shape
carat
color
clarity

Kauai proposal? Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CountryBoy

Rough_Rock
Hi folks,

I''ve read several "top ten places to get engaged" articles and many of the articles state one of the places as "anywhere on the island of Kauai." I will be visiting Kauai for the first time ever in late fall along with my girlfriend. If I choose to propose there, can anyone please offer me some suggestions. My girlfriend and I are both private and traditional and would want to avoid any type of public/crowded type of thing, yet if I choose to propose in Kauai, I would like to do something that she will never forget.
31.gif
I would most appreciate any feedback. Thank you kindly.

Countryboy

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Oh, there''s so many perfect spots there...I suggest the you have the IZ song "Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World" playing in the background when you ask, a bottle of Veuve Cliquot champagne, and a private dinner on a beach...I loved the beaches on the North Shore in Hanalei Bay/Princeville area...you practically get them all to yourself.

Ahhhh, Kauai and a proposal...perfect way to start your journey!!!

klr
30.gif
prongs

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I plan to take our first family vacation in Kauai later this year and I would suggest you look at The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook- Kauai Revealed by Andrew Doughty and Harriett Friedman $14.95 at Barnes and Noble. There are some absolutely fantastic pictures of places that would make your proposal memorable to say the least!
good luck!
Lisa
34.gif

CountryBoy

Rough_Rock
heart prongs,

Thank you so much for your thoughts. I have looked into the dinner on the beach thing and have noticed that several places offer them. My only concern about that is wind. Although I''ve never been to Kauai, every beach I''ve ever been to is very windy. I can''t figure out in my mind how a couple could have a dinner on the beach and not have everything on the table blown away. Did you do a dinner on the beach there? If so, how did you tackle this problem.

Our plans are to stay on the north shore (Princeville) but plan to visit the entire island. I can''t tell from the books I''ve read as to which beach would be best for the big moment. Any ideas?

Thanks again for your comments.

CountryBoy

Rough_Rock
Lisa,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have purchased that very book and it has me even more lost because it shows you so many beautiful places that I don''t even know where to begin
25.gif

I see several places that look great in the book, but there is nothing like the advice of those that have been there so I hope to get some great suggestions here to go along with the book.

I agree the book is a great resource and I appreciate you pointing it out.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
CB-

There are a ton of waterfalls on Kauai (you can jump into the water after she says yes) - the ones I''ve been to have been very private.

You can also charter a small yacht or boat for the day.

The beaches also clear out in the evening- you can ask your hotel to pack you a picnic dinner (with candles and champagne, of course) and then take a stroll during sunset on the beach.

And don''t forget your camera! When my FI proposed, I was in a bit of haze- and it is fun to look back at the photos right after he proposed.

Good luck!

Lily

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure that Princeville will set up dinner on the beach for you if you wanted. We were there year before last, and had beautiful weather -- no wind thatI remember. They had weddings and lots of honeymooners, and were practiced at romance from what I saw. I think one of the Hanelei beaches is a great idea. There would certainly be fewer people there. It can be very rainy on the north side of the Island, so be prepared with plan B.

Maybe you could take a picnic basket and hire a boat to take you down the Napili coast to a deserted beach. It would not only be private but fun and just gorgeous.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
We were in Kauai for our honeymoon at this time last year
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I want to be back there SOOOOO much right now I can''t stand it!...I don''t remember it being windy, but I totally see your point. Another idea is something I saw at the Fairmont Kea Lani while we were on Maui ... a private poolside dinner by the pool late at night, or a private dinner on your lanai outside your room. I''m sure that any of the upscale hotels will offer this service.

I have another idea. Stay at the Hyatt Regency and make reservations for the Beach House restaurant, both in Poi''pu -- south shore of Kauai -- for just after sunset. Hire a photographer on the lawn there to take pictures (there are photographers set up for photographing happy honeymooners as this is THE spot to watch the sun set in Kauai)...have him take a picture of you proposing in the sunset -- it will be stunning!

One thing to remember, it''s a proposal on Kauai...it''s going to be super special no matter how you do it...your best bet for the element of surprise honestly may be just to wing it!

I''m very excited for you!!!!
36.gif
Aloha!!!
35.gif

klr
30.gif
prongs

CountryBoy

Rough_Rock
Wow! You folks are all amazing. Thank you for your kind suggestions. I have not yet decided on my Kauai plan, but you all have given me a lot to think about. A waterfall, a deserted beach, a photographer on the lawn, etc. all sound intriguing.
31.gif

It's fun to think about what will eventually be my plan. I still have about two months to finalize it. Thank you for the suggestions and I welcome any additional thoughts that anyone may have.

Countryboy

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Kauai is my favorite place on this earth (Well, Paris is too).

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency last year. Loved it. I bet they could set up a dinner for you on the beach, on the left side down by the rocks. And the Princeville area is very nice. My screen saver is Kheie (sp) Beach, which is at the end of the road past Princeville. The Napalli coast start there.

What about chartering a helicopter and being left at one of the waterfalls for a private lunch. For my birthday I wanted a helicopter ride of Kauai and we did just that, it was spectacular. Our pilot showed us a waterfall that a lot of couples go to for a completely private time. They leave you there and return hrs. later.

Let us know what you decide.

avant

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/30/2005 8:42:20 PM
Author: Ann
Our pilot showed us a waterfall that a lot of couples go to for a completely private time. They leave you there and return hrs. later.

I think that is a great idea...gets my vote

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
CB,

I sent you 2 PM''s.

I think Inter-Island Helicopter tours will land at a waterfall.

Also I saw another site that helicopters you over to an other island for lunch and a swim. The island started with a "N". Not sure if they left you there or what.

Another idea, would be to hike to a waterfall and propose.

By the way, the shaved ice hut in the Princeville area is tops!!

CountryBoy

Rough_Rock
Ann,

For some reason the private messages didn''t come through to my box, but I did get the information I needed from the message you posted here. I''ve contacted a few helicopter companys and am still considering all options. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results