shape
carat
color
clarity

Kenny on piano

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
edit

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
edit

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I have no idea, but as a fellow pianist (started when I was 6, am now 29--just brushed up on my Christmas carols this evening, he hee) I would love to hear you play! Hopefully someone with super computer skills will chime in, npi!
9.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks monarch.

I think the links work now.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Your Chopin works for me! I am listening to it right now. You play beautifully and sound like a pro. I love piano music. My two daughters took piano lessons for about 5 or 6 years and then BOTH gave it up.
29.gif
Now my baby grand sits idle. It''s so sad. I''ll try the Ravel next. Thanks for letting us listen.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RRGGHHH! I can't get the file to play...something about the file not being able to support it. What can I open that file as? SO frustrated!

ETA: the above said, I will most likely wait until Monday when I can get back on my work computer (which is more advanced/upgraded) than our home desktop to listen...sorry Kenny, I'm sure you are FABULOUS!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2006 1:19:42 AM
Author: Cind11
Your Chopin works for me! I am listening to it right now. You play beautifully and sound like a pro. I love piano music. My two daughters took piano lessons for about 5 or 6 years and then BOTH gave it up.
29.gif
Now my baby grand sits idle. It''s so sad. I''ll try the Ravel next. Thanks for letting us listen.
Cind I grew up playing a baby grand...I''ll certainly trade my new upright for your baby! LOL!

I think I stuck with piano when I didn''t want to as a child (more interested in dance/cheerleadiing/sports) because my mother, whose mother was a concert violinist/pianist, convinced me that the talent of being able to play piano on a whim, anywhere, anytime, was far more valuable than dancing or cheerleading, as most of my friends ended up focusing on. Something about that argument of hers struck me, and I realized that my talent was definitely outstanding among other things. There is something to be said for being the person whose presence your friends/acquaintances always covet for their parties because they know you play piano and can entertain...and many times it can actually earn you a buck or two!!!!
36.gif

Cind, if there is any way your girls can be convinced to get back into piano, you should definitely encourage them...
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another pianist here
35.gif
Kenny, you sound GREAT! Thanks for sharing!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 3:52:15 AM
Author: monarch64

Date: 12/2/2006 1:19:42 AM
Author: Cind11
29.gif
Cind I grew up playing a baby grand...I''ll certainly trade my new upright for your baby! LOL!

I think I stuck with piano when I didn''t want to as a child (more interested in dance/cheerleadiing/sports) because my mother, whose mother was a concert violinist/pianist, convinced me that the talent of being able to play piano on a whim, anywhere, anytime, was far more valuable than dancing or cheerleading, as most of my friends ended up focusing on. Something about that argument of hers struck me, and I realized that my talent was definitely outstanding among other things. There is something to be said for being the person whose presence your friends/acquaintances always covet for their parties because they know you play piano and can entertain...and many times it can actually earn you a buck or two!!!!
36.gif

Cind, if there is any way your girls can be convinced to get back into piano, you should definitely encourage them...
9.gif
Monarch, that''s funny that you mentioned dance and cheerleading. My 14 yr. old is a cheerleader and that''s about the time she gave up piano. Ugh! My12 year old is a cheerleader too (sheesh) and absolutely loves dance. Piano is something you can do your whole life which is why I like it. When is the last time you ever saw a 50 yr. old cheerleader?-hehe. I always had to fight with Kathleen (the 12 yr. old) to play but Jennifer (14) actually liked it I think. But it got embarassing when we''d go to lessons and she''d frequently have to say that she hadn''t had a chance to practice much that week. Maybe at some point I could get her back in it. Her piano teacher did say she''d take her back if she ever wanted to return. It''s wonderful that you can play. I think it''s really something to be proud of.

Kenny, I listened to the Ravel piece and you really sound great and how cool to have taken it up as an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results