shape
carat
color
clarity

Knee-length party-dress style wedding dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lily3302

Rough_Rock
Greetings,

I am completely new here and am not even engaged yet (am about to be!) but I wish to start looking at wedding dresses just for fun (of course!) and to start doing my research. I have decided that I would like a knee length full swingy skirt (almost like an old fashioned party dress) that goes in at the waste. I also tend to like ballerina style dresses. I am open to different style necklines and would like an open back, but I have a very slight figure (size 0 and very small boned) and absolutely no chest (32AA! egads!) so certain tops like strapless with boning do not look right. All I have seen on wedding dress sites are long dresses or if they are shortm they are sheath-like. I want something flirty, feminine yet classic and elegant. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to start? I greatly appreciate any recommendations and apologize if I am completely and pitifully cluless!

Sincerely,
Lily

Hi, Lily:

theknot.com is a wonderful website, and you can search wedding gowns by style/price and so on.

Good luck with your search! Mary

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I agree about theknot.com. Also Weddingchannel.com.. they both have great dress search engines. One I have also started to like lately is modernbride.com (by the magazine modern bride).
Here is one dress that sort of fits your description

mswes04camel.jpg

This one is a Melissa Sweet. I really like her dresses.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
mlhus04ml15l.jpg

This one is a Monique L''huillier.. also makes awesome gorgeous dresses.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
knaangs051947l.jpg

ANd this one is just SOOO cute.. it might be a bit past knee length.. It says it can have optional spaghetti straps. Alfred Angelo (which means its not really expensive too).

Another option is to get a bridesmaid dress in white. Also check out the J. Crew website they have lots of cute little dresses that can either be bridal or bridesmaids.

lily3302

Rough_Rock
Ooooh I really like the Monique L''huillier one, that''s the perfect style/cut that I''m looking for! Thanks Melissa and Mary for your suggestions :)

Lily

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results