shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

olyelr

Rough_Rock
Hi all... I''ve been lurking here for about 3 months - since we got engaged. My fiance designed our rings and we had them custom made and finally(!) received them yesterday! Here they are! My e-ring and his w-ring.

My question for all of you is - what band would look good with my e-ring?

Now stats...
The center stone on mine is
Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 0.71
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 70.7%
Table: 72%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Slightly thick to very thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 4.99*4.99*3.53
Ratio: 1.00

The rubies and diamonds are 1.5mm. I couldn''t tell you the stats on them, just size.
Both rings are platinum.
thanks in advance!
OlYelr

ringkk.JPG

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- those are totally unique and very cool!
Could you have a thinner version of his w-band made for your w-band? perhaps w/ a notch so it fits w/ your e-ring?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
another thing to think about would be having a w-band made to fit w/ your e-ring where the one edge would fit w/ your e-ring and maybe the other edge would have a zig-zag edge like what is engraved in your ring- that way the w-band could stand alone.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
it's just gorgeous! That’s completely my style as well. I agree that perhaps getting another band like his but thinner made with a notch would be a good way to go, otherwise you just need to get out there and start trying some on!!!! Congrats on your engagement and your beautiful ring!

ETA: The zigzag Idea could look pretty awesome as well :)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh those rings are fantastic! I know you probably want to wear a separate wedding band, but I think your ring would look incredible worn all by itself.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
if i'd do a wedding band, a very thin diamond encrusted - either pave or shared prong - would look nice, but i'm not sure i'd wear another band with it.

olyelr

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advice. I will probably just wear the e-ring with no extra band but thought I''d see if you guys came up with something more creative than I had. I am thinking about a thin eternity band with alternating princess-cut rubies and diamonds. I know it won''t sit flush but that''s okay. The band on my e-ring is 6.1mm at the top so it''s already pretty wide.

I don''t think any more custom rings are in the budget at the moment.....

:)

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ok- I didn''t know if another custom was an option.
I saw this the other day when I was browsing and it''s something that might look cool w/ your ring-
rubyprincess.jpg
rubyprincess2.jpg

It''s from antiqueengagementrings.com is pretty reasonably priced and you could probably order it w/o the milgraining to have it go w/ your modern styled rings. You should call them and see if they could make it w/o the milgraining. I think that the princess rubies set like that would look fantastic with your e-ring!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get the band made in the same place and same style and here are a few ideas:

get a thin band in the same material/finish with no stones but just the same wavy line as your fiance''s band

get a thin plain band in that finish

get a thin band studded with rubies or rubies and diamonds or diamonds - just across in a row

I kinda like the plain band idea but he wavy line could be nice too... I would definitely go thinner and possibl get two bands maybe one diamond and one rubies - no mater what you do I would keep the same finish.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 9:55:26 AM
Author: dtnyc
Wow- those are totally unique and very cool!
Could you have a thinner version of his w-band made for your w-band? perhaps w/ a notch so it fits w/ your e-ring?
oh does it need a notch? hmmm.. I guess that nix''s the thin band idea.... I thought the diamond/square part was the only part stcking out - I can''t tell from the photos now ::crosses eyes::

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 9:57:06 AM
Author: dtnyc
another thing to think about would be having a w-band made to fit w/ your e-ring where the one edge would fit w/ your e-ring and maybe the other edge would have a zig-zag edge like what is engraved in your ring- that way the w-band could stand alone.
that''s good too - and yanno, the more I look at it the more it really sings stand alone to me - I''d likely not get anything at all. It is designed in a way that it already looks like a wedding band - with a rock in it!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 10:21:23 AM
Author: olyelr
Thanks for all the advice. I will probably just wear the e-ring with no extra band but thought I''d see if you guys came up with something more creative than I had. I am thinking about a thin eternity band with alternating princess-cut rubies and diamonds. I know it won''t sit flush but that''s okay. The band on my e-ring is 6.1mm at the top so it''s already pretty wide.

I don''t think any more custom rings are in the budget at the moment.....

:)
I don''t think anything you can buy off the shelf is going to do that ring justice.... I would stop wearing it and not wear it until my wedding day and just consider it my wedding ring :D

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow, congratulations on your engagemnt. I think your rings are FAB, so clever of you guys to come up with a design that''s all your own. Way to go!

I agree with Cehrabehra, a thin band in the same finish with a wavy line or something like that would look fantastic.

a

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Very unique, spunky, creative design! I really love how the rings complement each other yet are each gorgeous on their own!

As to this KRAZZZEEE comment
3.gif

Date: 1/10/2007 10:48:15 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
I would stop wearing it and not wear it until my wedding day and just consider it my wedding ring :D

SAY WHA????
38.gif
9.gif

I''d suggest you do what I *wanted* to do .. which is wear the e-ring while engaged and let it "upgrade itself" to your wedding ring at the ceremony. Just take it off before hand and use that during. My DH was all NO WAY -- but perhaps yours will understand as your rings are designed as a set!

I also like the idea of a 2mm notched band in the same finish, by the same designer. He''d most likely need your e-ring back to make it, but you could probably wait until a couple months before the wedding to order it ... start saving! (Ha! As if that''s possible while planning a wedding
2.gif
)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool design, congrats!!!!

olyelr

Rough_Rock
Posted by decodelighted -- "He'd most likely need your e-ring back to make it, but you could probably wait until a couple months before the wedding to order it ... start saving! (Ha! As if that's possible while planning a wedding)"

HA! A couple months before the wedding... we're getting married in 5 weeks (from today!). Talk about planning...

I'll keep wearing it. We agreed that we could both wear them but he has decided that since boys don't wear e-rings that he'd wait on his. He wore it for an hour yesterday to try it out.

I'll just wait and get something for an anniversary gift in a few years ;-)

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are wonderful and unique. I love the addition of the rubies. I think your e-ring can definitely stand on it own.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
That is the most unique ring I have ever seen. How cool!! I think it is beautiful! :)

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
I love it. It is really original. Enjoy it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, cool setting! I love square stones set diagonally, very lovely. I think it makes them look bigger as well...but I''m not sure why.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your rings. They are truly unique. Did I mention that I love them? Alone or with a small thin band to match if possible. I don''t think you could mess up that set.

shay

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I completely love them!!!! They are so unique and you KNOW that no one else has these rings!

I am a bit of a traditionalist, so it would bother me not having a wedding band or something that could resemble a wedding and some form of e-ring. I COMPLETELY agree with dtnyc on the options!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are GORGEOUS!!!!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
That is so neat! I bet you get a lot of compliments on it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool rings!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
You ring so soooooooooooooo cool!! I LOVE it!! I love that you and your husband will have matching rings. There is something just SO sweet about matching rings.

I agree with what other people were saying...would a thin band in the same finish, with a notch be that pricey? If you wanted to add sparkle maybe something with just the wave design and a few rubies? I think it would look great! I know you said it''s not in your budget right now but these are your wedding rings!!! I would save up for it!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, both rings are beautiful!! Can''t believe I missed this thread before!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
awesome ring! i really like the band that dtnyc posted, i think that would look really cool with ur ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results