shape
carat
color
clarity

Just stopped by Tiffany''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I passed by Tiffany''s on my way back from lunch and I got stopped at the crosswalk so I decided it was meant to be. I had to check out the Lucida. It looks like a Radiant, not to mention the dimensions are ridiculous. She showed me a 1.25 carat and it was tiny. Tiny. It was a little over 4mm x 2mm. What''s that about?

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Holy deep stone Batman!
eek.gif

I have a perrty little 1B/2A 58 pt radiant that measures roughly 5.7 x 4.5.

I hope the numbers on that one are wrong. That's a 2:1 ratio, too long and skinny. Did you happen to take a gander at the price tag?

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't gander to check the price since I would never buy rocks from Tiffany's I just wanted to check it out. It looked more rectangular than square and I used a ruler at my desk for the measurements. It really was small.

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
The Lucida cut has a high crown and deep pavillion...most of its weight is lost visually because of the way its cut. I really wanted one until I saw it in person. Definately not worth all the hype.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Ah-ha, thanks. I never wanted one but I wanted to check it out to know that I have seen it. Wow, it seems like the weight is lost visually more on the Lucida than the Asscher/Royal Asscher.

MARIAV75

Rough_Rock
I checked out the pricetag b/c I was there looking at wedding bands... 17K for 1.50 carats.... It looked tiny next to my 1.55 carat round solitare from the diamond district..
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results