shape
carat
color
clarity

Kind of bummed, my daughter is not a jewelry perosn like me

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All my jewelry I have saved in the hopes of passing on to her but she's just not into it. I guess it's time to clean house (jewelry boxes) :(

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Kind of bummed, my daughter is not a jewelry perosn like

You mean sell on pre-loved so you can buy something else that YOU love!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sell it off and give her the money to invest? Down payment on her first home? Education? There must be a way to at least turn the jewelry into something for her that she can use as a milestone or stepping stone in life, even if it's not quite how you imagined.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Exactly, now I have to take pictures of everything and get it all posted.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Don't give up hope just yet Autumn Gems. If I'm remembering correctly your daughter is in her late teens. One of my nieces did not get into jewelry until she turned 25. She just got married and was a little disappointed her solitaire engagment ring was just over 3 carats. She really wanted a 3.5 carat diamond. I'd say she changed quite a bit the past five years!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Awww...I'm sorry autumngems. Maybe it's something she could learn to appreciate over time? If not, I like the idea of maybe selling off some of it so that she could use it for things that she truly needs and/or enjoys.

Q

Queenie60

Hi autumgems - how old is your daughter? My daughter is 18 and will be 19 soon. She is beginning to appreciate simple pieces of jewelry. She has a 1/2 carat princess cut pendant that I bought her last year when she was turning 18; she likes simple rose gold pendants as well. She is slowly getting into the jewelry. I would give it a few years if she's still young. I'm positive that when my daughter reaches the age of about 23 to 25 she will surely appreciate it much more and my MIL and I can begin to give her a few more substantial pieces to enjoy.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Kind of bummed, my daughter is not a jewelry person like

My daughter is 18. She would rather wear a piece of costume jewelry than my nice things. Perhaps she will change in a few years.

However, there are pieces she absolutely told me she does not like, so those I will list and sell. I'll just put those funds aside for her.

I just had hope she would get into the love of it and the designing like I like to do. Ahhhhhhhhh to think of all my loose gems now!!

I hope you all are right and she grows into it, it didn't hit me until about 23 when I saw a loose emerald and purchased it, it was on from then.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

^don't give up on her just yet. Maybe her appreciation will come later in life, so there's still hope! :)

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, give her time!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Autumn Gems, She has you for a mom. Your daughter will get there.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

At 18 my daughter didn't care at all about my jewelry. Now at 28 she is looking forward to inheriting some pretty nice pieces!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Autumn Gems, I feel your pain. I have two daughters and neither one has any interest in jewelry. I used to think this would change, but it hasn't. My oldest daughter is married and has a beautiful sapphire engagement ring. She doesn't have any interest in diamonds, not even my gorgeous ACA diamond. She's turning 31 soon, so I don't think she's going to change. I'm another one that's going to have probably list my collection on Loupetroop at some point or pass things on to other relatives who appreciate diamonds.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I also have 2 daughters, and one is definitely NOT into jewelry. The other one buys her own, and has even bought herself a small OEC diamond ring (.42ct) because she really "gets it". My daughters are 26 and almost 29. They're not going to change. I will leave each of them a diamond, and they can do whatever they want with it when/before I'm gone.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Give her time! Even in my late 20s, I was loving my Banana Republic jewelry! Then, I turned 30, and Became a diamond and precision cut colored gem hoarder. :errrr: :wall: 8) :loopy: :lol:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

I developed an appreciation for jewelry around age 50! Before then i thought every ring with a store looked like an old lady's cocktail ring. And bracelets were jingly dangly annoyances. I guess my tastes needed to mature because now I like it all.

My daughter is not a jewelry person either but I still have hope that someday she'll want something of mine just because it was mine.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I loved jewelry from the time I was teeny tiny-but didn't know any different/better about "good" stuff until finding PS. Give her some time-she may discover when she gets a little older that good/quality pieces are better, and her tastes may change. I'd never seen a bezel or semi bezel until coming here and that totally blew my mind out of the water as far as what I like. You never know!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I didn't start having a serious interest in jewelry until I was in my early 30s. Give her time! :wavey:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock

It depends. My really girlie daughter has no interest in jewelry whatsoever. However, my little tomboy, who otherwise has no time for baby dolls, pink, purple, Disney princesses or ribbons, loves ogling jewelry on PS with me. She even had me buy her a set of beads that she calls her "diamonds."

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kmarla|1466800430|4047738 said:
Autumn Gems, I feel your pain. I have two daughters and neither one has any interest in jewelry. I used to think this would change, but it hasn't. My oldest daughter is married and has a beautiful sapphire engagement ring. She doesn't have any interest in diamonds, not even my gorgeous ACA diamond. She's turning 31 soon, so I don't think she's going to change. I'm another one that's going to have probably list my collection on Loupetroop at some point or pass things on to other relatives who appreciate diamonds.

kmarla, I wasn't the least bit interested until I turned 40. Give her time. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

autumngems, don't give up. It's way too early. I think it's quite normal not to be interested in jewelry at that age. She's busy, has stuff to do, places to go, people to see. When her own kids are little and driving her crazy, and she barely has any time or energy for herself, she might find that a pretty ring on her finger to stare at is just the thing. ;-) You have plenty of years to enjoy it all yourself. I certainly won't be selling pieces I wear for a long time. I am planning to give a lot of them to my grandkids.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have sons so heaven knows what will happen to my little collection! I'm just buying what I like and enjoying it without considering what anyone else might also like- maybe there will be a lucky granddaughter at some point in the future........

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Give her time. I didn't start appreciating (really appreciating) jewelry till my dh came along in my early 30s so we can thank him for my love of bling. Thank you sweetheart. :lol: :cheeky:

So don't give up on her just yet and even if she never comes to love bling perhaps your grandchildren will...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results