shape
carat
color
clarity

Key West Bed and Breakfast Recommendations Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemnick

Rough_Rock
A friend and I are going to a wedding in Fort Lauderdale, and plan to spend a couple of days in Key West before the ceremony. We''ll be there April 1st and 2nd. Would appreciate any recommendations for a bed and breakfast in Key West. Thanks.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
We went to the keys on our honeymoon! Have you been to Key West before? I have to say that it was a little overwhelming, especially since there was a cruise ship in port. We stayed in Tavernier (right by Key Largo) and it was really amazing. Our resort was called Island Bay Resort (www.islandbayresort.com) and we couldn''t have asked for anything better. Its small, maybe 10 cottages, on a private beach on the bayside. There were lots of chairs and hammocks, personal grills for cooking on the decks, and kayaks you can use. I HIGHLY recommend it. Key Largo is only about 10 minutes away and you can do all kinds of stuff there... parasailing, sunset cruises, bird rehab/sanctuary. It''s about 1.5 to 2 hours away from Fort Lauderdale. If you stay in Key West then its a 4 hour drive to Fort Lauderdale... just something to think about.
1.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Are you looking to stay in Key West or no preference?

If key west then I would recommend Curry Mansion or Banyan Resort both within walking distance of Duval.

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
I second the banyan! it is amazing!

gemnick

Rough_Rock
Thanks - thanks + thanks for the great recommendations. This will be my first time going to Key West, and I''m excited. Will definitely let you know (w pics) how it turns out.

-Case

gemnick

Rough_Rock
We made our reservations for the Curry Mansion yesterday. Fired up about the trip - and look forward to providing our experiences when we return.

gemnick

Rough_Rock
Fiery Red - your recommendation of the Curry Mansion was fantastic - thank you.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you enjoyed it! I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results