shape
carat
color
clarity

Knot on my earlobe....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Wednesday, this past week, I wore a really cheap-o pair of earrings. When I took them out that evening my ears were soooo sore and when I woke up Thursday morning there was a knot on my left earlobe. Today, Saturday, its still really sore and not to sound gross, but its started draining. It isn't even draining from the earring hole but its draining next to the hole on the back side of my earlobe. I'm sure that the earring post has nickle in it..but aside from that, is there anything that I can put on it? I know its infected...yuck! yuck! yuck! I guess it would't be as sore if I'd leave it alone..but I can't help it. I keep checking to see how big or small the knot is. Its about half the size of a pea and driving me nuts! This isn't the first time that I've had knots on my earlobe but this IS the first time that its been this sore and draining. Usually they just go away.
39.gif
39.gif

Oooooohh, I just don't know what to do!!!!

*ETA- Its stopped draining for now. Owww, it hurts! **being a whiny little brat right now** *.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
my ears are super sensitive and i''m not sure i have the exact same thing happen but usually i just take some cotton and dab like a facial toner or alcohol product onto my ear to help dry it out. seems to work for me the rare times i brave the sores to wear earrings. just keep an eye on it, i have also had infections and needed antibiotics to help clear it up. Feel better soon!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, thank you, Blue. I did put some peroxide on it and will keep doing so until it starts to clear up. My FMIL looked at it and she says that it almost looks like a little scratch on the back of my earlobe. It really sucks! I may go to the doc and let her look at it if it doesn''t start to improve. I can actually feel it throbbing ever so slightly right now. Arghghghghghgh
emotion-39.gif

Ok, off to do some shopping to make me feel better
face23.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Use some neosporin, that should help!!! And no more cheapie earrings!!!
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
keep the area clean and resist the temptation to touch it with your fingers!
38.gif
as kaleigh mentioned, neosporin would be good. it should start clearing up very quickly.
2.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Thank you! I''m going to put some on it right now. Its a really REALLY good excuse to go with the good stuff, huh?? lol.
9.gif
But the blame lies on myself. H2b is always wanting to buy me really nice earrings but I won''t let him. I lose them so fast and I don''t want him going out and spending a lot of money on them just for me to lose them a month later. Yes, I am that bad!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results