shape
carat
color
clarity

La Sposa Fanal brides

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
So, I ordered my dress in mid or late October. It''s the Fanal in Oyster, which I have never tried on in even close to my size. Everyone loved it, said it was a rich-looking satin, said it was THE dress, and I felt pretty good about it, too. It was strapless, which was not really my thing, but it was pretty and not overly ornate. So we ordered it, in it will supposedly come in sometime next month. They are even allowing me to return it if I don''t like it, since I tried it on literally 6 sizes too big (a size 18 or 20, but I''m an 6 or 8).

Meanwhile, I''ve been wondering if I ordered the wrong dress. I think part of it is that I can only find the manufacturer''s picture, which didn''t look pearl colored with a hint of gold, as the dress I''d been wearing did, but very gold. It''s also kind of a weird picture. I''ve seen another girl on the knot with the dress & I liked it better on her than on some model standing on a footstool! I''d never have liked it or asked to try it on based on the model pic, but I''m hoping that''s all lighting & posing. So, long story long, if you are a Fanal bride, please post your pics here & tell me your dress color. Also, if you have bustle pics, please post those as well! I need to know if I love this dress.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Blackbetty, here am I in mine.

I just got it altered yesterday...my tailor basically said you can bustle it 2 ways: when you tuck in the material under, making it look pillowy (hard to describe in words but I''ll attach a picture) and the other way is to button it up, so the material gathers to the side. I decided to do the second one. The bustle is hard to do since the material is all going to the side. So when I have it bustled, it''s going to button under the fabric pleats (if that makes sense) and will all be gathered up to the left side. It''s as if I picked up all the excess material and am holding it at my left side. I wish I had pictures, but like I said, I just got it altered yesterday.

Such a pretty dress! Congrats!!!

Wedding dress pics 149.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
This is the bustle I decided not to do, but this is one way of doing it...

Wedding dress pics 148.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Another

Wedding dress pics 150.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
You are right...the manufacturer''s photo is gold, but the ones I see everyone buying are the oyster color, which is pretty much ivory. It''s not as dark as you might think.

Wedding dress pics 154.jpg

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I really aprreciate it! I''m getting nerves about the dress. It looks just great on you!

Mine is due in next week, but probably won''t fit on my bum since I''ve managed to do the anti-bride & GAIN weight. The bustle in your pic looks as though it might be a French bustle, which I like, I just wasn''t sure if it would look wonky because of the ruching. I''ve seen complex French bustles, too, where they bring the material over the direction of the ruching & pin, then to the opposit side, and then under, but I haven''t seen sny pics that are really clear. Thanks again for the feedback & I''d love to see how it looks finished!

mssaephan

Rough_Rock
Hi Lanie,

The dress looks gorgeous on you. I''m also considering the Fanal. The color I tried on was darker in the salon. Is your dress Oyster or Ivory?

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Blackbetty,

It''s so funny because I just bought the Fanal in Oyster because I REALLY regretted my first dress purchase and started the process all over again!

I guess we all have second thoughts! :) But I love this dress. It''s so classic---you really can''t go wrong. And Lanie, it looks gorgeous on you!

I''ll post pics of me in it as soon as I can.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Lanie, yours in the ONE dress that makes me wonder about mine *sigh* you look beautiful!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Ah! this is the dress that i tried on and believe could be ''the one'' (even if my mum didn''t like it)
emsmile.gif

I also tried it on in the oyster colour and it was beautiful, i am sure once it arrives next week you will fall in love with it all over again.
emsmile.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are so sweet! I got my dress in Ivory, not the Oyster, but I tried on both and they were really pretty. Oyster didn't go too well with my skin tone.

I just got it fitted for the second time a couple of weeks ago, and the seamstress did the bustle soooo cool. She did it a little different than I described in my post above. She did it like Haven's dress, if you remember how hers was bustled. I typed in "bustle" in the seach engine on Pricescope, and looked through a bunch and hers was perfect for the shape of my dress! I'll post the pictures once I figure out how to change them from Bitmap to JPEG.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s see if this works....

Here''s the bustle

I didn''t button it (but obviously will for the big day. Side note: My MIL and Mom are giving Robert a crochet hook for the wedding night to help me get out of my dress! My stomach turned a little when they told me that)

She altered it too tight, so I''m going to have her let it out some. I even lost weight between fittings (10 pounds!) and it STILL was too tight.

fanalalteration.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the front. Ignore the fact that I''m not wearing a bra, and the girls would be better positioned. Small girls, but they exist. Hope my tailor doesn''t mind she''s in the picture.

I had her pin it into a sweetheart so I could see if I liked it. What do you guys think? Sweetheart or no?

fanalalteration2.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Una foto mas. This one really shows the girls in an awkward position. I''ll get a good bra, I know, I know.

fanalalteration3.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BlackBetty - if i had a bigger budget or could have stretched mine enough in any way, I WOULD be wearing this dress.

I saved that gorgeous picture of Lanie when she first posted it and i have never forgotten this dress. I didn't try it on because it wasn't a possibility for me, but i think the simplicity of this dress, coupled with the amazing material makes such a beautiful statement. In fact, when i went shopping, in my head I kept thinkiing of the lines and the fabric of THIS dress when making my choice...

I think you will love it when you put it back on - and i would love to see it - pictures please!!!!

Lanie, you look spectacular. Really, really incredible - i heart this dress on you.
30.gif
30.gif

Hawaiian - ummmmm, i didn't realize you were talking about this dress in your other thread - even if NO ONE was going to see you, except YOU and your NEW HUBBY, who the heck cares???? you'll knock his socks off!

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Oh, I LOVE the sweetheart! I''m going to have to try that as well. Looks great! I ordered mine in "oyster", but the ivory is beautiful too.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LANIE!!! i love the haven-esque bustle AND the sweetheart neckline - it''s perfect.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness Violet! Thank you so much! I was starting to doubt my dress after seeing many others on here because it was TOO simple. I always thought I would get a lace dress or one with some type of embellishment, and that has been going through my mind for the past 4 months. I even went to another dressmaker to ask if I could get something put on it to make it stand out some more...sequins or crystals or SOMETHING. She said no!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 11:46:49 AM
Author: chibride10
Oh, I LOVE the sweetheart! I''m going to have to try that as well. Looks great! I ordered mine in ''oyster'', but the ivory is beautiful too.
Chibride! Let me know when you get it in and post pics!

What veil are you thinking? I ordered a full mantilla cathedral veil with lace, but decided it was too busy for me. My best friend who is not Spanish saw my veil and said it was over the top! So I just got another veil that is cathedral length, but cut edge. Plain as can be. I''m only wearing it for our ceremony and I''m going to take it off and put a flower with a rhinestone in my hair.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 11:52:40 AM
Author: Lanie
Oh my goodness Violet! Thank you so much! I was starting to doubt my dress after seeing many others on here because it was TOO simple. I always thought I would get a lace dress or one with some type of embellishment, and that has been going through my mind for the past 4 months. I even went to another dressmaker to ask if I could get something put on it to make it stand out some more...sequins or crystals or SOMETHING. She said no!
I agree with the other dressmaker - don't touch that dress. It's simplicity is what makes it so special - this is not the case with every simple dress either.

You lucky lucky La Sposa gals - i am so jealous!
9.gif

Blackbetty, i can't wait to see you in it!!!!

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
Oh Lanie I love the bustle!!
30.gif
I''ve been trying to figure out what I could do with mine, I will have to try that if you don''t mind!!

I think your dress is beautiful the way it is with the sweetheart.... I wouldn''t add a thing to it!!!

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Here are some pics of me in the dress. Like I said, this is my second dress...I am selling my first one! This is the sample, so clearly it doesn''t fit very well, but you get the idea! This is the "oyster" color.

Lanie, I bought this cathedral-length veil to wear for the ceremony and am going to look for a more snazzy birdcage veil to wear to the reception. I love the idea of getting to do both! Anyone have a suggestion for a fun birdcage?

Thoughts?

(Not sure if the file is going to upload, but I''ll try...)

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Trying again...

LaSposaFanal1Web.JPG

chibride10

Rough_Rock
With Mom and friend...

LaSposaFanalwithMomNicoleBirdcage.JPG

chibride10

Rough_Rock
With the plain birdcage...

LaSposaFanalBirdcageCloseup1234Web.JPG

chibride10

Rough_Rock
The train and veil aren''t laying flat, but you get the idea...

LaSposaFanalFrontCathedral2Web.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my Stars!!!!! It looks so good on you!!! You do not know how happy I am on the other side of your computer!

Are you tall? It looks like you are, with all that material you get to have from your waist to the floor!

I love the idea of the cathedral veil and a birdcage for the reception!

I am so glad you decided to sell your first dress bc this one looks FAB-O on you!
30.gif
30.gif

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! I''m so excited.

Haha---I''m actually VERY short, 5''0. I should''ve mentioned I was standing on a pedastal-thingy. However, one of the things we really liked about this dress is that it does make me look taller (and leaner) than I am!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OMG you look STUNNING! What a gorgeous gown!

I would suggest going to VS for their seamless Bustier. It costs about $80, but oh, Dear God it''s worth it! It really puts the girls up into the VA VA VOOM position, and whittles the waist. It does wonders for my girls after BF''ing four babies, I''m sure it would work for anyone!

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been away a bit, but thanks for posting your awesome pic! I''m actually planning to do cathedral at the ceremony & birdcage at the reception. I can''t afford two dresses, but I can afford two veils! Unfortunately, I need to wait until june to try the dress on. They accidentally ordered the wrong size. Boo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results