Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's about time!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Bravo indeed! It's a start!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Good! Now we can hope more people follow his example!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s progress, but civil unions do not offer the same legal protections as far as I know?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally, a Pope who believes in practices the definition of the word Catholic: all embracing:clap:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the same thing at first, ie hallefrekinlujah, and it is a huge step in the right direction for all churches, but unfortunately the vatican is still full of people like Aussie Cardinal Pell, and many others who have deeply conservative views meaning it will likely still be years to decades before the doctrines of the Catholic Church actually change.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the same thing at first, ie hallefrekinlujah, and it is a huge step in the right direction for all churches, but unfortunately the vatican is still full of people like Aussie Cardinal Pell, and many others who have deeply conservative views meaning it will likely still be years to decades before the doctrines of the Catholic Church actually change.

True, of course.

I think they've finally accepted the planets and sun do not revolve around the earth.
- and have even stopped punishing scientists/astronomers who state what is true about that.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s progress, but civil unions do not offer the same legal protections as far as I know?

They do in my country and have for years
a civil union has all the same rights as marrage and for that matter
after 3 years living together in the eyes of the law its the same as marrage
so defacto couple like Gary and I are no different to a marred couple in the eyes of the law

....now in his sister's eyes that's another matter

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Finally! An important step and better late than never! It‘s a start!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
True, of course.

I think they've finally accepted the planets and sun do not revolve around the earth.
- and have even stopped punishing scientists/astronomers who state what is true about that.

Catholic here :wavey: actually the Church accepted this in 1800s

Last edited:

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock

Yes.... he should still be in jail!
I love Tim Minchin & his song.
I hope this link works.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results