shape
carat
color
clarity

just spent hours on my knot bio!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2005 4:22
6.gif
5 AM
Author:MelissaSue
Oh my gosh. I''m such a dork. i literally just spent like 3 hours working on my knot bio.. but I added a lot of stuiff!!
If you''re bored...
http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=MelissaSue81

MelissaSue it looks great!!! I know the feeling, I''m a dork too ~ I spent an hour last night on my knottie wedding website... and I kept thinking, good grief we don''t even have a date yet & I haven''t even told my family yet, but here I am working on our wedding website???? It does look awesome though ~ great pics and very organized! One of those pics of Kennedy (I think she''s wearing red & white) really shows her looooooooooong eyelashes ~ seriously, to die for ~ almost looks like someone stuck some false lashes on that baby, very cute!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Great job on that wedding bio. You look gorgeous in that dress. I love your color scheme "pink". I hope you will get your reception site... it''s stunning. Love the BM and the flower girl dresses. The tux is a great choice. Yummy cake! Love the spring flower bouquet! It will be a lovely wedding!
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
thanks girls!!

teebee - Thanks! As for little kennedy. I KNOW!!!!!!!! aren''t her eyelashes AMAZING? They''ve been like that pretty much since she was born. My nephew had long eyelashes too.. but they weren''t THAT amazing. I''m jealous of her!! hehe She has little dimples too.. she''s gonna be such a cutie!!

heartsonfire - Thank you for all the great compliments! I''m really excited!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
You look gorgeous in your dress!!! So classy, will look fantastic in that gorgeous church and reception site! And I love that pic of your grandma...when I first scrolled onto that pic I automatically assumed that it was a picture of an old-time movie star bride! I was totally impressed when I saw that it was your grandma!
1.gif

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
I spent hours once on my knot bio, too! Then I went in to update something and accidentally deleted it all...
20.gif

Did you notice that Jeff is always on your right? (on the left side of the pics). He''s your right-hand man
9.gif
It really shows how happy you are together!

Bridesmaid dress no. 1 is my fave - very classy and pretty! The Joanie G dresses are also terrific, esp the one you tried on and liked - reminds me of my wedding dress, actually (the 250$ one you liked! We are totally dress twins). IMO the more subtle pink is better and will look less dated in pictures as time goes by. (no''s 2 and 4)

Flowergirl - none other than no. 2, that the little blondie is wearing. TOOOOOO cute! If your bridesmaid dress had darker trim this would also be awesome.

Now that I think of it, you love pink so much I am surprised you''re not wearing a Gwen Stefani-esque dress! The now+forever is perfect though so don''t you change a thing, esp the veil!!

Your reception site rocks the house.

The bouquets are nice, esp no 2, again (are you playing with my mind? Some sort of sales trick or something? I always like no. 2) I am wondering if you have considered peonies! My all-time fave pink flower:
09_lilian.jpg
peonies.jpg
066a9e10.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
honeynut - you are too cute..

Its funny.. I was sooo not a pink girl.. until about a year ago.. I loved purples.. lavendar especially.. for all my life.. And then I met my neice.. who was BORN loving pink. When she was about two and a half or Three. she went through a phase of about 6 months of wearing NOTHING BUT PINK DRESSES. Between her and just everything being pink "in style" in really grew on me.. and I began to really love it.

At first I was determined NOT to have my wedding colors be pink.. Was going to to do purple or black.. but the more I thought about it.. the more I realized that was what I really wanted... Lol.I would never wear a pink weddding gown though. I definitely want an all white dress.

Bridesmaid dress #1 is my favorite too. I''ve liked it for a long time.. And my large chested best friend seems to like it too. I have a feeling it may be the winner. I see what you mean about the strapless joanie g with the little ribbon being similar to your mori lee wedding gown. I liked it because it was simple.. probably would look good on everyone... but still pretty.. the little bow and there were some pleats I guess on back (similar to the ones shown on the 1st jaonie G halter dress) added enough detail.

As for the flowergirl dresses.. #1 and #3 are my favorites.. My neice loves #1. she says it looks like what she wears to ballet. The second one is absolutely precious too (although my father for some random reason HATES IT!).. but i think I will go with something more along the lines of #1 and #3.

lol.. peonies.. they sort of bring up negative memories for me. My mother had them planted in front of our house when I was young and they were very very very pretty..which is why I''m sure she had them planted there.. but they STUNK and they always always always had ants crawling over them.. I''d be paranoid of ants crawling out of my bouquet!!!!!!!!
I really want a cascade bouquet... but I haven''t found too many pics of ones I like..
Thanks again for all the great feedback!! I really like getting peoples opinons!

P.S. When is your wedding date again? you may have already told me this.. but i forget.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
MS- i cant see a lot of your pics!!! wahhhhhhhhhhhh
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

is it just meeeeh?!!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
MS, it looks GREAT!!! Your kitties are sooooo sweet!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
flopkins.. I think it is just you.. Try refreshing or right clicking the pics you can''t see and hitting show picture.. They have been working all day as far as I know..

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the first dessy dress that you have shown for your bridesmaids....

Actually..I think I might like that After Six one better.

So many options! Are you going to let them help you decide?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
blue- yes.. my sister and my best friend at least are going to help me decide. They are the ones that i''d be concerned about not liking some of the choices.

FSIL is soo teeny.. we tried to have her try on dresses but she was SWIMMING in the samples.. so I had to try them on instead.. She will look GREAT in anything.. She is also away at school.
7.gif

My other BM is basically the same size and shape as me.. so whatever I like she will like too.. She is living away right now too.. actually after my best friend gets married in April, my sister will be my only local bridesmaid.
7.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful, MS.
1.gif
I love that pink and black Jordan bm... but I love the Dessys too.
2.gif

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
MS, Just saw the close up of your ering on your bio(great job btw)What are the specs and I was wondering if you could show a closeup of the side stone mounting. It appears to be held in by one prong but I know that can''t be right.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
there are a bunch of pics of my ring in my original thread about it:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-finally.20404/

They are on all 3 pages

There are actually three prongs on the side stones.. but two (the insdie ones) are hidden.. they are teeny and up underneath the big prongs on the center stone. I will see if I can get a picture of them.. but i don''t know if I can.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Great bio - it''s tempting me to spend some time doing one today...but I''ve promised myself I will do no concrete wedding planning until BF proposes. All of the pics are fabulous, and you look wonderful in your dress!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Here bling girl I think this is what you are looking for..

suoercloseupside.JPG

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
MelissaSue: Beautiful site! I love the pink theme. I especially like the pics of your kitty
9.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Melissa - you're such a good bride!!! I LOVE the new and improved site! We've got only 5 months to go, and all we have decided is my dress and veil!!! Still working on reception, still working on photog, and still haven't asked all of our attendants!

I love the pink theme, with light and dark pink. I REALLY don't like flower girls in mini-white-wedding-dresses, so I am LOVING the pink ones!! I think black would be really nice as a third accent color too. Very elegant and feminine at the same time. Do you have any ideas about what the will groomsmen wear?

ETA - I forgot to add that Quinn looks just like you in her angel wings picture!!! But just like her mom in the angry-Kennedy picture! And I really like that last hairstyle you just added! That's how I want mine to be! We've got a local Nebraska Weddings magazine that comes out quarterly, and there's a girl who got married at our church last year who has hair exactly like I want it!! I'll try to scan in the pic of her if I can...

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
My mom and I just got back from shopping.. we went and looked at more bridesmaids dresses and we think we have narrowed things down a little bit.

The top favorite dresses are..

icekid

Ideal_Rock
fun MS!!! i love all of the pictures... and thanks for the shea''s info on the other thread, i finally remembered to check back there. we''re not getting married until 2007 i think so i''ve got some time, but it''s nice to start thinking about it!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
totally hit the wrong button there

1999_princess.jpg

We really liked this one.. It seems very wearable.. and we LOVED this color on the swatch.

a6244_petalpink.jpg

Loved this one too. It was the first time we'd seen it in person.. THe fabric is really nice.

414_8725_large.jpg

This one.. its really flattering.. but I'm not really sure about the shade of pink it comes in.. it almost looks too flesh-toned. And I think my best friend would be happier not in strapless.

We sort of ruled out the vivian diamond (its not that wearable.. you need cleavage.. yet you can't wear a bra).. I felt very flat-chested.. (wore my non push up bra today.. silly me).. and the Dessy with the little empire waist and sweetheart neckline (it will be too full in the skirt.. when its long.. )

Edit - Oh yeah.. we also ruled out the 2nd bari jay in my profile.. It looks icky on..with the dropped waist.. I liked the color contrast pattern though..

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
JCJD - I hate mini-bride flowergirl dresses too. they freak me out.. they even have ones with full trains and everything.. way way creepy. We saw the cutest teeny-tiny baby pink flower girl dress today.. but its only infant sizes... and I won''t really have an infant by the time my wedding comes along. Its cute that you think quinn looks like me in that pic.. She really doesn''t look like me..but I sort of see what you mean in that picture.. its the facial expression I think. She looks more and more like my sister the older she gets though. All three of them looked the same as babies.. and its only as they get older that they start to look a little different. I can''t wait to take Quinn and put her in flowergirl dresses. I have a feeling she will have a big part in this dress decision.

allycat- THanks! I love my kitty pictures too. sometimes I think I have too many in there. but how could I take any out?!

icekid- Thank you! No problem on the sheas info.. Just be careful with the event planner lady!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
MS, those BM dresses are great!! As much as I like the ribbon trim on #3, I think I prefer #1 and 2...both are gorgeous. Maybe I have just a hair of preference towards 1? Perhaps a little more timeless? But they are SO pretty!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
blueroses -
I love them too.. The first one i think is my favorite too. I''ve liked it for a long time. I told my mom i wanted to wear it home today! And the color on that one is DEFINITELY my favorite..
The second one... is really nice.. but I''m not as sure about the colors.. there were two pinks that were in my range of acceptability.. I think I acually preffered a darker pink in that fabric..

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I can''t help but sympathize a little and say that #1 would flatter your bridesmaid ''Beth'' (was it) better and would therefore choose it - plus it seems more tailored whilst the other appears kind of flimsy. But that''s just my $.02.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Love your knot bio!! :)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
erin- #1 was beths pick from the pictures too! she hasn''t tried any on though... Its tough.. because she is getting married this april. soo I don''t want to bug her with my wedding plans too much. But she is moving after her wedding so I''d like her to at least try a few on before she goes. I''m sure we''ll get to go at least once before she goes. So hopefully we can get some idea. I won''t order until at least this summer though.

Treysar - I see your posts on the knot alll the time!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Melissa: I love the updated bio. And I agree with you BM dress #1 is beautiful. By the way you got me hooked going through the knot website. I was online for hours yesterday! Was fun though!
9.gif

and guess who's bio I bumped into...

Honeynut: love your dress and that you are making your wedding on your own. Your cake looks yummy... I'd love to have a slice of that and a glass of your lavender martini. Your menu sounds delicious.
1.gif
By the way bf loves your name "honynut"!
2.gif

May I just say you both will have the time of your life on your wedding day. You both will make such lovely brides.

PS: I am so fortunate to have met such sweet people here at PS. The LIW ladies and gent are truly genuine.
I was a little shocked going through the knot site... there were some strange and rude people in there.
It made me realize how lucky we are in here at PS.
21.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
heartsonfire - I know... the knot boards are horrible. People can be downright nasty for no reason. I like PS sooooooooo much better.

I really should just make my own wedding website off of the knot..I could do a better job there...

I just wish I had learned HTML better. Or remembered it better I guess. I taught myself some in high school, and then I took it as an online web class in college as an elective. It was SOOOOO easy.. and you could cheat your way through it since it was online.. so I didnt really absorb much. i have the book, so I could reteach myself.. but do I really have the patience?

Anyone know of any good hosting sites that are free, but don''t have ridiculously low bandwith limits? I have an old geocities site.. but its ridiculous.

Honeynut - Just looked at your bio again... I really adore that dress (I saw it again today while shopping). I wish I could have both mine and yours! Did you get it for $250? Its $350 at my bridal shop.. but it was $250 on Houseofbrides.com I think. But no no no.. I cannot have two dresses. I love my dress too much not to wear it all night.

All - I just found this cute pic of Jeff and I (he is finally on the other side of me!)
47b5df05b3127cce9f43a5879c2b00000026108Aat2Tlq0bN6

Its obviously from the Hall of Fame induction in canton this summer. It was on my PC but in a different spot than the rest of my pics and I''d sort of forgotten about it.. but Jeff showed me that he was carrying it in his binder for school (awwwwwww) so I decided I need to put it online!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results