shape
carat
color
clarity

Kayla17, how are you doing........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kayla,
I remember in an old thread about diamond goals for 2005, you announced your pregnancy. I was just wondering how you are feeling and how things are going. As I was searching my closet this AM, I thought about you as I decided to put on my fav. Juicy.........the orange (tangerine) terry in a size Large!! I remember you saying you wanted to wear juicy til 6-7 months.
I wanted to take a picture because I''m thinking this is comical. I''m usually 5''8" 120 and a size 4. My large juicy doesn''t even fit at almost 16 weeks, what a bummer, I''m wearing it anyway!! I hope I don''t stretch it out too much since I want to wear it post partum.
Just looking for an update and wondering about you. Hope your pregnancy is going fabulous.

Jaime
due Aug 3rd-but being induced at 37wks
It''s a BOY!!

16wkspreggo.JPG

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I also wanted to let you know that they have cute maternity juicy (only a few) at pea in the pod now.

ultrasound6.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Jaime- you look terrific.
Thanks for posting the sono pic.
How cute.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your pregnancy marriahlyn! Many many well wishes and warm baby thoughts coming your way!
30.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute tummy and cute little baby in your tummy
9.gif
!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh marriahlyn,

Congratulations on your pregnancy, what a cute pregnant belly. Best wishes to you during this special time in your life. I loved being pregnant. Do you have any special cravings??

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Marriahlyn:

Congrats on your pregnancy! You look great! Thought of any baby names yet? By the way, I love your ring!

Best,
Lori-yellowfan

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats again Marriahlyn and congrats Kayla!

OK, I''m a chick, so don''t take this weird or anything, but you are a sexy pregnant lady Marriahlyn! I want to look like you when I''m pregnant someday!

Within a 24-hour period last week, I found out that my church''s worship pastor''s wife and a friend from college are pregnant! Even more striking, that friend''s hubby is in seminary right now - two pastor''s wives announcing pregnancies at the same time! Something''s in the water it seems!!! Good luck to you ladies with everything!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, you guys are so nice. I think things will start to go downhill from here LOL I was only 105lbs when I got pregnant with my DD so I have deep stretch marks. They are already starting to darken.

As for names, he will be Robert James. My dh''s family is traditional Italian and the first born son is to be named after paternal grandfather. I''m not super overly thrilled but Robert is my grandfather and uncles names so I can live with that. I''m just glad we don''t have to fight over the girls name because we could NOT agree.

So I''m having a baby and my other baby is already losing her teeth. How time flies!!!

ria2.JPG

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
oh and Kaleigh..........this kid has already had a ton of FRENCH FRIES!! I want french fries and mexican food (chicken tacos from Don Pablo and chicken fajitas from Hacienda)............but I''ve still got sickness from hell so I can''t eat what I crave.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m so sorry your still getting sick, that sucks!! As far as the name you''ve picked out I am a little partial as my son is named Robert!! As he is a teenager now we call him Rob. I thinks its a great name. I loved all things salty when I was pregnant. The one thing I loved was salami and cheese sandwhiches!! Your daughter is adorable!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my!

I just saw this thread!
You are so cute! And the baby is adorable.

I never did get any of the stuff in my goal list. I still want to get the juicy set, but I have been trying to save money.
I just realized that my job does not give any maternity leave! Luckily for me, I guesstimate that I will have about 9 to 10 weeks of vacation and holiday time when I finally go on maternity leave, so hopefully I will be covered for most of my maternity leave!

I am dong okay. I had the flu in January, but otherwise, have not been feeling too sick. Every once in a while, I get morning sickness in the early mornings, but it is pretty infrequent.

I have been really constipated, though. I have tried everything too. Yeah, gassy and constipated, what a combination!!! LOL!

I am not sure if I will find out the sex, but I have already picked names!

Michael Ethan or Michael Christopher if it''s a boy.

Amanda Skye if it is a girl.

I am due on August 31st, so you are about 4 weeks ahead of me!

Thanks for all the warm wishes to everyone!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla can you still wear your fabulous rings? If not, send them on over ! I''ll take care of them for the next 6 months!
9.gif

Congrats mariah, love that color Juicy outfit. If we ever procreate, I plan to wear Juicy as long as possible!!! What a great excuse. hehee.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Jaime, that is about the cutest pregnant belly I''ve ever seen!

Good luck to you and Kayla over the next few months!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never did get any of the stuff in my goal list. I still want to get the juicy set, but I have been trying to save money.
I just realized that my job does not give any maternity leave! Luckily for me, I guesstimate that I will have about 9 to 10 weeks of vacation and holiday time when I finally go on maternity leave, so hopefully I will be covered for most of my maternity leave!

Michael Ethan or Michael Christopher if it''s a boy.

Amanda Skye if it is a girl.
I cannot believe your job doesn''t provide maternity leave!!! Really bizarre considering you''re working with little babies. I hope you''re able to save up all your vacation time and can spend some quality time with your new baby and your daughter too.

The names you picked out are cute. It was so difficult for my husband and me to pick out names. One of our sons came down to the last hour before we agreed to name him Dylan! lol

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I wrote the wrong thing.
My job gives me 90 days (three months) of unpaid maternity leave.
The state gives me 6 weeks of disability if I have a natural birth and 8 weeks if I have a C-section, which is about $130 a week.
39.gif
8.gif

As far as I know, most jobs do not provide paid maternity leave.

Technically, you are usually cleared by your doctor to resume your regular activities after 6 weeks, so I guess the thinking is that one should be able to go back to work as well.
I think in essence, my job is saying, since the state is saying you are only disabled for 6 weeks, then there is really no reason for us to have to pay you if you are out of work for any time longer than that period.

What really sucks is if you are a single mother. Imagine being a single mom, having to go back to work at 6 weeks to pay the bills and then needing a babysitter or day care center to watch the baby for 10 hours a day/ five days a week because you are at work.

I know of one nurse that went back to work after 7 weeks because she could not afford to not work.
That''s what I don''t understand. My job gives me 4 weeks of vacation, another 3 weeks of holiday time and about 2 weeks sicktime.(3 days equals one week, so we get 9 holidays and 7 sick days).
They owe me 3 weeks from last year, so i have total 7 weeks vacation, plus whatever holiday and sick time I manage to accumulate from now until I go on maternity leave.
That''s how I get my 9 to 10 weeks of time when I go out.
I decided to forgo my vacation in order to not have to worry about going back to work earlier.
I could always decide to take a one week vacation if I decide.
Luckily for me, I work three days a week, so one week is equally to 10 to 12 days if I can manipulate my schedule right.
Sorry this is so long!
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2005 4:14:24 AM
Author: kayla17

Actually, I wrote the wrong thing.
My job gives me 90 days (three months) of unpaid maternity leave.
The state gives me 6 weeks of disability if I have a natural birth and 8 weeks if I have a C-section, which is about $130 a week.
39.gif
8.gif

Yeah, I guess I should have written, "unpaid," as I was thinking this. lol But, still, I think it's pretty crappy of your employer regardless of what your state legally grants you!

It would be terribly rough to be a single mom! I know that my day care costs PT are $8.30 an hour and then with taxes included, suddenly my hypothetical income would be reduced by $10 per hour. Situations like this could easily drive one to live off of welfare, especially if a person is only making $12/hour. Why work for what could EASILY turn into less than minimum wage once expenses are factored in!?! A family member of mine ended up doing this and was given a ton of critism from one family member (a lady who decided to remain child free) and I felt pretty bad for her, but still respected her decision. She did start working again when her daughter was two, but to this day doesn't regret her decision to spend that extra quality time w/her daughter.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Kayla, I''m so glad you''re doing well. I was starting to worry about you!! When I started the thread, I emailed you a link but it might have ended up in your junkmail folder or something.

I don''t have to worry about getting paid for maternity leave as I don''t work. For me I guess that''s a good thing because I''ve been soooooo sick I''m not sure I could make it to work!! I''ve also had a lot of bedrest with this pregnancy so work is out of the question!

I think your names are adorable. With a little guy, I had no choice on the name but I''m ok with that. My dh is just so excited. We have out "birth defect" scan next Friday but I''ve already had 9 u/s''s and know the baby is just fine.

Hope things continue to go well for you,
Jaime

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations marriahlyn and Kayla17!

My morning sickness is just beginning to lighten, off and on. I''m 12 weeks.Thank G-d, I can finally tolerate certain perfumes again(just light ones like Jicky, Eau d''Hadrien, Eau Rochas for now). I''d gladly trade a double dose of labor for staggering around nauseous, tired, and scentless for months. shudder. It''s been torturous..I love perfume more than diamonds.

Otherwise - so far, so good, I am slightly anemic and taking iron supplements.

Lol! I''ve been living in Juicy and juicy-inspired suits too. That orange is fabulous! Adorable picture!
5.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Kaylagee!!!
Is this your first? Don''t worry about the morning sickness, it will eventually go away.

I want to take a picture of myself in my juicy set, but all of my velour suits are really dark, and I am not showing that much. I look more like I ate a big meal!!

I am almost 16 weeks( next Wednesday). I am so excited and I found out just today that another fellow PS member is pregnant as well, so I am really excited for her.

I know what you mean about the perfumes. I wear Tova and suprisingly, it has not bothered too much. In general, certain perfumes make me nauseous, even when I am not pregnant, but this pregnancy has been pretty good.

OH, except for the gas and the constipation!!! I am a walking time bomb!

Congrats again!!!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
If this is not the sweetest thread... Best wishes to you and both Kayla''s.
17.gif
17.gif
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results