shape
carat
color
clarity

Just purchased a ring! Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pizzaboy

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I just purchased the exact ring my girlfriend picked out. (Better to be safe than sorry, right). See actually doesn''t think see is going to receive the ring she picked out because she doesn''t expect me to spend as much money as I did. So I know see will be VERY excited.
Anyway, I''m not very creative at all. I''m having a very hard time figuring out how to poop the question. I know that see will want it to be private, not in a restaurant or around a bunch of people. I am considering pooping the question during a picnic. There is a beautiful private park that we visit a couple times a year; it has flowers everywhere, small waterfalls, streams, and seems like the perfect place. But, I don''t just want to pull the ring out of my pocket and ask her to marry me. I want it to be memorable. But, I''m having a VERY hard time coming up with any good ideas. Anyone have any creative ideas on how to poop the question during a picnic? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/9/2004 12:33:21 AM pizzaboy wrote:

I'm having a very hard time figuring out how to poop the question.........

Anyone have any creative ideas on how to poop the question during a picnic? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
----------------

Hmm...the best help I can offer is to tell you not to POOP the question, but rather POP the question. That would definitely be a better scenario.

2.gif

All kidding aside...your idea of the park with the waterfall sounds lovely. Do the picnic ideal...surprise her...just tell her she is spending the afternoon with you, pack up the basket with food from a favorite restaurant or something or all her favorite foods...and then after you have eaten...possibly say something romantic or give her a card...or ?

Possibly you can work the ring into a dessert idea. I don't know if you watch Queer Eye...but one guy had a great proposal where had little chocolate boxes made up for the desserts and he put her favorite sweets in two of them and then the third one had a ring box!

I don't really know you and your gal and what you like...but if its from the heart and you put thought into it, it will be special. I love picnics personally, choose a good spot and do something fun for the ring/proposal...it seems good to me!

1.gif

Just stay away from poop.
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Ha! Mara - yeah, no poop.

That said, I think it's sweet that you bought exactly the ring she wanted. That in itself speaks volumes. I think the park, or any other place that may be special is gravy on the proposal in general.

Good luck!

pizzaboy

Rough_Rock
LOL!!!

I must have been REALLY tired last night when I typed that post
1.gif
I definitely don't want to "poop" the question!!!

Anyway, dessert is the only idea I've come up with so far. I just want it to be a complete suprise. I would love to find a box of chocolates that the ring box would fit in; have'nt found one yet. I want to ask her this Saturday; but I have to come up with a good idea by then. Any ideas how I could incorporate the ring into some kind of dessert???

Thanks

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think your idea is lovely!!
love.gif

As for dessert, it's the best time, because she's not anticipating anything...and then dessert, and WHAMO! You could always have champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert...blind fold (Silk blindfold or make her close her eyes) her with the champagne glass in her hand and tell her you will feed her strawberries...as you feed her strawberries, tell her to take off the blind, or to open her eyes, be on your knees, and SLOWLY open the box....that might do it.
2.gif

You can also have the picnic waiting for her when you get there (if you have a GOOD friend
2.gif
) and me personally, I would NOT put the ring in the champagne or the dessert. If you put it on your finger, it should NOT be in your food! That's just me...But Mara's cholocate box idea is also a nice touch! Either way, good luck!
naughty.gif
love.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only one concerned that someone may actually end up eating the diamond. In that case, it really would be a "poop the question."

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
F&I..LMAO Oh my god, I got an awful visual on that one! Maybe if it were a loose diamond, but with a ring, I would hope you chew enough to feel that one!!! Hee Hee!

Seriously, I just thought of something, what is her favorite dessert? That would be a nice touch? Or if she has a favorite bakery? You could get an extra box and first serve her the ring in the bakery box, and enjoy the REAL one when she says YES!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I'm not a fan of putting the ring in places where it could too easily be eaten...but I liked the choco box thing because it had the ring box IN IT..so when she opened it...she was like..oh my god! Because we all know what a ring box in a chocolate heart means.
2.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I laughed SO HARD when I read this thread last night. Seriously, my husband came in from the other room asking what was the matter. Sorry pizzaboy, but you really gave me a great laugh last night. There were tears streaming down my face. My favorite part was all the pooping during the picnic. Oh, too funny. My husband suggests that you eat more fiber....
2.gif

Back to your question....The picnic sounds lovely! What a wonderful idea. I actually don't think there's anything wrong with just pulling the ring out of your pocket and pooping the question (sorry! I couldn't resist). The scenery is already going to be super-romantic and special. Any proposal will WOW her as long as you are very sincere and thoughtful.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and about a box of chocolates that would fit the box etc...they do have really large boxes at chocolatier shops...you can remove some of the items and put the box into the middle...there are lots of ways!
1.gif
Got any chocolate places locally? They can be really creative with chocolate...maybe even make up a cute little chocolate box that has some meaning to you both, like a little car that looks like hers, or a picnic basket, or something else that would be 'related' to your relationship, then you can put the ring inside that.

pizzaboy

Rough_Rock
LOL
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

When I woke up this morning and read my post from the prevoius evening I almost fell out of my chair laughing. I couldn't beleive I typed that. Too bad I don't drink; I could blame the mistake on alcohol. But to be honest, I was just really tired and typed the post very quickly before I went to bed, and as you can tell, I didn't proof read!

I think I'm going to save this post and show it to my girlfriend after I "poop" the question. She will get a kick out of it. I'm laughing so hard right now I can hardly type...

Anyway, thanks for all the ideas. They have been a big help. I think I'm going to look into the chocolate box idea... Any other ideas would be great.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's a great idea to show her this thread. Not only is it a good laugh, but I think it's really sweet. It will show her how much thought you put in to the proposal.

I think you also deserve some brownie points for your ability to laugh at yourself. Not everyone has that kind of grace and confidence.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
"Brownie" points...pooping the question, fiber...really people!!! LOL
9.gif
naughty.gif

You could have a little cake with the words written in icing..."will you marry me?"

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Pizzaboy...

Thank you so much for the laugh, and you are a great sport to laugh at it too!
1.gif

I love the picnic idea. It sounds so romantic! Godiva makes a truffle box that may be big enough to put the ring box in one square of it.

I am also a fan of maybe doing breakfast in bed... and giving it to her that way. Maybe wake up, tell her to stay in bed...and bring her a nice tray of goodies. Ask her if you can get her anything else. If she says she's fine, then ask her if she wouldn't mind doing something for you? Then ask her if she would do you the honor of being your wife.
love.gif
I get all tingly thinking about that idea. Sigh.

Whatever way you choose, good luck and Congrats! I can't wait to see the ring.

-Sarah
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results