shape
carat
color
clarity

Know of a good stone setter in San Francisco?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I have stone and a setting I want to have it set in. I went to some guy in the Castro last time I needed a stone put back into setting and he kinda messed up the ring ( te stone came loose again as did the other two stones in the ring wjich were fine before he got a hold of it) so I don''t want to go back there again. I want to find someone good.
Thanks. :)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hi - My bf and I have been working with Zwillinger & Co and have had a really excellent experience so far - they seem to do really good work. I highly recommend them, you can check out their website at:

http://www.zwillinger.com

Its a little tiny place up above Market St, but as I said we have been very impressed so far in the engagement ring selection process. I know they set/tighten stones because a woman came in and was shopping while we were there and they noticed her stone was loose and tightened both her e-ring and w-ring for her while she waited (she was thrilled with the result).

Good luck!

If you speak with Barbara (which I highly recommend, she is a trained graduate gemologist/geologist and really knows her stuff), tell her Rebecca & Jamie sent you :)

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''ve also had nothing but good service from Shreve & Co., even though I''ve brought in things I didn''t buy from them. I don''t know if they''d be willing to set a stone but it wouldn''t hurt to ask.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2005 4:58
6.gif
3 PM
Author: Hest88
I''ve also had nothing but good service from Shreve & Co., even though I''ve brought in things I didn''t buy from them. I don''t know if they''d be willing to set a stone but it wouldn''t hurt to ask.
don''t know about their jewelry but they sure have the best mechanical watch collection in S.F.
23.gif
when i''m in S.F., i always try to stop by and check out their watches.
18.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
A note re: Shreve&Co, I think it may depend on what you look like what kind of service you get in there. My bf and I went in wearing jeans and got horrible service - one woman was rude, another man ignored us for a full 15 minutes, and then acted like it was a huge inconvenience to find someone else to help us while he waited on another customer (he failed to find someone and then subsequently continued to ignore us). They were really incredibly rude. I would not go back there.

Just my experience though, and I''m sure others have had more positive ones.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t go to a salesperson at Shreve. Just go straight to the service counter. I don''t think I''ve ever gone in there wearing anything nicer than jeans.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2005 7:34:18 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
A note re: Shreve&Co, I think it may depend on what you look like what kind of service you get in there. My bf and I went in wearing jeans and got horrible service - one woman was rude, another man ignored us for a full 15 minutes, and then acted like it was a huge inconvenience to find someone else to help us while he waited on another customer (he failed to find someone and then subsequently continued to ignore us). They were really incredibly rude. I would not go back there.

Just my experience though, and I''m sure others have had more positive ones.
i think you''re right about their service,about 2 yrs ago i went in there wearing T shrit & jeans and all the salesperson just ignored me
29.gif
until the manager spoted that i had a nice watch on my wrist he then politely ask me to take off my watch so he can show it to his sale staff.he told his sale staff this is the new line (Lange & Sohne) we will be carrying in a few months from now. after that, the salesmen was happy to show me 20k-30k watches. As i was leaving the manager gave me a special invitation to celebrate carrying Lange watches, it was one of those black suit and tie event that i would not feel comfortable of going to.....so i say no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results