shape
carat
color
clarity

kelege eternity band - wholesale?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crazyjosh

Rough_Rock
I''m planning on purchasing an engagement ring soon for my girlfriend. We have looked together, and she very much wants a non-traditional ring. She prefers eternity bands instead of traditional engagement rings. She particulalry likes a couple of designs by Jack Kelege. Only two stores near me (Santa Barbara, CA) carry his designs. One store claims to be a "wholesaler" and the other is a jewelry boutique. The wholesaler did not have the exact ring I saw in the boutique but they claim they will be much less expensive. What''s the deal with such a "wholesaler?" How can they offer it cheaper? Are they really a wholesaler in the traditional sense? The store is simply a larger jewelry store with a large selection.

Also, can such "one-of-a-kind" pieces like Jack Kelege''s be imitated or copied for less. I''m thinking that''s a bad road to go down...I sort of want the official Jack Kelege certificate that comes with his rings since I will not be purchasing a certified diamond engagement ring. Thoughts on that?

Can jewelers without large store fronts (i.e. more "underground" in someplace like downtown Los Angeles)
get official, new Jack Kelege pieces? Or, do such designers really limit who they will sell to?

Thank you VERY much for any insights you can provide. I want to do this soon as ordering one of these rings can take a couple of months.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 2/17/2004 8:12:07 PM crazyjosh wrote:

What's the deal with such a 'wholesaler?' How can they offer it cheaper? Are they really a wholesaler in the traditional sense? The store is simply a larger jewelry store with a large selection.

----------------

On this issue, click here:

Wholesale Diamonds: Myths and Facts

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wholesalers sell to the trade.

If someone sells to the public, they are making a retail sale.

They may have a wholesale business on the side where they sell to the trade @ legit wholesale prices, then markup their stones to sell to retail public...but if they sell to you, they are giving you a RETAIL sale.

Technically anyway. It's really just a marketing trick to get you to think you are saving a bundle.
1.gif
Be smart and shop around....wholesale or not...the best price IS the best price. Either there or elsewhere.

Good luck!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I can't say I know about Jack Kelege, but in downtown LA, Verragio sells to several jewelers, who in turn sell to the public at a lower price than in other more trendy jewelry stores. They are authorized dealers, so I don't know how this works. I think that quite possibly the 'suggested retail' pricing may be flexible depending on store location. Your boutique may be charging an additional bit over what they need to to satisfy their overhead. I have been in that boutique, I think, and tried on the Jack Kelege anniversary band with diamonds and some sapphires. Very nice styles.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results