shape
carat
color
clarity

Just switched venues; although I already sent out STDs!

ac719

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh I had a feeling this would happen! Our Renewal is in June, I sent save the dates out in December. We picked the church because it was free for us to use, however weve always wanted an outdoor wedding. I lucked out and got the place of my dreams today! I went ahead and booked with them.
Do you think people will be upset that I changed venues 4 months before the rewnewal?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
People won't care at all. The only way they would care about changes is if it materially changed their plans (different weekend, different city, etc). My BFF changed her ceremony venue and I don't even think anyone noticed...

Glad you got your dream venue!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Did you put the venue on the STD?

I think as long as it is correct on the actual invitation, you will be fine.

ETA: Ditto, Silly. If it is an extreme change in location, possibly affecting the amount of travel or hotel accomodations, then it might make a difference in the amount of people that will attend.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure you are fine. Even if you put the church location on the STD, most people won't notice. My husband's cousin changed the location of her reception after the invitations were sent. (Long story.) They just sent out new invites, indicating there had been a change in the plans.

Acrossley

Rough_Rock
Agree with everyone else.
I am a wedding photog and a bride of mine had a similar situation last year. She changed to different venue in the same town (had more guests than originally estimated needed more space ...). The idea of STD's are truly for your guests to save the date unless it's a destination wedding. We created a digital redo of the STD to save her printing and mailing costs. She emailed to her guests and had plenty of time to prepare correct invites.

Glad you booked the venue you like!

ac719

Shiny_Rock
thanks so much!
Its a small ceremony, mostly friends and close family so I dont think the change will be a big deal. Same town just different area. Ill just put the actual place on the Invites.

the new place is amazing!!!!!!!! ill post pics when i can! its in a national park with a cave opening in the background... the reception is next door in a Huge Victorian home that was been newly remodeled. im over the moon! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results