shape
carat
color
clarity

Kidd Kraddick In the Morning

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I know that a few of you listen, and I''m looking for your opinion. I have been listening to their show since I was in 5th grade. That is over 15 years.

Those of you that knew him "back then" (ie, before syndication), or if you didn''t... have you noticed this "Better than Thou" attitude he has had now for a few years?

He used to be such a humble guy, but now, anytime they do a story, somehow it leads to something like this...

"Well, when I talked with Ashton, and we talk a few times a month..."
"I was at a party last night, you know, with a bunch of my very wealthy friends..."

Or gosh, even this morning they were talking about the Brittany Murphy death, he immediately responds...
"Well, from what I know about Brittany, and I know her pretty well, and from talking with people that are close to her in the last 24 hours..."

It''s like he has to trump anyone else''s opinion on the show, by proving that HE knows the star or the situation better.

Sorry. I was just wondering if it is only me?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s something I''ve noticed too! I, like you, was one of his first listeners! We used to listen to him on the way to school in elementary school. I don''t think that is crazy obvious, but he has changed a bit in the last few years.

I still enjoy listening to the show now and then, but he definitely has a bigger head than he used to.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Do you get the show in Norman? I listen via the website at my desk in the morning, because Houston doesn''t have the show.

He really irritated me when they were talking about Tiger Woods last week. He kept insinsuating that he "KNEW" that Tiger was staying in the Dallas area while Elin was moving out of their house, and when Kellie asked him why he thought that he would be in Dallas out of ALL the places he could go, Kidd got super defensive like she was attacking his best friend.

He does this with every single celebrity he has ever met.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
I just had this conversation with a friend the other day!! She was from Houston so never heard him until she moved to Dallas.. so it''s weird to me that she thinks he''s SO GREAT.. I thought he was so great back in the day (5th grade too!) when he was more down to earth.. His attitude is just really annoying.. I don''t know where all his show airs but it''s annoying to me.. I liked it when he would talk about local events..now it''s all about Hollywood parties he goes to and who he knows.. Boo!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t listen to him anymore. He''s become a total wanker in the past few years, and even Seacrest is more tolerable than Kidd Kraddick is.

Have you guys read any of the local DFW radio forums? Apparently many of his contemporaries don''t care for his attitude since his syndication, either. It''s a shame - it used to be somewhat entertaining 10 years ago.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if we get it in Norman, I just listen on my computer while getting ready in the mornings!

There was a lot of bad talk about him a year or so ago when he announced his divorce. He used to seem like much more of a family man than he has in recent years

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

My mom and I used to listen every single morning driving me to school, and have been thru all of the changes. He is just a completely different person. It actually makes me really feel for his ex, Carol. He used to call her when she was driving Caroline to school, it was such a fmaily oriented show.

The thing that got me thinking, is that I was listening to their "Breaking and Entering" Christmas this morning, and it just wasn't the same. Instead of making it special for the family, it seemed like they were just trying to give them the biggest and most extravagant Christmas. The family didn't even cry I don't think!
Even with the Xmas Wishes this year, they used to bring me to tears, and this year... only one did. They have gone with a bigger is better approach, rather than actually putting in the effort for each person they give them too.

My mom got really irritated with him a few months ago, when he missed the show to go to the hospital for his friends son who died in the car accident.
I'm sure that MOST people have sat in an emergency room waiting area, just hoping that you will get good news. We can all relate to what Kidd went thru, but what was horrible was that when Kidd came back the next Monday and did a re-cap of what happened and what HE and that family had to go thru, it was like HE was the first person to have to sit with a friend waiting to hear if thier child died.

It is that stuff that I just don't like about him now. Whatever happens to him, is 10x more emotional or painful than anyone else could ever imagine. You all are right, he just isn't the down to earth family show he used to be.

LTP, I haven't heard about the other stations, but it doesn't suprise me. The funny thing is, he more than likely thinks that they are all jealous.
20.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
I remember hearing all about Caroline growing up over the years.. He definitely was more family-oriented back then.. The holiday stuff drives me crazy.. I don''t know if that''s the radio or the people they are calling though.. It seems like a lot of the people expect great things because they have sad stories rather than being happy about getting any sort of help this time of year.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I listen! I used to listen a few years ago, but since I stopped driving to work I didn''t listen for awhile, and then started again recently.

I still enjoy the show, mostly for the other people on there. However, I have definitely noticed a change in his attitude. He told this super long, stupid story the other day and I just felt like...what makes him think anyone cares about this??

Didn''t he get divorced fairly recently? Is his DD at boarding school or something? Sorry I am out of the loop!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 11:35:40 AM
Author: Miscka
I listen! I used to listen a few years ago, but since I stopped driving to work I didn''t listen for awhile, and then started again recently.

I still enjoy the show, mostly for the other people on there. However, I have definitely noticed a change in his attitude. He told this super long, stupid story the other day and I just felt like...what makes him think anyone cares about this??

Didn''t he get divorced fairly recently? Is his DD at boarding school or something? Sorry I am out of the loop!

I think he got divorced around a year ago. I also *think* Caroline is a freshman in college... Which makes me feel old because I remember when she was a little, little girl!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
He got divorced over a year ago, but they have been separated for upwards of or over 2 years now.

His DD is at a Fine Arts College in NY.

I was talking with my mom this morning and she mentioned that a few weeks ago, they did a segment on all the therapists that they have seen, and Kidd mentioned that every single therapist he has ever seen told him that his competitive nature will ruin relationship after relationship... which I totally see now, but I just don't really remember that about him from before?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I listen, have done for years...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 11:41:14 AM
Author: OUpeargirl

Date: 12/22/2009 11:35:40 AM
Author: Miscka

I think he got divorced around a year ago. I also *think* Caroline is a freshman in college... Which makes me feel old because I remember when she was a little, little girl!
I am pretty sure she is at least a Sophomore now... she might even be into her Junior year.

Her last summer before leaving for school was when he was trying to promote that stupid artist every single day and in LA for like 3 months, Freddy was his name. It was either 2006 or 2007, pretty sure it was 2007. I remember because I couldn''t figure out why he would be traveling so much instead of being with his daughter before she left for college... then we found out that he and Carol had been separated, so it made a bit more sense that he threw himself into that "project".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results