shape
carat
color
clarity

La Casa Que Canta

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
With all the talk of honeymoons on here lately, I decided to post some pics from our honeymoon in Zihuatanejo. We decided on La Casa Que Canta, its a smaller boutique hotel with large pool suites. Its a bit pricey, but we decided to splurge on our honeymoon!

We flew direct into ZIH from LAX, we were picked up by the hotel in a car with cold towels and bottled water. When we arrived at resort we were actually brought to el ensueno, one of their private residences. We were upgraded!! The private residence as only 4 guest rooms, their own chef and butler and housekeeping staff as well as house manager. There is a restuarant and infinity pool, as well as the infinity pool in the room! Guests of the private residences can use the main hotel (restuarant, infinity pool, saltwater pool, computer room, fitness center). My husband was pleased at the private residences have tvs where the main hotel does not!

We had nightly floral arrangements on our bed with turndown, ordered breakfast on our terrace every morning. Went out to dinner one night, but usually ate right in our villa.

It was amazing! Here are some pics!

It was not all inclusive, but we were welcomed with tequila, and had a fridge of complimentary coronita''s and coca cola. They made an amazing margarita called the marieta....mmmmm

welcome tequila.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Our room was huge and beautiful, it really was too big to get a good picture of.... but here is a partial view

romance suite.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Every morning we ordered eggs, toast with housemade marmalade, fresh fruit, french press coffee, and a fresh squeezed juice selection.

This is Arturo, he was our butler....

arturo.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Dear husband cooling off his sunburn in our room pool one night after dinner~

room pool.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
This was the pool in our building. There was only one other couple there during our stay, so it felt like we had it all to ourselves!

el ensueno.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
fave pic of husband relaxing in the shade!

relaxiwcoke.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
here is a view from the main hotel! It is so beautiful!

main hotel.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
The main infinity pool in the hotel is where the beginning of when a man loves a woman was filmed....

infinity pool.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
another great shot inside the main hotel!

ga window.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
us at dinner in the main hotel. we ate dinner at the main hotel once, a hotel called amuletto once and at our own little place the other nights!

dinner.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
and me posing on our private staircase down to the beach.... hope you enjoyed the pics. I know ellaila is hoping the hurricane doesnt hit zih and so am I, I really hope to go back again....maybe our 5th anniversary?

meposing.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What beautiful pics, msflutter!!! The location you chose for the hm was absolutely stunning
30.gif
30.gif
!!!
You and your hubby make a lovely couple...
2.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
wow! that is my kind of a place. thanks so much for sharing
emstar.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, thanks for sharing!!!
36.gif
So gorgeous -- yay!!! You guys are just the absolute ~cutest~ couple by the way (that white dress is just adorable!)! And there's something about both you and your hubby that makes me think that we'd be friends in real life
1.gif

And we're actually staying at Amuleto, where you had dinner one night -- I hope you had a good experience there! I'm actually going to email the guy there today to make sure everything is OK and still standing! From what I read, Ixtapa/Zihua got a lot of rain and tropcial winds, so hopefully not too much damage!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My happy hubby and I ate dinner at one of the hotel''s restaurants a few years ago. We were staying over in Ixtopa (sp?) but decided that the next time we go we''re staying in Zihuatanejo at La Casa Que Canta. Thanks for the pics and congratulations!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
that hotel looks like something out of the pages of Vogue or NYTimes Travel :) I''ve always wanted to swim in one of those infinity pools!

Beautiful and looks like you had a great time.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks incredible! I have to add that to my list of places to go. Thanks for the photos!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
OH MY!! It looks so divine! I love the pools, and all the little touches that make it so special.

I too am going to be adding it to my "list". And YES, you should definitely head back for your 5th anniversary (if not sooner!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
WOW. That looks AMAZING. More pics please? You look beautiful BTW in that shot of you in the white dress.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow! Im going to show this to my FI maybe we will HM there too!
9.gif
aww your poor hubbys sunburn i hope hes better! it looks like it was alot of fun and really relaxing!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Simply gorgeous!
30.gif
I actually looked at one of the outside shots thinking, "this looks like the resort Meg Ryan was in during that alcoholism movie." How cool is that?!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
WOW
30.gif
Sounds like paradise!!
5.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay,
Thanks, one more place added to my MUST VISIT list!
And how cute are you???? I love your two little sundresses!
Mind sharing where you got them?
What a wonderful trip!!!!!
Tybee

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful MsFlutter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results