shape
carat
color
clarity

keyboard in the dishwasher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
What do you wash in your dishwasher?

I sometimes throw our toothbrushes in. Sometimes I throw my pot scrubber in there, too. I was googling how many people do this and found that people put all kinds of things in there.

Baseball caps? (Apparantly they hold their shape better.)

Computer keyboards? (not for wireless keyboards) (avoid dry cycle)

Children''s toys?

What else?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
CROCS!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 9:01:48 PM
Author: neatfreak
CROCS!
Cool! That''s a great idea.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Little trash bins
plastic containers that hold pencils, etc
dish scrubbers
baseball cap

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I must be lame as I just put dishes and silverware in my dishwasher, along with the dish scrubber. . .I use to stick the kids'' bath toys in there, but now they only play with a few toys and I never bother to stick them in there. I DO put the saucers to my plant bases in there (I have a huge assortment of house plants) and that cleans them up. . .but other than that, it''s just the basics.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the ideas..I''m in an early spring cleaning mode...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been here for two years and have never used the dishwasher. I don''t even know how to use it let alone if it works.

I use it as a dish rack. I wash everything then put the dishes in there to drip dry.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I put glass shelves/trays and the caddies/soap/toothbrush holders from our bathroom counters in it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 11:51:29 AM
Author: fieryred33143
I''ve been here for two years and have never used the dishwasher. I don''t even know how to use it let alone if it works.

I use it as a dish rack. I wash everything then put the dishes in there to drip dry.

Okay you are insane just like my fiance, fiery! He lived in an apartment with a dishwasher and continued to handwash all his dishes. I was like "WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!!!" It was so bizarre to me! I''ll have to let him know he''s not alone!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glass globes from ceiling fans and light fixtures.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Keyboard? Really? Wouldn''t that ruin it??
Good question..I will have to ask the housekeeper what she puts in OUR dishwasher!
28.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 3:24:15 PM
Author: beau13
Keyboard? Really? Wouldn''t that ruin it??
Good question..I will have to ask the housekeeper what she puts in OUR dishwasher!
28.gif
I would think the dishwasher could ruin it. Our current keyboard has an LCD panel so the dishwasher would mess it up. I just looked up the keyboard. . .it''s a Logitech G15 and apparently it''s a gaming keyboard for guys who like to play online games. Figures that my DH would have purchased that one!
20.gif

Here it is: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UHE8YM/km-20/ref=nosim

To clean the keyboard, I just wipe it down with lysal wipes every once in a while.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Neat ideas! Wow-the globes from light fixtures--I hadn''t thought of that.

I got crazy with the coffee maker--put the metal filter and all in there (no electronics).

I don''t know if I could/would put my keyboard in there though. I spritzed it with rubbing alcohol (just got over a round of colds at our house), but that''s it.

I keep all purpose scissors in a cup in a magnet on my fridge--for cutting chicken and other stuff--those go in the dishwasher regularly. Can''t think of anything else at the moment.

I have used the dishwasher racks as holders for oversized things while they dry, that I wash by hand, like big cookie sheets...

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Ok this is crazy! lol Aren''t you afraid that if you put Crocs in the dishwasher that the grime on the bottom will linger in the dishwasher and keep dishes from getting very clean in the next cycle or two?

I have a friend who uses the dishwasher as storage... never to wash anything!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 8:40:23 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Ok this is crazy! lol Aren't you afraid that if you put Crocs in the dishwasher that the grime on the bottom will linger in the dishwasher and keep dishes from getting very clean in the next cycle or two?

I have a friend who uses the dishwasher as storage... never to wash anything!
That was exactly what I was thinking about the crocs in dishwasher!

We have a dishwasher and we've NEVER used it. I heard if you don't use your dishwasher for a long period of time it gets broken and you can't use it. Not sure if that's true? I've been meaning to give my dishwasher a try! Or maybe I'll just use it as storage space.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 10:33:13 AM
Author: justjulia
Can you come do my house? I put only dishes and flatware in the dishwasher. I get rid of the potscrubbers frequently. Maybe I should put the dog dishes in there (on their own)? I have done my silicone potholder mitts once or twice in there too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still handwash as does my entire family. We use the dishwasher about 2 or 3 times a year when we host large dinners/gatherings.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 2:37:02 PM
Author: thing2of2

Okay you are insane just like my fiance, fiery! He lived in an apartment with a dishwasher and continued to handwash all his dishes. I was like ''WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!!!'' It was so bizarre to me! I''ll have to let him know he''s not alone!
LOL that''s years of hearing my mom talk about how washing machines leave all her dishes dirty and refusing to use it. FI always says "why don''t you just use the dishwasher" and I reply that because it leaves everything dirty, duh! My mom is the queen of brainwashing.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 2:04:17 AM
Author: lyra

Date: 2/1/2009 10:33:13 AM
Can you come do my house? I put only dishes and flatware in the dishwasher. I get rid of the potscrubbers frequently. Maybe I should put the dog dishes in there (on their own)? I have done my silicone potholder mitts once or twice in there too.
Oh heck yeah, throw those dog dishes in! lol
I have a nylon mesh thing I scrub bits off of cookie sheets, etc. That goes in regularly.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:23:31 AM
Author: Chrono
I still handwash as does my entire family. We use the dishwasher about 2 or 3 times a year when we host large dinners/gatherings.
My aunt does, too.

When my kids all leave for college, I might do hand washing. *Might* See, the dishwasher is a great hiding tool as my son eats 24/7 and if I did dishes by hand, my sink would be a perpetual mess.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:28:20 AM

Date: 2/1/2009 2:37:02 PM
Author: thing2of2

Okay you are insane just like my fiance, fiery! He lived in an apartment with a dishwasher and continued to handwash all his dishes. I was like ''WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!!!'' It was so bizarre to me! I''ll have to let him know he''s not alone!
LOL that''s years of hearing my mom talk about how washing machines leave all her dishes dirty and refusing to use it. FI always says ''why don''t you just use the dishwasher'' and I reply that because it leaves everything dirty, duh! My mom is the queen of brainwashing.
As my husband is always pointing out to me, we got this fancy dishwasher that eats stuff like a disposal, so everything does come out clean, so use it. Not like the ones of yesteryear.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Once every few months I pop in the dog dishes on their own.

And I always throw in my kitchen scrubbing brush with every load, how else does it keep clean?!

The racks from my oven and stove top bits and pieces.

My toothbrush caddy, but never my toothbrush. If it''s that dirty, it should be thrown out and a new one bought
14.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:26:46 PM
Author: honey22

And I always throw in my kitchen scrubbing brush with every load, how else does it keep clean?!

My toothbrush caddy, but never my toothbrush. If it''s that dirty, it should be thrown out and a new one bought
14.gif
Hey, maybe I''ll throw my ering in there...
JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!
The stove parts--good idea!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Hubbs put car parts in his old dishwasher. I bought him a parts washer after I found that out but it got me thinking... So now I put just anything that will fit including our little bathroom SS trashcans, dish sponges, (cough....ummm, adult toys) blushing.....
31.gif
23.gif

Dog dishes, aquarium parts

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:24:11 AM
Author: cnspotts
Hubbs put car parts in his old dishwasher. I bought him a parts washer after I found that out but it got me thinking... So now I put just anything that will fit including our little bathroom SS trashcans, dish sponges, (cough....ummm, adult toys) blushing.....
31.gif
23.gif

Dog dishes, aquarium parts
Too funny...love it. Hey, I need to do that with daughter''s aquarium parts!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:17:47 PM

Date: 2/2/2009 8:26:46 PM
Author: honey22

My toothbrush caddy, but never my toothbrush. If it's that dirty, it should be thrown out and a new one bought
14.gif
Hey, maybe I'll throw my ering in there...
JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!
The stove parts--good idea!
As I was quickly scanning this thread (and I guess because of Justjulia's avatar) I thought someone said that every once in a while they pop their dog in the dishwasher! lol

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Might as well throw the kids in there too while washing their dishes.
9.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I throw the veggie scrub brush (it''s a real scrub brush that is meant for the floor, but I bought it just for scrubbing foods like potatoes and carrots), and the sponge too. It kills germs without having to break out the bleach. I also do the hard plastic kiddie bath toys too when they start looking icky.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
>>
8.gif
I miss having a dishwasher. I will say though - now that I have been washing by hand again, when I eventually do get a dishwasher ...

I think I''ll continue to wash glasses by hand. They don''t get that nasty white funny look to them. I dont care how much JET you use, the glasses still end up getting it.

However, for everything else, the dishwasher seems sooo much more sanitary due to heat. And as someone pointed out...
the dishwashers now aren''t the same as the dishwashers when I was growing up and my parents used to say .. "we have three dishwasher (my sisters and I) what do we need with an electric one??"

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t put anything in there that doesn''t say "dishwasher safe" on the bottom!
9.gif
I have read before, though, that you can put your keyboard in the dishwasher.

My mother refuses to use her dishwasher and just LOVES to complain about having to wash dishes constantly.
20.gif
I never stick my hands in a sink full of dishes if I can help it--I''m a dishwasher user all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results