shape
carat
color
clarity

Kamala Harris' pearl necklace VP debate

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
would anyone happen to know anything about kamala's pearl necklace during the VP debate??

it appeared to have very light green shimmery stones in addition to some super lustrous pearls. im guessing about 9mm, or so, for the pearls ...

it is classic but also so unique and pretty ...

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking at it too. I was thinking pearls and turquoise?
It also looks like she wears a cabochon amethyst ring on her right hand.
I know she has a Tahitian strand which I have seen her wear many times.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
could have been an amethyst ring OR perhaps a purple or violet sapphire ...

kamaladebatejewels.jpg

Last edited:

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering too, from the pics I saw I was thinking emeralds attached to the pearls?

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
to me, the stones seemed too light to be emeralds ... but my husband did think they were emeralds though

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She seems to wear pearls all the time.
Michelle Obama liked pearls, too, but I think her pearls were from Carolee, which are faux.
And of course Barbara Bush wore faux pearls.
Nancy Pelosi has some big South Seas.
Sara Sanders had a nice strand which she wore all the time.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
of all the pearl wearers, you've mentioned, my favourite are kamala's debate pearls. i could hardly take my eyes off of them. i think part of the appeal, for me, was the pale green gems ...

Last edited:

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ms. Harris is often seen in pearls! My best guess to her necklace from the VP debate would be freshwater pearls with small stones of turquoise set underneath.

They could also be akoya, but some photos I saw looked like some of the pearls were not completely round, so Freshwater remains my most likely guess.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i truly did not know that turquoise could shimmer and sparkle like that!??!

the pale green stones on her pearls looked faceted, though ...

Last edited:

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
i truly did not know that turquoise could shimmer and sparkle like that!??!

she pale green stones on her pearls looked faceted, though ...

It's entirely possible they were something else besides turquoise. I didn't watch, so don't know how they looked moving or on video. I'm no turquoise expert; it was just my first hunch.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you guys! I was Dying over her right-hand ring. I googled it to see if i could find a closer look. then after an hour (lol) decided I was being petty/materialistic when literally, the fate of the nation (world) rests on this election and I. Need. To. See. Her. Ring. Close. Up! Aaagh.

Glad I’m not alone in sparkle curiosity :) and sorry to hijack the thread.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just pulled up some videos of the debate and tried to see exactly what was going on with her necklace. I zoomed in as far as I could.
I'm pretty sure that that the blue stones were not faceted.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Oh you guys! I was Dying over her right-hand ring. I googled it to see if i could find a closer look. then after an hour (lol) decided I was being petty/materialistic when literally, the fate of the nation (world) rests on this election and I. Need. To. See. Her. Ring. Close. Up! Aaagh.

i completely and totally understand!! i was captivated and fascinated by her pearl necklace!

i noticed her ring, too. it's either a cabochon amethyst as @stracci2000 mentioned or it could be a purple sapphire. im leaning more towards sapphire as it's harder on the mohs scale but it really could be either

Last edited:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elsewhere I read that Kamala Harris was wearing a double-strand necklace with both blue and white pearls at the VP Debate ... I also thought her necklace was beautiful! Alas I did not notice her purple cabochon ring :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I just pulled up some videos of the debate and tried to see exactly what was going on with her necklace. I zoomed in as far as I could.
I'm pretty sure that that the blue stones were not faceted.

not faceted huh?? wow, the shimmer in them next to the lustrous pearls was just :kiss2:

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
I thought her earrings were perhaps mabe pearls..they seemed large enough to be. I couldn't get in close enough to see

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did look at that necklace up close. The smaller cabs are turquoise for sure.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I thought she looked great overall, but am I the only one who didn't like the necklace and earrings together? I would have opted for one or the other.

Oh well, at least she skipped the fly accessory.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I thought she looked great overall, but am I the only one who didn't like the necklace and earrings together? I would have opted for one or the other.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

It’s ok, you’re on PS in good company, we totally understand =)2

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock

i didn't really care for the earrings either. the more mature lady politicians really favour that larger mabe pearl look, though

PeterPan681

Rough_Rock
Love the necklace. It took me about 2 weeks to find it. Thrilled when I found it.:mrgreen2:
Bummed about the price ! Oh well. $26,440 :naughty:
It is a beautiful piece !

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Love the necklace. It took me about 2 weeks to find it. Thrilled when I found it.:mrgreen2:

wow! good job! well done! thank you!!
yes, the necklace is pricier. but they aren't just strung together. its an entire necklace, fabricated with full gold foundation back. pity the description doesn't indicate akoya pearl measurement.

for those that could tell from the debate that the stones were turquoise, all i have to say is, you have my *admiration* for being able to tell what they were. you have got some sharp, sharp eagle eyes!!

the akoyas looked so lustrous on television but not so much on the website ...

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous! Great find!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful necklace but that price! No mention of the quality of the akoyas plus I’m not sure how well the nacre will last threaded on a gold chain with extra drill holes for the turquoise stones!

(I’m so practical, sorry....)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results