clarity

Kinder Egg or Photo Album Surprise? *Please Vote*

Which Idea do yuo like better?

• Kinder Egg Surprise?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
**Please disregard other Thread...I did not set up the poll
24.gif

Ok, I think I have narrowed it down to two ideas I really cannot decide on. Please let me know which you think would be the best idea (ie. what you would prefer more). I know my girl would equally love both.

I am thinking of setting the scenario at my house, as I know she would prefer something more private and romantic, than public. Here is how I plan on starting things...

Purchase a few dozen roses of her favorite colour, rose pedals and candles and set the scenario of a nice romantic dinner. When she arrives at my front door I plan on leaving a trail of rose pedals, leading to the room i have arranged everything. I will have dinner ready, made up of her favorite foods. And of course some nice dinner music to enhance the mood.

Idea#1:
After dinner >>> I am thinking of setting up an easter egg hunt (I will be proposing near easter). I will hide a bunch of small kinder eggs with notes attach to each (or those plastic eggs with notes inside) giving specific clues about our relationship to find where the next egg would be. Finally, I will have her find the last egg which will be a large kinder egg with one of those big prizes inside. She will open the large kinder egg all excited to see what prize is in there, only to find a ringbox with her ring inside.

Idea#2:
After dinner I will hand her a present (anniversary gift). I will have put together a photo album / scapbook with photos and mememtos of some of our most fun and cherished times together (ie. trip down south, etc). I will fill around 1/4 of the album with these and plan on gluing the rest of the album together and cutting a notch in the center of the pages for placement of the engagement ring. The page before it will introduce "the next chapter in our lives"...

What do you think?

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
This is the type of Kinder egg I am planning to use if I go in this direction...

kinder.jpg

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I think the photo album is more unique and would pack a more emotional punch.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I like the photo album better because she''ll be able to easily keep it. And years, from now, she''ll be able to look back and relive it all over again.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, it depends on your gal and her personality of course, but I adore the photo album idea...it''s very touching and while I''m not emotional, this would totally make me cry! Also as ID noted, it would be something she could keep and look over again later.

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your votes and opinions so far. I am still pretty torn. Is it dumb to do the egg hunt a weekend before easter? I really like the photo album idea, but do you think it's kinda on the non-masculin side?
23.gif

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2005 5:48:58 PM
Author: Mr.Romantic
I really like the photo album idea, but do you think it''s kinda on the non-masculin side?
23.gif
hahaha... i promise i won''t make fun of you if you don''t make fun of me for wanting to keep the ring for myself.
9.gif

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
photo album

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ever made this kind of photo album...I am just wondering what would be the best way to present the ring. I am finding that most albums are not thick enough fo me to present the ring stading upward. If she opens the album to find her ring laying flat, would that take away from the inital impression?

mustang9

Rough_Rock
Why not do both?

Send her on the egg hunt, and the last clue can lead to the album. This way you can have the fun of the egg hunt, and the sentimental aspect of the album.

Either way, it sounds great!

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
I completely agree with mustang here! As a lover of kinder-eggs AND romantic gifts I''d want the best of both worlds.

Putting the two together sounds like an amazing proposal!

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock

Thanks very much for the feedback. I would love to combine both however that would take away from the surprise in her discovering her ring inside the kinder egg. I was thinking of hiding the ring in a sentimental trinket from Hallmark and placing that inside the Kinder Egg. I really like the photo album idea, it''s going to be difficult to find one thick enough. As I stated previously, I would want the ring to be facing up when she first sees it. With the album i think my only alternative (for the albums I like) is to having it layng flat which is not what I want to do.

Any ideas???

mustang9

Rough_Rock
They do sell shadow box pages for scapbook albums. Maybe get one of those, and you can glue the bottom half of a ring box in there, and some more pictures, and maybe the words to ''your song'' if you have one, or a peom, or WILL YOU MARRY ME? etc.

Go to the local craft store, most of them sell scrapbooking magazines, and you can find this ''shadow page''in there.

Layne

Shiny_Rock
I think the Kinder Egg is better, it is much more unique to your relationship. The photo album is good but has been done.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
hi,

I''ve done a little bit of scrapbooking, but I''ve never seen a shadowbox page before. I have seen where thin shadowboxes have been added to pages, but I don''t think it is the effect you are looking for. There are people much more knowledgeable than I am about this that could give you better ideas. Have you tried posting your question on any scrapbook forums? I am sure you could get a wealth of ideas from those posters.

IMHO, you might want to consider buying a thick artist''s sketchpad instead of a scrapbook. You can still make a scrapbook out of it and it should save some money and provide room to present the ring. You can decorate the cover. One easy way to do that is by glueing a pretty fabric on the outside. Hot glue works best, or you could use tacky glue. And if you wanted to add a little style, you could have batting between the fabric and the book to give it a "cushy" effect.

Decorate and add pictures and stuff to make the scrapbook in the beginning of the sketchpad. Leave enough pages so that you can cut the center section out of the remaining pages and still be able to sit the ring inside. If you do a GOOGLE search about putting hidden compartments into books, you may be able to find sites with good step by step instructions.

Again, I would suggest first checking out some scrapbooking forums to see if they could give you some great ideas.

One more thing: The Michael''s near me is constantly having scrapbooking classes and scrapbooking "make and take" idea days. If it is convenient for you, you could stop in and see if any of their scrapbooking experts could give you some ideas.

Best of luck!!!

mustang9

Rough_Rock
I like the idea of the sketch book, that might work well.

I saw the shadowbox page in Memory Makers magazine. I am searching the web for picture of one. If I cannot find it during the day, I will check the magazine tonight for a web address....

Also, they sell small, 6x6 scrapbooks, which would allow you to do, 1 pic per page, instead of the huge 12x12 pages. It would be a lot smaller and easier for you to carry around with you, in case you plan to propose someplace other then at home.

not exactly what I was looking for.... but interesting,

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=sb0051&channelid=

Erin

Ideal_Rock
What if the last filled page in the book was a picture of the ring at which point would prompt you to propose?

mustang9

Rough_Rock
I finally remembered my magazine.

Here is the ''shadowbox page''.

http://www.showitallpage.com/

The pages are 3/4" think, I am not sure it that is enough, but it might be interesting to check out.

Goodluck!
face1.gif

playaz

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/9/2005 8
6.gif
6.gif
2 PM
Author: Erin
What if the last filled page in the book was a picture of the ring at which point would prompt you to propose?
yes I agree with this idea. The photobook wont look so big, that way she wouldn''t suspect anything. Have a close up picture of the ring and put "will you marry me?" at the bottom of the pic. When''s she''s on this page you will be on your knees with the real ring in your hand.
For the photobook you might want to try mypublisher.com..i made valentine photobook and it came out great. make sure you have high resolution pictures.
good luck...i''ll be proposing pretty soon too..still looking for ideas
33.gif

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the great info everyone, i really like the photo of the ring idea as well!

I have been giving it more thought thogh and I think I may go in the direction of the Kinder egg, as I feel she would be more excited given the prize. The photo album is fantastic, however it may be a bit played out on ym end. My girl gae me an album a few years back with photos from the beginning of our relationship for afew years with memories. This past Christmas I gave my mother and sister albums with photos of my neice (their daughter / grand-daughter). So I am not sure if I do the album again it may look like I have run out of ideas basically.

Especially considering my girl used a lot of photos, I do not even have, for the first album.
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results