shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Started Looking at Gowns...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I just thought it would be fun to post my favorites here as I love seeing everyone else's dresses. So far I just tried on gowns at David's Bridal on Monday (nothing for me but we got my mom's!) - most were strapless (I'm not so comfortable in/don't think them so flattering on me, a "basically B" girl here) and overall not a good fit with my destination wedding but it was fun to get my feet wet. I'm not getting married 'til January but it's sure fun to start!

So far my favs are Watters Brides and Nicole Miller (more $$ and no vendors around though). Watters gowns I can try on in my area, hopefully I will this weekend, but the stores I called didn't carry my favorite style #'s (many claim to have similar and one place said I could order to try). Big thanks to BrightSpot's thread (which I bumped) because it was right up my alley and chock full o' more goodies!

Ok, here we go.

First up: This wasn't my favorite at first but I'm thinking it may be so right for my semi-casual Bahamas cruise wedding (on the beach). Plus now that we got my mom's dress, which is on the more casual side too I want the vibe to be close. It's a Watters Brides bandeau halter gown.

7018B.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Next Watters:

I love the profile on this one - so elegant.

7008B.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
This is very similar but not a halter of course.

7006B.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
This has that great light flowly ethereal vibe going like the 1st.

7016B.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Last Watters one. I think I''d like this better sans bow.

7013B.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Your photos aren't showing up, Sarita!
7.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this Nicole Miller. I think it''s $2,200 though, which is over budget and no where nearby to try it on anyway, boo.

NMillerLace.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Lace split of the Nicole Miller (I love that too).

ETA: Sunkist, I can see them. Maybe it has to do with the updates going on today? Hopefully they will show soon...

NMillerLace2.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Another Nicole Miller. Simple front, pretty back.

NMiller1.jpg

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Sarita--where is that precious kitten avatar??? She''s the cutest!!

BTW, I can''t see the pics either.
8.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
My fave is the 4th one you posted, LOVE IT!!!! Reminds me of a Romona Keveza I''ve always loved.
30.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the back of that one. Sorry they''re all separate posts... I need to learn to do the other thing.

NMiller1Back.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Ok last dress.

NMillerAiry.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Another view. It looks a little funny with the bunch all in that spot..

selflove - my avatar was so old, I just wanted something new, but thank you for your compliment! My baby boy is a lot bigger now but I loved his little wave there. I have beautiful scenic Uruguay up now.

ETA: Dur I see I labeled my wedding gown folder wedding "gows".

NMillerAiry2.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s Mom''s Dress - I see they have it under prom dresses on the site

It looks like a deep, true turquoise, not baby blue as the pic suggests.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a detail shot of the embellishment.

MOBDressDetail.jpb.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Since the first pic says undefined, trying again. Ok, I think it was the '' it didn''t like.

MomsMOBDress.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Well I''m glad you''re having fun trying on wedding dresses!
1.gif
I hope the pics show up on my computer soon!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
sorry sunkist, I hope they show up soon.
5.gif

So turquoise/aqua is my color scheme. I like this combo from David''s separates for my MOH (she likes strapless and I like the combination of blue & white and the tropical flowers).

TropicMOH.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
And with a different skirt.

I have other combos saved, and one-pieces in the tropic color. I said she could pick but these are my favorites and she likes the separates too.

MOHAlternative.jpg

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t see them either... boo!!
39.gif
I loooooove looking at wedding dresses!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
3.gif
Hey sarita,

Those Watters gowns are gorgeous. I like numbers 1, 4 & 5--I think the floaty fabric would move nicely on the beach. I love your mom's gown & those potential BM dresses. I posted a couple more suggestions for you on my dress thread, which I saw before I saw this thread.

I tried on a couple of charmeuse dresses (like the Nicole Miller halter gown) & they were a bit too nightgowny for me, but you might have a different experience.
3.gif

Have fun shopping & be sure to post pics of you in your top dress choices.
1.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
I love the first one you posted, with the bandeau top, for a destination wedding. The second Nicole MIller is lovely too.
emsmile.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Of the wedding dresses I like #3, 4, and 5...but I agree with you on the bow.

I like both BM dresses.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love #3, #4 (Watters) and the 3rd Nicole Miller. Gorgeous!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I like #3 the best, then the nicole miller with the crisscross back and then the first halter. though really they are all gorgeous. i personally love minimal dresses!!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ooo gorgeous dresses Sarita! I like #s 1, 3, 5, 6. I think you''ll look great in all of them!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 6:34:55 PM
Author: sarita
Next Watters:
I love the profile on this one - so elegant.

Ooooh, I tried this one on, and didn''t love it on the rack, didn''t love it when I first tried it on...but the saleswoman argued with me and insisted on pinning it right, and then I totally fell in love with it!!!
30.gif
For my body type ("basically B" too!) it was sooooo perfect and classy! It is my current front runner, although I have barely started looking and my wedding''s a year and a half away...but still, I highly recommend trying that one on!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m no help at all because I like all of them!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I think I have expensive taste because I love the lacy nicole miller dress you posted
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results