but he has a full valet as well...I am just happy that he LIKES getting dressed up, be it for work or parties!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I'm planning on getting FI a french cuff shirt or two to go with his suit for his birthday...and I may have already bought a pair of cufflinks for him when they were on sale around Father's Day.

We're planning on buying him a new suit for our wedding, and I hoping he'll wear french cuffs with that so I can surprise him with cuff links as a wedding prezzie.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results