shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies...do you look good on high heel shoes?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can you walk on high heels?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Walk on them? I can RUN on them. :bigsmile:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can stand on them. But moving, not a chance. I remember telling my husband around my 29th birthday that by the time I was 30 I wanted to be able to wear and walk in heels. I am well into my mid-30s and that's still not happening. I wear f'ing converse nearly daily.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1319679021|3048378 said:

Yes! Me too; that said, I did run 5 blocks in my Gucci stilettos this spring (late for Grad...)...and had a marvellous lower hip/backache! I think if they been my Zanotti (platform)pumps, I'd have been fine!! :bigsmile: :saint:

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look better than men do.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i wanna see it... :naughty: is there a you tube link?.. :bigsmile:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1319683040|3048438 said:
i wanna see it... :naughty: is there a you tube link?.. :bigsmile:

No youtube videos of me! I might have political aspirations one day, I can't afford any damaging pics or videos out there! Hahaha! :naughty:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I wear them daily. I can't imagine wearing flats. But that's cause I am 5'4 and I like the Xtra height heels give me. And no mine are not 6 inch heels , more like 3 or so.. Conservative. I started this ages ago when my kids started being taller than me..

Now I should just give it up. Son is 6'3 and DD is 5'9. I grow them tall... :bigsmile:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
When I used to work in an office, I wore stilettos all day without issue. When I changed careers to one where I wear tennis shoes, I lost my tolerance for heels. After about an hour I'm in a lot of pain, whereas I used to be able to jog in them lol. The pain doesn't stop me from wearing them though :) I love the way I look in them - plus with a 4 inch heel, I'm almost 6 feet tall and I like that for some weird reason. I always wished I was a bit taller (I'm about 5'8", but 5'10" would be my dream height).

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At 5'2", high heels definitely can give me a boost, in confidence, as well as height. But because I've always worked with kids (preschool or special needs) I've never been a daily wearer of high heels. Last year, I worked with older elementary students with higher functioning autism, and was able to wear the occasional 1 to 2 inch heel. I loved it. But, I had foot surgery in late July and haven't worn anything but sneakers or very sensible (flat) shoes since. The screw comes out of my foot late next month. Maybe I can try a lower heel again by Valentine's Day? Or Easter, maybe Easter. I miss my heels :( but I want good feet even more.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I wear 3-4" heels to work everyday nothing higher. I'm already 5'7", but I feel powerful when I wear heels because I can look at most of the male execs straight in the eye with my heels on. Funny thing is, once I'm off of work, I wear flats or very low 1-2" heels because I don't want to tower over dh who is only 1" taller than me. It's no wonder I have over 60 pairs of shoes, half for work, and the other for non-work events.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Nope. I look ridiculous in them, like I've assumed a voluntary disability. For me, high heel shoes are perverse, foolish and just a little bit (ok, a lot) comical. I can't pull 'em off. :bigsmile:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
PositivelyPeanut|1319701455|3048559 said:
Circe|1319678527|3048374 said:
Let me put it like this: these are my comfortable pregnancy shoes.

http://www.fluevog.com/code/?p=4&pp=1&view=detail&colourID=3132
Love Fluevog. :love: So many shoes, so little time.

Oh, and yes, love heels I think every woman looks better in heels. They're magic and have the power to make us feel (and look) oh so sexy.

I have to respectfully but emphatically disagree on both counts. ;))

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've never worn a pair of heels in my life. Nothing over 1" anyway.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Two studies -- one just came out yesterday -- show how bad heels 3" or higher are for your feet, in the long term. I can definitely confirm! Used to wear them every day to work for years & years -- and my feet are a wreck. I haven't worn them for about 8 yrs but walking is dang painful still, due to weird feet. :(sad If I had it to do over, I'd probably wear them anyway & be sorry anyway.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back in the day when I was a teenager and in my 20's and 30's I wore them, loved those 3-4 spiked heels...still love the way they look, but I have not wore heels in probably 8-10 years, other then when I had to really dress up which is very rare...now I cant wear them I have heel spurs and wearing heels hurts my feet :wink2:

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I damaged the balls of my feet from high heels and spent a fortune at a podiatrist before I even graduated college, but that doesn't stop me :Up_to_something: Now I just make sure to have a pair of flats if I'm going to be walking more than a few hundred feet at a time. My office recently moved and I now drive, but our old building was a 10-15 minute walk from a Metro stop. I used to keep about 20 pairs of heels under my desk to change into when I got to work :naughty: My go-to weekend shoes are usually a pair of black ballet flats though.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I wear 3-4" heels every day. I love them, I can walk in them, and if I really, really had to, I probably could run in them!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I very rarely wear heels. I have 2 pairs of really good quality black patent leather heels because the cheap ones just hurt my feet way too much and I only wear my heels if I'm going out. For work I wear flats, but like Ame, I'm usually rocking the Converse...

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
You bet ;))

However, they are not practical for day to day (i'm a teacher). But on a special day, I love a good pair of heels!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I love a pair of killer heels and super high boots too. pre children I could have run a lap around a field in them but now I wear them so rarely that it takes me half an hour to get my confidence fully back. My husband is super tall so the higher the better for me when I do!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I look good in them since I'm so short and need all the help I can get. but can I walk in them? I don't stand a chance.. :errrr:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I can walk in them. I can't full-on sprint, but I can carry a decent jog in them too. That is, unless they exceed 3", then there's only walking. The other night, DH and I went to dinner and it was Homecoming night for the teenagers. We were walking into a fancy restaurant (in my heels) and DH was laughing at the young girls trying to stay upright in theirs. He said, "Oh, you do it so easily so I never thought it was that hard." lol

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I don't like really high heels and don't feel safe in them, but I do wear 2-2.5" heels daily for work. Mainly because all my trousers are hemmed for that length, so I have to buy shoes that match it! I'm only 5'2" so I do like the extra height and it makes me feel more polished and professional. When I'm not at work, though, I usually wear sneakers or cute (i.e. not clog-style) Crocs.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
jaysonsmom|1319693841|3048544 said:
I wear 3-4" heels to work everyday nothing higher. I'm already 5'7", but I feel powerful when I wear heels because I can look at most of the male execs straight in the eye with my heels on. Funny thing is, once I'm off of work, I wear flats or very low 1-2" heels because I don't want to tower over dh who is only 1" taller than me. It's no wonder I have over 60 pairs of shoes, half for work, and the other for non-work events.

You're almost my shoe twin :wavey:

I'm 5' 7 1/2" - hubby is 5'9".

I pretty much always wear at least 4" heels at work (unless I'm on site - then its safety boots :(( poo! ) and love looking the males straight in the eye, but almost never wear heels when out with hubby cos I feel uncomfortable if I'm taller than him. (I also have 60+ pairs of shoes split fairly evenly to heels and flats).

DF - To answer your original question..... I cant say for sure that I look good in high heels (you'd have to ask others that question) but I can say for sure I FEEL great in high heels :bigsmile: and yes I can walk in them (I can even jog in them)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
PositivelyPeanut|1319701455|3048559 said:
Oh, and yes, love heels. I think every woman looks better in heels. They're magic and have the power to make us feel (and look) oh so sexy.

Big ditto! I was emphatically against heels when I was younger. I used to think they were a way for the patriarchy to bring women down by making us uncomfortable and making it hard to move. Then I realized they're actually not all that uncomfortable (for me at least). A lot of my heels are more comfortable than flats. And I feel so much taller, sexier, and more powerful when I wear them.

However, I do think you're talking about 2 different questions. Do you look good in heels? Sure, we all do. Can you walk in heels? Totally different question! That takes some practice.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since I lost some weight, I'll wear them for special occasions. And I'm fine to wear a very comfy wedge sandal these days.

But stilettos, no, don't wear those anymore. Any heel I do wear has to be VERY comfortable. As I get older, I'm aware my body is starting to groan and moan here a bit...and I realize that I (hopefully) have a long life to live. I can't imagine having foot pain...that would be unbearable. So I do what I can to make sure my feet stay healthy and happy.

Generally, because I work from home, I wear shoes maybe an hour a day when I go out or work out. It's nice to generally be shoe free all the time!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results