shape
carat
color
clarity

Just returned from Vegas proposal - here''''s my story!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pt_Fwd

Rough_Rock
I picked my girlfriend up from her office in San Francisco around 12:30pm on Valentine''s Day. I asked her previously to take the afternoon off and pack an over-night bag while floating a story about a possible trip to Napa to lead her away from the trail. The real plan was to fly out to Vegas for dinner at Mix (on top of THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay); catch Ka, Cirque du Soleil at the MGM Grand; and carry out the proposal at the ballroom where we met at our mutual friends'' wedding reception. When she got in the car, I asked her is she was ready to head out to Napa, and she replied, "Yes, it''s such a beautiful day!" My response: "Well, too bad, ''cause we''re not going to Napa...... We''re going to Vegas!" It took a minute for that to sink in; in fact, she might still be in shock.

Dinner at Mix was awesome. The decor is jaw-droppingly impressive and the food was executed perfectly. We had to rush the service a bit due to the short time between the start of dinner (6pm) and the beginning of the show (7:30pm). Of course, we had no problems polishing off all four courses plus the amuse bouche & candy course after dessert in that span. The staging & costumes for Ka was fantastic although it lacked a lot of the acrobatic spectacle that one usually associates with a Cirque du Soleil show.

After the show, I suggested that we stroll through Mandalay Bay to stretch our legs and walk off the large dinner. During our walk, we "happened" to
pass by the Islander Ballroom, the site of our first meeting, and I led her inside despite her worries about us trespassing and getting into hot water. There were several members of their staff setting up the room for a conference the following day, but they didn''t shoo us out of there since I had notified the event planner at the convention center of my plans beforehand. With the stage set, I took my girlfriend''s left hand, slipped the ring which had been sitting in my pants pocket all night on her finger, dropped to one knee, and asked her to marry me. Surprisingly, she held the tears at bay and instead unleashed a flurry of hugs & kisses interlaced with "Oh my god!"s.

It was a certainly a plan long in preparation and elaborate in execution, but seeing the happiness on my fiancee''s face made it all worthwhile. Mission accomplished!

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Man that was so awesome, congrads on getting engaged. Im really glad to hear it went off without a hitch. I can only imagine how hard it was to keep it a secret and all of that. I know when my time comes I will have to really bite my tounge.
Did you get stopped at all by security going into the airport to fly to LV? Just was wondering how that works.
Again, congrads Im really glad to hear that it worked out so perfectly and that you are now engaged.
Good luck with everything.

Phil

Pt_Fwd

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

I had some concerns about the security check for the flight as well. It would''ve been a major downer to have planned everything out and then have a clueless screener point out the ring on the x-ray to ruin the surprise. I usually travel with a small bag to hold/protect things like my camera, iPod, etc. For this trip, I had the ring (in the box) in the bag inside my carry-on and it went through without any problems. Hope that helps.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! What a sweet proposal!!
36.gif
9.gif
Do you have pics of the ring?
31.gif
27.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! You know we need pictures now.
36.gif
36.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Congrats - sounds like everything went off without a hitch!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And I agree - now show us some pictures!!
2.gif
1.gif
2.gif

Pt_Fwd

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone!

You can see photos of the ring at this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-back-from-vegas-valentines-engagement.40381/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results