color
clarity

Kenny, this is what really scares me!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give me a spider any day over this.
:eek2::errrr::errrr::errrr::errrr::errrr::errrr:

WARNING: TRIGGER IF BUGS SCARE YOU. PLEASE DON‘T click.

E13E9C8B-E75F-47A7-9B21-11970DF8DAD9.jpeg

How about everyone else?

What (if anything) scares the bejeezus out of you?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Being an avid hiker in So Cal, rattle snakes sightings and mountain lion sightings are frequent and scare the bejeezus out of me. I hike in a group of around 10 people though, so a little less likely for attack by either one….but still “rattled” everytime!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A mouse will send me into orbit! Thankfully there are none that get into my house but the thought of one makes me crazy! They just dart everywhere - give me a big bug any day!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being an avid hiker in So Cal, rattle snakes sightings and mountain lion sightings are frequent and scare the bejeezus out of me. I hike in a group of around 10 people though, so a little less likely for attack by either one….but still “rattled” everytime!

I don't blame you. I watched a story about a poor woman who was attacked by a mountain lion while hiking in So Cal. It was a horror. Amazing she lived through it.

A mouse will send me into orbit! Thankfully there are none that get into my house but the thought of one makes me crazy! They just dart everywhere - give me a big bug any day!!

It's funny how we are all so different. I mean I don't want a mouse in the house but I love rodents in general and well I would just want to try saving him and getting him out of the house. I agree with you about that LOL. Though I did have gerbils and guinea pigs and rats as pets growing up. :)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

How about everyone else?

Insects don’t really scare me unless they are flying ones that are attacking me, like bees or wasps.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is cracking me up! :lol: You guys are funny!

I'm not particularly frightened of anything in nature. We had a rattlesnake in our backyard last summer. Basking in the shade on a stinkin' hot day. It was so cool to see one up close—via zoom lense, that is. It was very relaxed, as was I.

Years ago, I was sailing (windsurfing) in Maui, well outside a reef. Really enjoying the big rollers for the extra boost. And saw...sharks! Totally amped up my adrenalin! "Gotta be smooth and make this jibe! Don't wanna be shark food!" Took a closer look when it surfaced again...It was sea turtles! Talk about giddy relief. Still nailed the jibe, then went back inside the reef. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is cracking me up! :lol: You guys are funny!

I'm not particularly frightened of anything in nature. We had a rattlesnake in our backyard last summer. Basking in the shade on a stinkin' hot day. It was so cool to see one up close—via zoom lense, that is. It was very relaxed, as was I.

Years ago, I was sailing (windsurfing) in Maui, well outside a reef. Really enjoying the big rollers for the extra boost. And saw...sharks! Totally amped up my adrenalin! "Gotta be smooth and make this jibe! Don't wanna be shark food!" Took a closer look when it surfaced again...It was sea turtles! Talk about giddy relief. Still nailed the jibe, then went back inside the reef. :lol:

I am not scared of snakes. Weird I know. Scared of roaches but not snakes. LOL
As for sharks that is another story. Once I read the book and saw the movie Jaws that was it for me. Yup. I am scared of sharks and if I am in the ocean I am always on the lookout. :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy!! I held the phone as far away from my face that I could and I still screamed!!! They are my biggest nightmare next to grasshoppers!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy!! I held the phone as far away from my face that I could and I still screamed!!! They are my biggest nightmare next to grasshoppers!

Sorry! That is why I put a spoiler and in big letters wrote DON'T OPEN if you are scared of bugs. Like I am lol. It was hard to look at the photo so I could share it :errrr:
I've never seen a grasshopper up close but nothing (insect wise), IMO, is scarier than a roach!!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How about everyone else?

OMG I have killed so many of these at school I used to be scared, now I just stomp.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen any of the vid's where people dress their dogs as spiders and let them run about? Funny to watch as a video, although it might be freaky in-person for an arachnophobe. "Dog dressed as spider" video

I saw a longer version of the above, and couldn't stop laughing. My sis is a total arachnophobe and didn't want to watch the vids.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry! That is why I put a spoiler and in big letters wrote DON'T OPEN if you are scared of bugs. Like I am lol. It was hard to look at the photo so I could share it :errrr:
I've never seen a grasshopper up close but nothing (insect wise), IMO, is scarier than a roach!!!

I had to click on the spoiler..haha I clicked it back to spoiler so I don’t have to see it every time I scroll the page. Yuck!
Bugs that hop are also terrifying. I had a grasshopper ride home with me in the car on my shoulder. When I got home I passed a mirror and saw him sitting there! I screamed...and started batting myself to get him off… I got my son to get him so he could give it a water burial..It was traumatic!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also hate roaches!!! :knockout: :sick:
It's not so much that I'm afraid, just deeply disgusted and revolted.

When I was stationed in Florida the guys warned me to never step on one.
They are so huge down there that they joke the roach will grab you by the shoe and throw you 25 meters.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neither of us like getting the mail because the letter box is a holiday home for cockroaches
Also ants
we spray all the mail before we bring it inside
its a metal letterbox

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

They are so huge down there that they joke the roach will grab you by the shoe and throw you 25 meters.

We lived in Houston, Texas. They had Palmetto bugs that were huge. I lived in terror for the five years we lived there. I put a pumpkin against a tree on Halloween. The next day the pumpkin was reduced in half. It was full of those bugs. We had to get our house exterminated four times a year to try to keep them out. Some would still get in. I learned to suck them up with a long vacuum wand from the vacuum cleaner. Then I would put the vacuum cleaner outside until my son could empty it for me. I often wonder if all the chemicals that the exterminator had to use in the house caused my son’s Autism. I was pregnant with him at the time. :confused2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy my dad hated them, especially the flying variety!!!

I am not keen on kidney beans or black beans as they remind me of their pupae.

DK :sick:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one time (not at band camp but back in Wellington) i put my work boots on and walked down to the train station
I used to leave my boots outside the front door in a glass porch we always left the door outside open to
anyway i thought there must have been a stone in my boot but i was running really late and had to run for the train
when i took my boot off my sock was stained yellow and a squished dead wetta was in my boot
I did yelp
Male_tree_weta-orig.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one time (not at band camp but back in Wellington) i put my work boots on and walked down to the train station
I used to leave my boots outside the front door in a glass porch we always left the door outside open to
anyway i thought there must have been a stone in my boot but i was running really late and had to run for the train
when i took my boot off my sock was stained yellow and a squished dead wetta was in my boot
I did yelp
Male_tree_weta-orig.jpg

@Daisys and Diamonds! I’m going to have nightmares tonight!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In spite of their icky reputation, they still provide more environmental benefit than humans. Humans are what really scare me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds! I’m going to have nightmares tonight!

Not to make them worse or anything but i learnt never to bring washing in off the line after dark
had a few instances where they came in on the towels- we had a very small flat - the clean washing pile was by the bed

In the middle of the night a couple of times one walked over Gary
he didn't use to mind them but he didn't enjoy not knowing what it was

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In spite of their icky reputation, they still provide more environmental benefit than humans. Humans are what really scare me.

That's true...they will eat anything. But so will teenage boys. :)

I am revolted by them too. What scares me about them is this. They can be hard to kill just like you wrote above. I remember the first time I saw one IRL. I was in the dorms in college and well OMG it escaped. When you step on them they can squish themselves and avoid being stomped. You really have to put some leg action into squishing them dead. Ugh. Gross.

We lived in Houston, Texas. They had Palmetto bugs that were huge. I lived in terror for the five years we lived there. I put a pumpkin against a tree on Halloween. The next day the pumpkin was reduced in half. It was full of those bugs. We had to get our house exterminated four times a year to try to keep them out. Some would still get in. I learned to suck them up with a long vacuum wand from the vacuum cleaner. Then I would put the vacuum cleaner outside until my son could empty it for me. I often wonder if all the chemicals that the exterminator had to use in the house caused my son’s Autism. I was pregnant with him at the time. :confused2:

Big hugs Joanne. I'm sorry this is even a question in your mind. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
One of my earlier posts was to share the horror that is the Dobson fly. Totally harmless and they breed on riverbanks. Absolutely terrifying. Seriously.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Humans are what really scare me.

I forgot to share my agreement on this comment. 100% yes.
Humans are the scariest issue on earth.

manisthemostdangerous.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my earlier posts was to share the horror that is the Dobson fly. Totally harmless and they breed on riverbanks. Absolutely terrifying. Seriously.

I’m not to click the spoiler because I know it will really give me nightmares!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results