shape
carat
color
clarity

Kate Spade Keeden--Need Advice

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
I ordered the Kate Spade Keeden shoe in white from myglassslipper.com. I love the shoes, but I noticed what looked like a glue spot near the sole on the outside of the shoe (not visible when they are on). I also noticed a spot on the toe of the other shoe that was the color of the sole, like a tiny amount of glue had smudged it there. This also isn't visible when they're on. For $300, I feel that these shoes should be perfect. Am I expecting too much? I'm going to have them dyed royal blue anyway, but I didn't know if I should be pickier about these imperfections.

Anyone else order from myglassslipper.com? Any similar experiences?

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
These show the toe of the shoe with the "smudge"

SAM_0703.JPG

SAM_0705.JPG

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
What I assume is a spot of glue...

SAM_0710.JPG

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Also, is this normal? This is the "pillow" on the toe of the shoe. None of this is noticeable when they are on. The pics are of either side of one shoe, but the other shoe is the same.

SAM_0706.JPG

SAM_0709.JPG

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I would send them back and request another pair. What is the return policy like for the place you bought them?

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
I need to send them back today or tomorrow. I was planning on listing the issues I have with them on the return form. They also forgot to send me the royal blue swatch I ordered with the shoes :roll:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
jenmarie said:
I need to send them back today or tomorrow. I was planning on listing the issues I have with them on the return form. They also forgot to send me the royal blue swatch I ordered with the shoes :roll:

For sure send them back. I would NOT accept those types of flaws from brand new $300 shoes. It looks like the "pillow" on the end is about to fall off!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
jenmarie, great minds think alike! I have also just received my Kate Spade Keedens from My Glass Slipper. I'm at work so I can't post pics right now, but I have a similar host of issues. Mine include dye issues because they are already dyed. I will update as soon as I'm home so you can see.

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Echidna, so sorry to hear that! I was really hoping that mine was an isolated issue. I was scared of ordering them dyed because I was worried about the size. I've been in love with these shoes for over a year, and I'm really disappointed that I'll have to return them instead of exchange them. But really! For that much money, there shouldn't be these issues!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to take a little while to get back to you, jenmarie. Here are the pics of my faults as promised! They're not great pics, but you get the idea. You can see that my shoe issues are quite similar to yours, which makes me wonder if this is a widespread problem...

What I can't get a good pic of is that you can actually see streaks of dye if you look closely. It looks like they've been dyed using a pen-style ink and you can see where someone has very carefully moved the pen across the shoe so the dye lines don't overlap. I'm guessing this is the best they can do with the dye, but it wasn't a look I was expecting.

DSC01282.JPG

DSC01281.JPG

DSC01279.JPG

DSC01277.JPG

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Overall, however, this is what people will see. They do look pretty perfect to the casual observer, so I've decided not to complain or send them back. I have the added complication that I'm in Australia and that my brother "imported" them for me in his suitcase, so I'd have a hard time proving they came out of the box like that. All in all, I'm disappointed but trying to stop being such a perfectionist.

In your case, I'd send them back and find something else. I had my heart set on these (was going to get them in blue as well =) ) but for the price, I expected better.

DSC01275.JPG

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
They have been sent back as of today. I'm really sad about how this turned out.

I think you have a good attitude about your shoes, Echidna. You're right, from what people will see, they are gorgeous! They are a really pretty color, and the shoes themselves really are TDF.

I talked to a friend about it, and she mentioned that they may be counterfeit. I don't know what to think about it. I just hope I'm able to find another pair of shoes to fall in love with, not some I just have to settle for.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
jenmarie said:
I talked to a friend about it, and she mentioned that they may be counterfeit. I don't know what to think about it. I just hope I'm able to find another pair of shoes to fall in love with, not some I just have to settle for.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not familiar with the company you ordered from, but I'm also not familiar with the dyeable shoe market in general, so I'm not a very good source. I know there are plenty of other sites out there, though, that sell "designer" shoes that are frauds. Fortunately, when I went to the site you ordered from, it looks like they have a pretty solid return policy. For purchases that expensive, I'd order straight from the designer.

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
I was just looking at Kate Spade's website. They have two shoes that are already the cobalt blue, but I don't know if my feet can handle shoes without sides, as I have really flat feet. They do have the Keeden in Ivory, though. They also say that they don't recommend dyeing their satin shoes, so I don't know!! Who knows, I may end up with an ivory dress and getting the Keedens in ivory.

Any idea whether dyeing them would be feasible? I certainly don't want to ruin a $300 pair of shoes!!

I was also thinking about the Cole Haan Nike Air pumps. The style I was looking at were completely plain and come with a swatch of the shoe fabric to test dye color. They're also half the price!

This is the shoe: http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/ca...tId=239085&productGroup=100&_requestid=233478

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck with finding something better, jenmarie. I must admit that the idea they are counterfeit did not occur to me until you mentioned it (and everyone else seconded the suggestion!). If they are counterfeit, they're pretty good- the packaging I got all seems genuine. My brother's girlfriend even worked for Kate Spade, saw them when they arrived, and didn't say anything. Maybe she was being polite :???:

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
I didn't mean to make you doubt them! I just don't understand how designer shoes could have these issues slip past quality control.

What I find monumentally annoying is that Kate Spade has to know the demand for these shoes...why not keep the cobalt ones in stock?! I hardly think there would be any shortage of people willing to buy them!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
jenmarie, if you went with the Cole Haans (half the price is great and those are supposed to be really comfortable!) you could always add shoe decorations if you wanted a little more than a simple shoe.

I just googled and came up with Absolutely Audrey (not endorsing, have never actually purchased from them) which would give you some ideas!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the Keedens in Cobalt directly from Kate Spade, as well as the hot pink Clarice. Would you ladies like me to take pictures of them? The Keedens have been worn (for the wedding of course) but the Clarices have not been worn.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
jenmarie, I wish the cobalt ones were still available too as that was what I originally wanted. I wonder if these are seconds as opposed to counterfeit? Perhaps I'm overly trusting but I didn't think an online vendor with a B&M store in NYC would be selling fakes.

Freke, thanks for chiming in. I have no idea how I should respond to your very kind offer. Mine are unfortunately a done deal, so I don't know whether more photos will make me feel better or worse! I suspect you've offered for a reason though, so if you get a chance to take some pics that would be great. I'd be interest to see both for some perspective.

ETA: Sorry for the threadjack, jenmarie!

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Freke, I'd love to see pics of them! I may end up purchasing a pair directly from Kate Spade, I don't know yet. Our wedding is probably not going to be until Feb 2012, so I have plenty of time. I know it probably won't happen, but maybe between now and then they'll release them in cobalt again.

Echidna, the only reason I thought they might've been fake was because of the inside of the shoe. However, that was before I looked at Kate Spade's website, and they are the same. I don't think you need to worry. I think you can totally get past the minor imperfections that you only see when you look at them closely. They really are gorgeous shoes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results