shape
carat
color
clarity

Kim K robbed in her Paris hotel room

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About 7 to 10 million dollars worth of jewelry was stolen.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You have to wonder… Was it insured?
Which will lead to many other questions

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This will be the only time in my life that I pay attention to this woman.

I would hope it was insured--but a lot of people will have insurance fraud on their minds.

My question is what the thieves hope to get out of it.

Number one is a ransom. Insurance companies often go for this, then go after criminal charges if they can catch them. Again though, that brings of the question of insurance fraud.

Number two is intact value. She's know for pricey designer stuff, so almost all of the value of the pieces will be in the design. But it's all but impossible to sell high profile pieces unless they have a buyer set up. But jewelry's not like a Van Gogh where you can hang it in the living room and brag to your rich and dishonest friends. Imagine a necklace you can only wear around people you trust.

Number three is metal value. It's easy enough to smelt down the gold and sell it but they're not going to get $10,000,000 for that. It's hardly worth the enormous risk of being a celebrity target.

Number four is the stones. As we all know, stones frequently go for 10% to 70% of their retail value. And stolen goods trade at a deep discount of course. But this isn't like all those slightly used big screen TVs on E-Bay. These will be identifiable, significant stones. The sorts of jewelers who trade in her level of stuff will not want to touch it. Again, we're back to the possibility of a set up buyer, but a jeweler would need to have a buyer for the stolen stones lined up.

And number five is of course out and out insurance fraud.

My guess is ransom or fraud.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kanye needs another cash infusion. Or the show needs a new plotline. It must be hard for bores to come up with new topics for their TV show. :bigsmile:

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
ChristineRose said:
I would hope it was insured--but a lot of people will have insurance fraud on their minds.

I wonder if they insured for actual replacement value or used an over-inflated appraisal.:twirl:

ChristineRose said:
My guess is ransom or fraud.

Well, we are talking about Kanye and Kim K here...so there is always the third option of "publicity".

But seriously, I don't pay attention to these people beyond knowing they like to flaunt their material wealth and possessions. So I am not shocked (assuming it was a legitimate theft) that someone finally risked it. Even if they can't necessarily resell the items, they may have done it "just because they could".

Q

Queenie60

I'm wondering if it is some sort of publicity stunt? They will do most anything for attention whether it be negative or positive.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do believe its real. Maybe without the dramatics thrown in to the new story but the gist of it is real; she was robbed at gunpoint. There's is NOTHING nice about having a gun stuck in your face like that

And I'm very embarrassed to say (but will admit, gotta put on the big girl panties) that my first thought was that its fake because the Koven will do anything for attention. I hope her children were NOT with her to see that happen. May not like what she stands for but she didn't deserve that.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Reports are all over the place, but I've now heard that a security guard was held at gunpoint. If it was a fraud or publicity hoax, then either he was in on it, or someone is incredibly stupid.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was a terrible thing. I don't believe it was done for fraud or publicity. There are markets for high end goods that don't really abide by the laws of other countries. I'm sure the values reported are probably retail++ though. They always seem to get those things wrong. I'm curious if they took her engagement ring. I feel sorry for her like I would for anyone else. It's not right to victim blame in any case. I've read some nasty comments on the news articles. People like to hate on wealthy people, but I imagine she was terrified she'd never see her 2 children again. Thankfully she's okay. I don't like the Kardashians, nor do I watch their shows, and I'm definitely not a fan.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1475512795|4083208 said:
I do believe its real. Maybe without the dramatics thrown in to the new story but the gist of it is real; she was robbed at gunpoint. There's is NOTHING nice about having a gun stuck in your face like that

And I'm very embarrassed to say (but will admit, gotta put on the big girl panties) that my first thought was that its fake because the Koven will do anything for attention. I hope her children were NOT with her to see that happen. May not like what she stands for but she didn't deserve that.

Everything I've read states that she was alone. Even though she always has an entourage. Even though ....when would she ever be alone or unguarded???

Something stinks. But people will buy into it, just like they bought into her sex tape which was "leaked" by her own mother. How quickly we forget.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She wasn't totally unguarded. The report I read say the men captured the mansion concierge and forced him to let them in. It wasn't a hotel room, it was a rented apartment in a mansion.

I would almost be surprised if her jewelry was insured. But I also believe it would have been grossly overvalued.

The value would be in the huge diamonds, and those can be recut and be unidentifiable.

I never envy people with these kinds of jewels, because they are always in greater danger because of it.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim K and her $10,000,000 in jewelry sat in a Paris apartment with one security person outside?

K.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1475516645|4083236 said:
Kim K and her $10,000,000 in jewelry sat in a Paris apartment with one security person outside?

K.

I mean, sure! I can totally see that happening.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1475516691|4083238 said:

K.

I mean, sure! I can totally see that happening.

_6132.jpeg

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
^ LOL!

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Apparently it was not a hotel, it was a nine unit luxury apartment building that offers short term rentals and is surrounded by a wall and gate.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1475514551|4083223 said:
Arcadian|1475512795|4083208 said:

Everything I've read states that she was alone. Even though she always has an entourage. Even though ....when would she ever be alone or unguarded???

Something stinks. But people will buy into it, just like they bought into her sex tape which was "leaked" by her own mother. How quickly we forget.

If the reports are right, glad her kids weren't with her. Like I said, I don't believe some of the overly dramatic news crap out there. Because its likely grossly overstated. But I do believe the basic pieces of it. And yes, you'd be surprised what some of the ultra rich think. They think if they have the one guard that's all they'll need (or 2) But these guys can get taken by surprise like anybody.

The other stuff, her sex tape, being pee-pee princess...thats not the same as having some goon stick a gun in your face. Like I said, yes, them chicks do a lot of stuff for attention, its harmless. This not so much. Being rich doesn't keep shit from happening to you, don't stop you from getting killed either. I'm not going to go down the fraud line unless something comes up that is concrete to that effect.

But I do I think its an inside job. Somebody knew what she had and where. I'm sure it will come out in time.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its scary and am glad she's ok. Hoping they beef up security and travel with fakes...

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

K.

And here, we can agree on something! :clap:

But at least no one was physically harmed.

I'll keep my 'K-family' thoughts to myself; none of them are nice, and they're even worse when it comes to Kim's hubs. :angel:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JoCoJenn we agree about kanye ......and The Koven in general. :geek:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kanye had given Kim a second engagment ring recently that was a 15 carat Emerald cut. She had been seen wearing the ring in Paris. My guess is this is ring that was stolen. Estimated value of the ring is $4 million.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I will regret asking, but how many husbands has Kim had? I tuned in when she married Kanye West. (I also know about North West.) Also, what is the meaning of "Koven"? I love Golconda diamonds. Does she have one of them?

Deb/AGBF

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
AdaBeta27|1475506908|4083168 said:
Kanye needs another cash infusion. Or the show needs a new plotline. It must be hard for bores to come up with new topics for their TV show. :bigsmile:
:lol:

Seriously though, if it was indeed a for real heist, I'm glad she's ok.

p.s. I can also relate to, "this will be the only time I pay attention to this woman".

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1475540984|4083364 said:
I know I will regret asking, but how many husbands has Kim had? I tuned in when she married Kanye West. (I also know about North West.) Also, what is the meaning of "Koven"? I love Golconda diamonds. Does she have one of them?

Deb/AGBF

She has been married 3 times. Koven is (I think) a play on witches' coven.

I know this through osmosis. She doesn't actually bother me that much. I mean she seems fairly shallow and self absorbed but she isn't out there hurting anyone. If she wants her sex tape floating around oh well. There are worse things a person could do.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Koven for Witches coven.

Yes everything with a c turns into a k where that bunch is koncerned :lol: Glad you didn't ask about her being the peepee queen but there's always google. ;-)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1475543625|4083383 said:
AGBF|1475540984|4083364 said:

Deb/AGBF

She has been married 3 times. Koven is (I think) a play on witches' coven.

I know this through osmosis. She doesn't actually bother me that much. I mean she seems fairly shallow and self absorbed but she isn't out there hurting anyone. If she wants her sex tape floating around oh well. There are worse things a person could do.

I have no problem with celebs (or whomever) having sex tapes available to the public. What I DO have a problem with is that her mother is the person who made her tape available to the public. For money. Essentially, her own mother played the role of pimp and exploited her own daughter and THAT is not cool.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I agree it's completely creepy and weird. She seems to revel in being Kim Kardashian, 10000%

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1475544142|4083387 said:
Koven for Witches coven.

Yes everything with a c turns into a k where that bunch is koncerned :lol: Glad you didn't ask about her being the peepee queen but there's always google. ;-)

That's because it was posted that she was the peepee princess. Silly Arcadian. ;))

Deb
:saint:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results