shape
carat
color
clarity

ketubah

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Where did you get your ketubah? I am thinking of making my own (I found a DIY ketubah site) mostly because I don't like most of the designs that I see online (and they are $$$)

Pictures welcome!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I found a DIY Ketubah website...but I have no idea what we would do :) FI was raised Jewish but is non-practicing and I was raised Catholic and am non-practicing. I think it would be cool to make our own...obviously we would want it to be really nice though and not just print something on standard copy paper! We would like to have a modern, all-English non-denominational ketubah.

http://www.newketubah.com/pdf/DIYketubah.pdf

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
slg, we signed a non-denominational marriage contract during our ceremony because neither FI nor I are Jewish, but I love the idea of the ketubah and the meaning behind it.

Ours was inspired by Modern Ketubah and GeeZees, an etsy vendor.

We used one of our engagement pictures and a friend added the text via photoshop, and it's proudly hanging in our living room and it is everything I had hoped for! Hope this helps!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1314981299|3008357 said:
Hi, slg!

We commissioned our ketubah from Izzy Pludwinski:
http://www.impwriter.com/ketubot.html

My sister commissioned her ketubah from Jerise on etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jerise?ref=seller_info

I love them both! The idea of making your own is pretty intriguing, though. What were you thinking of doing?

I love both of the Haven. We're not Jewish, but just looking at those from Jerise makes me wish we'd done a wedding certificate. Our Marriage license isn't the most attractive thing. And it's in the bank.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not too late, Gypsy! We bought a beautiful new ketubah for my parent's 25th wedding anniversary and they had a little ceremony and signed it and everything.

I love my sister's ketubah, it's really stunning. Jerise on etsy does amazing work.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1315010246|3008711 said:
slg, we signed a non-denominational marriage contract during our ceremony because neither FI nor I are Jewish, but I love the idea of the ketubah and the meaning behind it.

Ours was inspired by Modern Ketubah and GeeZees, an etsy vendor.

We used one of our engagement pictures and a friend added the text via photoshop, and it's proudly hanging in our living room and it is everything I had hoped for! Hope this helps!

vc that's really cool! I also love the meaning behind it :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We both LOVE THIS-ONE but I haven't decided if we'll order through judaism.com or directly from the artist.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results