shape
carat
color
clarity

Kateydid05 intro!!!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Kateydid05 here…figured I’d kick start my intro!!

I am 25, my boyfriend is 27, and we’ve been together approaching on 6 years this October. I can’t see being with anyone else but him. He’s my best friend, my other half, and I never thought I could be so in tune with another person. We completely balance each other out. People have begun asking “when the heck is the wedding” and “what’s taking him so long” to which I can only reply “I have no idea”, haha. To be honest I just do not think he is quite ready so I am not pushing the issue. We hit the age where everyone around is getting engaged, married, and having kids so naturally it is something I’ve been thinking about. Both of us seem to share the opinion that we just cannot see ourselves having the huge traditional wedding. When our time comes, we’ll probably do a destination with close family and friends and no formal reception—maybe just a nice dinner or something. At least that’s what I have been leaning towards!

Anyway!! About a year or so ago, people began asking him when we were getting married and he would shoo them off with “when I’m done school”. Well he’s done school at the end of the month but I do not think he’s anywhere near warming up to the idea. A few times my boyfriend has made some comments, like when our two friends got engaged she showed us her ring and he said “is that similar to what you want”? Apparently he checks out other womens’ rings which I suppose is a good start! He is the type of guy that will completely blindside me with a ring/proposal so I need to make sure he’s well informed because right now he’s clueless---cue the file folder on the computer that he knows about with ring ideas and helpful websites (pricescope, hehe)! My friends/family have also been putting ideas in my head that he would propose on our vacation to St. Thomas in August but I HIGHLY doubt that!

Oh well, in the meantime I don’t want to bug him about the issue because I know it will happen eventually. I’ll just keep browsing at shiny things
2.gif

So that’s me! Nice to “meet” everyone!

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
hi! welcome, you''re going to love liw. it''s great to have a place where people can relate to what you''re going through! hopefully you won''t be here too long :)

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
not a liw, more like a newlywed.. but
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
anyway!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 2:19:02 PM
Author: AnneTossy
hi! welcome, you''re going to love liw. it''s great to have a place where people can relate to what you''re going through! hopefully you won''t be here too long :)
I had no idea a place like this existed!! I''ve been on the site before but thought it was really just a place to check out diamonds and learn...not a huge forum! Clever disguise! I thought I was being juvenile thinking that I''m waiting around and he''s dragging his feet, haha, but I know that we''re all going through it. I feel much better.
1.gif

I hope I won''t be on here long either but who knows!! I love how you girls all get nice timelines...I''ll be sitting in the dark until then, haha oh well!

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
ugh, girl, i wish i was in the dark!!! my ring should be ready by july 2nd, and its driving me crazy! then, who knows when hes actually going to pop the question!? I wish I didn''t have any idea, cause now all I do is obsess over: when will it be ready, when is he picking it up, how long will he wait to give it to me, is it going to look right?!?

lol, you''re definitely in the right place! there are plenty of girls around here who are completely in the dark and just waiting!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! I hope your stay on the list is short and sweet!
35.gif

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
I''m sure I''ll be here for awhile, but thank you!!

1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results