shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab Diamond Check Please! Yadis (Shanghai Haoben) Jewellry

VJ020

Rough_Rock
I think if you're savvy enough you can get a very good deal out of China or India but a good majority of people aren't able to put the time and effort into it, in which case they are best suited to dealing with a local jeweller.

Agreed! Which begs the questions why anyone would spend 4 or 5 digits on something they aren't savvy or passionate about ha ha. But that's a whole different topic...

VJ020

Rough_Rock
I used rare caret 12Fifteen and got a 2.10, I, ideal, Vs1 with setting for $4100. How does that compare? The diamond alone was $3600.

Can you send me the specs of the diamond such as where the inclusions are, how thick the girdle, what angles pavilion/crown? And what sort of setting (platinum? Any melee stones?). Any additional fees such as shipping and taxes?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
18 kt yg plain band
E1971631-90B9-480A-941C-B3454F3F6A7F.jpeg AB25EDA1-307C-461E-9A47-133EADABFBCE.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8BBB7793-DB3A-4FE8-A82E-BFB03E9D5B3B.jpeg $4100 included everything

Seeworld

Rough_Rock
Yes I plan to disclose the price and my tabulated (and numerical) experiences with multiple sales agents/companies overseas so people on here can judge who to talk to and which company to choose from if they decide to go that route. As the ring is still being worked on right now and it hasn't been shipped to me to conduct two seperate independent evaluations to conclude the entire purchasing experience, I will save that information for later to remain as unbiased as possible for the time being!

This is what I have posted on reddit so far:

I tabulated my encounters with suppliers on Alibaba and I will provide the numbers to back up my research findings later, but just briefly from my shopping research/experience after numerous months of research and discussions with multiple sales agents: TY/Yadis carries the largest (and the same) stock of CVD super ideal cut diamonds with over 60 lab diamonds available at any time. Many of these were ideal cuts (Id/Ex/Ex) so I would imagine there are even more stock if you were less picky. Customer service varies depending on which sales agent you speak with and also their patience with me - as I was being slightly more picky than the average customer. The same diamond will vary in price across different agents but surprisingly the setting price varies too, by a large amount from $300-400 all the way to $1000 by one popular sales agent on here with the name beginning with "S". Amongst these sales agent, I have identified a few that tends to provide images, ASET scope, H&A scope of other diamonds to satisfy your photo/video request for YOUR diamond, which is a bit misleading and deceitful, but to a certain extent understandable given time commitment and the money you're paying!

Provence was very professional as well in terms of customer service although slower than TY/Yadis, but the selection was slightly less and a large majority were HPHT diamonds (neither one is better than the other from my research, but in general CVD tends to yield larger carat diamonds at a lower cost and less time - with the inherent characteristics of either type that is widely discussed online). Setting price was nearly identical with Yadis/Tianyu.

Messi, Fiorese, and Starsgem, in contrast, had very little stock to choose from. Amongst these 3, Messi provided excellent customer service but had limited stock of ideal cuts. Tianyu said Fiorese works right next to them, but Fiorese was not able to provide any selection of ideal cut diamonds for the size and the three week period that I gave him. Starsgem showed me 8 lab diamonds but only one of these was ideal cut. Starsgem setting price quote was higher than Yadis, Tianyu, and Provence. It is also rumored here on reddit that Starsgem tends to yield settings with less weight and thinner dimensions than CAD. Both Fiorese and SG seem to prefer selling Ex or VG graded diamonds, ignoring my request for ideal cut diamonds. Interestingly, however, the lower quality diamond prices from Starsgem was almost the same if not more than the other two competitors before considering the setting costs for EX or VG diamonds.

***Please note, this is just one independent research conducted between July -October 2020 and your findings may vary based on the diamond or setting you want. In this case, I requested for super ideal cut diamonds with the proportions I wanted, and nothing less.

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am also a picky customer. Do you mind to share the agent you worked with at Yadis please? Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results