shape
carat
color
clarity

La Sposa Fanal brides

britterbear

Rough_Rock
Hello, fellow fanal brides. I bought my shoes today. I absolutely love them!!!!! I wanted to go with something a little more ornate because the dress is so simplistic. What does everyone think?

20471_603120425099_42800240_34487855_247666_n2.jpg

britterbear

Rough_Rock
my shoes from another angle. I love the all the little diamonds across the toe and the metal heel base! I think it will really add some sparkle to this dress.
1.gif

20471_603122036869_42800240_34487868_6132704_s.jpg

wabride

Rough_Rock
magsymay: Thanks and of course I don''t mind sharing where I got them. I have loved these shoes for so long... OF COURSE they are last years version and sold out online they are Nordstrom BP enlightenment slingbacks. Like I said they have been sold out forever and I''ve been calling and calling, just last month someone on weddingbee was selling them and I snatched them up; it was a miracle I just so happened to be on the moment they were posted and the women I bought them from told me she had a ton of requests (because apparently they are a much sought after shoe, who would know!?) but since I was the first she would offer them to me... The Nordstrom item number is 235545 if you call or go on line, and just keep checking. That is what I was doing. Also, if you really are interested (because, like I said I was obsessed with finding these shoes for my reception) I looked high and low for alternatives and I found some Nina shoes on nina.com (DYO ELECTRA 3.25" HEEL dyed to the apple luster satin http://ninashoes.com/dyo.aspx ) that were pretty darn close and I was literally like hours away from ordering them because I had given up on the BP shoes before they came up for grabs on wedding bee. But if you''re interested, those are a good second option (or you might even like those better, who know!) Good Luck!!

Sorry if that is way too much info, it''s just that this site (and weddingbee and project wedding) has been really helpful to me so I like to help my fellow sister-brides out if there is anything I can do. :)

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!

hummingbirdbride

Rough_Rock
Reilani - in my opinion the oyster coloured dress is more silver/grey than gold. The way I describe the colour to people is to say it is the same colour as the inside of an oyster shell (probably not that helpful sorry).

attached are photos of the dress in the two different colors. I am not sure if you can see the difference in colour b/w the two photos but thought i would share them anyway. Note that these photos were taken in two different stores so the lighting etc. is different and may affect the way the colour shows.

In terms of my colouring: I am very pale and have hazel green eyes. I I think both colour are gorgeous. I chose the oyster b/c it is a bit different and that was what I was looking for when dress shopping.

the first attachment is the ivory fanal.

ivory_fanal.JPG

wabride

Rough_Rock
Good idea hummingbirdbride! By the way the dress looks fabulous on you!!

Reilani - Here are the dresses in the two different colors, taken on the same day in the same shop at the same SPOT in the shop :) I have MANY others of the ivory in different places of the shop which, when I look at those pics the color looks much different than the oyster, so I thought I''d post the ones of both the dresses in the same spot so you can see there is not much of a difference...

the first one with the belt is the oyster color....

As you can see, REALLY not that big of difference, but I did go with the Ivory because for whatever reason I felt that on me it looked a little more traditional and I wanted something with more of the "ivory" tinge then the "goldy" tinge it seemed to be on me ( this is just ME speaking here, not what it looks like on anyone else, I''m Portuguese/Italian so I get really tan really fast, with hazel eyes and brunette hair, so I think my coloring brought out the goldishness [not a word, I know] in the oyster), and I''m having my reception in a resort lodge with gorgeous views of the Cascade Mountain range, which although the lodge is incredibly ornate and beautiful, it is so in a more "natural" way meaning carved wood and stone with huge windows for viewing the scenery, but for something like brittlebears wedding where she is doing a French Quarters in New Orleans, I honestly think the oyster couldn''t be more prefect!

Hope this helps you get an idea, I know these pictures are super hard to tell from how tiny they are so I''ll try to make it a little bigger...

wabride

Rough_Rock
the oyster

wabrideOyster.jpg

wabride

Rough_Rock
sorry they''re so huge, I just thought it would be more helpful if they were bigger so you could really see the colors...

and the ivory...

wabrideivory.jpg

mke_bride

Rough_Rock
There are several stores in the Milwaukee area that are selling the dress for right around $800. I would call around to see what you can find. Also, my alterations are right around $200. I am having the hips taken in, the length taken up and a ballroom bustle done. You just have to call around and ask friends for recommendations. I found a seamstress by posting something on Facebook and a co-worker responded with a great recommendation.

I had my first fitting a few weeks ago and I wanted to warn everyone to try sitting down. I did and it''s fine, but I could see how someone would be challenged to sit down in the dress. Also, I still haven''t figured out how I am going to use the little ladies room if I need to. The dress is fitted well past my thighs and the dress doesn''t pull up enough for me to sit down - and unfortunately with all the buttons, taking the dress down every time would mean 30 minutes in the bathroom! Not trying to discourage anyone - the dress is amazing, but just something to think about.

I am getting ready for my second and hopefully final fitting in two weeks. I can''t wait! I''ll be sure to post pictures once I have them.

hummingbirdbride

Rough_Rock
wagswifetobe: the bustle you have described sounds very much like the one one of my consultants described to me. I would very much appreciate if you post pictures of your bustle once your dress is ready.

wabride: the dress is stunning on you. I am curious about the right side bustle as well so please please post pictures when your dress is ready. I love the green shows so much - it is very challenging to find shoes in that color! I found some awesome shoes in fushia but my heart is set on green!

my wedding is in october so i have some time to sort the details out and the more information the better. Thanks so much, everyone, for posting thier pictures and ideas!

niclyndsay

Rough_Rock
Hi...I''ve never posted before so I hope I''m doing and right, and sorry if I am not! Thank goodness I found this board because it seems so helpful!

I have a big problem and I was wondering if anyone else had this issue at all.... my dress finally came in and I went to try it on and had my maid of honor take photos so I could show them off but after viewing the pictures I am not in love my dress anymore When the pictures were taken the flash went off and I don''t think the dress looks as good on me in these pictures. Maybe those of you who have already had the big day can tell me from experience if they had any issues with this satin dress being too reflective or anything in pictures...anything would be helpful...thanks!
(I can''t figure out how to attach a photo that isn''t too big so sorry I have no example of what I''m talking about)

reilani

Rough_Rock
Hummingbird Bride! Thank you so much for posting your pics of both colors! you are right they are so close. Im glad to hear its more of a silver grey with gold (as i went for it and ordered it). Though, MKE Bride - sad to hear i could have saved some money in milwaukee (im in Madison!). Hunningbird the dress looks great on you!

Wabride! the dress looks great on you too! its one of the things that made me really love this dress - it really looks good on everyone. so, (i hope) how could it look bad on me! I love the picture where you see the back of the dress in the mirror. its so interesting how the color is a sort of chameleon. and yes in same spot they look very similar. funny, each time i think OK i can tell difference between oyster and ivory, i see a pic and go ok thats ivory and its oyster! so I guess they are really close.

THank you both! that was very helpful and relieving because i had to order my dress before I saw these posts and am happy with my choice!

And to Niclyndsay -- I guess for me, part of what I love about the Fanal is that shiny texture/feature. I tried on a few other dresses that had very intricate designs and looked lovely in person, but you couldnt see ANY of it in the pictures. granted they were just pictures from my friends phone camera, but they looked "dull". My Fanal pictures - the dress still had that oh so pretty look - you still saw that shiny fabric and the ohh ahh of the dress came through. At that point i wasnt 100% convinced because i originally thought i wanted more"bling" - but then found this blog and was absolutely convinced because of everyone''s great pictures. the dress looks great in all the pics. And a few people posted their professional and non-pro pics from their wedding adn the dress looks great, and even better every bride looks WONDERFUL in the dress. I tried on maybe not that many dresses, but the Fanal was about dress #7 I tried, and to convince myself i tried on at least 15 more....and NONE of them pictured as well as the Fanal. at least in my opinion.

good luck with your search.

Hummigbird and Wabride - thanks agan! and if you can, post pictures of your bustle! You all have been so helpful!

Rei

wedinblue

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 8:44:43 PM
Author: MissPrudential
Date: 1/30/2010 3:54:54 PM

Author: wedinblue

Romantic updo with dangling earrings.

101009_0651.jpg

oooh... ! Where are the earrings from??? I looooove them!

MissPrudential - I actually got them from a jewelry kiosk at my local mall. If you''re really interested, maybe I can go back and see if they have the same or something similar.

And to wabride & wagswifetobe - thank you!

LANIE...PLEASE HELP....

I am trying to recreate your exact bustle for my Fanal that just came in. They pinned it but it is still looking nothing like yours. Is there anything you can tell me about this particular bustle or how it was done?
Thank you

NEED HELP WITH BUSTLE ON FANAL...
I want to have it done same way as Lanie''s, can someone please help.....
Thanks

Chibride- Please post a picture of your bustle if you can.

Love the necklace!

Thanks

TheFutureMrsH-
Can you post pictures of your Cap sleeves? That sounds beautiful.

Date: 2/4/2010 6:04:03 AM
Author: TheFutureMrsH
I am wearing an ivory elbow length veil made of glimmer tulle, it looks so beautiful in the light! And I''m having a cap sleeved lace bolero made and the neckline of the dress made into a sweetheart.

I''m getting so excited!

BrwnEyed

Rough_Rock

Ok, so I have been stalking this message board for quite some time and am ready to step out from the shadows! I first tried on the Fanal dress 3 months ago and LOVED it! I then went back to the store last month and was not so sure. Everyone here looks gorgeous in the dress, so I am not giving up on it. Here are some questions/concerns I have based on what all of you had to say. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated! My wedding is at the end of summer, so I really need to decide very soon.

1. For those of you who already had your wedding, do you truely need to unbotton the entire thing when you use the bathroom? Someone on here mentioned that the way it is altered, that is the only option and it could take 30 minutes.

2. When i first tried ont he dress, the sales woman showed me a side bustle, which I fell in love with. When I went to the store the second time, that sales woman did not seem to understood what I meant. My questions are, what is the official name of the side bustle and is it more expensive than a normal one?

3. Did anyone find that the dress was too shiny in their prof photos?

4. Is the dress heavy and uncomfortable? It was one of the heaviest dresses that I tried on, but than again it was several sizes too big.

5. How long did it take for the manufacturer to ship the dress to the store once the order was placed?

Thank you in advance for your help! I will probably make a decision this weekend, so feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

ecofemme98

Rough_Rock

My bridal salon told me it would take four months to get the dress, but I doubt it actually takes that long. I think if you need the dress in 8-10 weeks you could get it that soon if you needed it.

emarie

Rough_Rock
Hi wagswifetobe! I grew up in southern MN & now live in Minneapolis. I love the Fanal... and I was going to call La Sposa bridal shops around MN (3) and WI (3) to see if they''d sell it for less than Brides of France ($1140)... I didn''t think of SD! Hmm.

But now... instead of crawling thru the nation''s bridal shops or waiting for a sale, I found one listed on oncewed.com, and I am about to buy it- New with Tags!

My only hesitation is... the dress measures 59". I am 5''9", 6'' with 3" heels (is there any other kind?)= 69"+3"...
59" from floor to chest hits halfway between my collarbone-bottom and the top of a strapless dress.

59" - Is this long enough for a 5''9" gal with heels? Do people wear puffy slips with Fanal that would affect its wearable length?

Should I pull the trigger & get this dress?

6.gif

emarie

Rough_Rock
RE: Fanal Length

To clarify, I am wondering if there are any tall Fanal brides out there who were concerned about the length when ordering your dress?

The boutique selling Fanal told me that all La Sposa gowns come 60" long (top of bust area to the front hem). The sample I tried on had lots of extra length on the front hem. The gown I''m about to buy (new with tags consignment) is 59" long.
I found this unusual because the standard size of other gowns I''ve tried is shorter - the hems of these samples have hit my toes/skimmed the floor - and they would have to be ordered with extra length (or order extra fabric & have it sewn in). Maybe La Sposa does just come longer?

Everything else checks out, I''m just being a little cautious before actually buying it!
30.gif

Twinkle Toes

Rough_Rock
BrwnEyed: I ordered the dress from the Pronovias Flagship Shore in NYC, and it took all of 4 months to get it. I would assume that you could rush the order, but I would also guess that the flagship store would get dresses as quickly (if not quicker than) other shops...but its just a guess. Good luck!

emarie: I''m also 5''9" and I ordered the standard length (I think I read on one site''s La Sposa size chart that the H-to-H measurement was 61/62". Not sure if the larger sizes are 62" and the smaller ones are 61", but I ordered a size 4). I''m wearing flats (my fiance and I are the exact same height!) so I''ll need a slight hem, but only an inch or two since the length is almost perfect. Hope that helps.

wabride: Wow, reading your story was like deja vu for me! I''m also a west coast bride whose family flew out to help me dress shop in NYC, and we also ended up with the Fanal at the Pronovias Flagship. One piece of advice is that you should make an appointment to pick up your dress (they told me they wouldn''t ship mine when it came in, not sure if thats the case for everyone though). I thought I could just go in and pick it up, but that wasn''t the case apparently.

I''d love to see what kind of bustles you other ladies have come up with. My first round of alterations are in April, and I''m still very undecided on what I want to do with that. On a similar note, how much have you all paid for simple alterations (hem and bustle)?

elibk

Rough_Rock
@emarie:

If you haven''t purchased the dress already, you should think about heading over to the Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul and trying on their Pronovias White One 411 dress. I think the style in their records is 001-44295. I bought this dress and it''s a very, very similar style to the Fanal (which is why I''ve been reading this thread), and I purchased it for $800. If you do check it out and decide to get it, just make sure they measure your bust, waist, and hips, and you see the size chart and decide what you want. That sounds obvious, but they didn''t measure my hips and the dress came in too small and the alterations dept. was not nice about it. We sorted it out and now I''m getting alterations elsewhere, but I LOVE the dress and also loved that it was cheaper than the La Sposas I also tried on at Brides of France.

emarie

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 10:45:54 AM
Author: elibk
@emarie:

If you haven''t purchased the dress already, you should think about heading over to the Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul and trying on their Pronovias White One 411 dress. I think the style in their records is 001-44295. I bought this dress and it''s a very, very similar style to the Fanal (which is why I''ve been reading this thread), and I purchased it for $800. If you do check it out and decide to get it, just make sure they measure your bust, waist, and hips, and you see the size chart and decide what you want. That sounds obvious, but they didn''t measure my hips and the dress came in too small and the alterations dept. was not nice about it. We sorted it out and now I''m getting alterations elsewhere, but I LOVE the dress and also loved that it was cheaper than the La Sposas I also tried on at Brides of France.
Thanks for the feedback/advice, elibk & Twinkle Toes.
I did check out the Pron. White One 411 online... but kept coming back to the Fanal for the longer train & oyster color. Don''t know why, but I''m not a fan of bright white. I was going to check out the Wedding Shoppe... but found a NWT Fanal online the day before my planned WS visit!

AND... I bought the dress!!
30.gif
It should be here tomorrow! Although I could have kept looking... and maybe been happy with the White One or found a Fanal for less than BoF''s $1200... I''m glad my search is over. I won''t have to wait 4-5 months to get the dress in!

elibk, where would you recommend for alterations? Sounds like not the Wedding Shoppe... I thought about asking BofF for a rec, but since I didn''t buy the dress from them... would they even give me a good rec?

wagswifetobe

Rough_Rock
emarie: Small world! I grew up in Houston, MN (SE corner) and actually bought the fanal in Stillwater at Raffine Bridal. They were super pleasant and helpful and I got my dress for < $1000. I am a tall bride (5''10" without shoes). I did not order extra length. I''ve tried the dress on barefoot and there is plenty of extra length for heels! I will definitely have to cut off some length.

pepper555

Rough_Rock
@ wabride: Hello there! I''m going for the more traditional shoe and absolutley love your ivory sandals!! Where did you get them from?! I''ve been looking for a while but haven''t seen much but these are perfect!!! Thanks x

njbride

Rough_Rock
I am a Fanal Bride, I ordered my dress in February (Ivory) and willl be getting married in November. I am so glad I found this board, all the pics are great.

Wabride - I love the belt that you are wearing in the pic of the Oyster? Has anyone else purchased a belt for this dress? Where did you order it from?

Thanks.

Corinne44

Rough_Rock
Chibride10: I have been looking for the perfect shoes forever!! I love your shoes!! What brand? Style? I bought the same dress in oyster and my colors are the same as you!! When I found your pics I was like this girl has fantastic taste!! My bouquet is the same as yours , Crazy!! I swear I planned all this and then found your posts!! I also live in the Chicago!! How did changing into flats work? Did you trip over the dress alot? I was going to buy those stacked flip flops for later!! I like the idea of having eggplant satin flats too!! Was it impossible to go to the BR in this dress? I''ve been stressing about this!! My dress should be coming in within the next month or two!! We are getting married 10-9-10!! Can''t wait!!!
13.gif

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock

1. For those of you who already had your wedding, do you truely need to unbotton the entire thing when you use the bathroom? Someone on here mentioned that the way it is altered, that is the only option and it could take 30 minutes.

2. When i first tried ont he dress, the sales woman showed me a side bustle, which I fell in love with. When I went to the store the second time, that sales woman did not seem to understood what I meant. My questions are, what is the official name of the side bustle and is it more expensive than a normal one?

3. Did anyone find that the dress was too shiny in their prof photos?

4. Is the dress heavy and uncomfortable? It was one of the heaviest dresses that I tried on, but than again it was several sizes too big.

5. How long did it take for the manufacturer to ship the dress to the store once the order was placed?

1) No need to unbutton. Just hike it up!
28.gif

2) I think everyone on here ended up with some sort of unique bustle. It''s pretty complicated under there with the folds and the twisting. Mine was a french underbustle with 32 tie-ups. The best bet is to just keep working with it, show the seamstress pictures and call out anyone who has the bustle you are interested in to see how they pinned it up. Bustling seems to be a less exact science than you might think!

3) I had ivory, so I can''t help you there.

4) The dress is a bit heavy, but the stays in the bodice and the made-to-fit alterations will keep it up no problem. I think it is lighter than some other dresses though because there is only a bit of fluffing in the bottom. The dress is really comfortable standing, but sitting (and eating a large meal) made it a little tight for me. Of course, I did the anti-bride 5 lbs. weight gain, so that was probably a bit my fault!

5) I think mine came in in 3 months. I didn''t rush order or anything.

Hope this helps! It''s an awesome dress and I got a ton of compliments, even after the wedding.

mke_bride

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies -

I just finished up my practice last weekend and everything went well. I wanted to suggest something to everyone that is having their makeup done professionally. I opted to try the airbrush makeup at my salon and it is amazing. I wasn''t quite sure about it until I saw the picture after it was done. AMAZING. The coverage is actually lighter than you think, so if you have a lot of blemishes or imperfections this might not be for you. But for me (a few spots here and there) it worked really well. The key is to make sure the makeup they are using is water based and not oil and that you get someone who knows what they are doing. I would definitely recommend doing a practice to put your mind at ease. Don''t mind the blank stare in the photo. My eyes get REALLY squinty when I smile - so I was trying to avoid that :)

I also posted a photo of my hair which turned out really well too. It''s not perfect, since we tried several different versions, but this was my favorite.

My wedding is in 11 days and I can''t wait!

Wedding Practice 001.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results