shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got my diamond!!!! Full review here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
This morning, a beautiful diamond arrived at my office. After four months of searching, my diamond hunt is over. What words do you use to describe one of the worlds most beautiful diamonds? It's fantastic. Go to the mall and ask to see one of their best stones under their high powered lights. That's what my stone looks like with no lights on in my office. I'm in love twice over - first with my girl, and now with my, I mean her, diamond.
1.gif

My story begins on Dec 24th. I had been hunting for diamonds for a long time, and Kay jewelers had a deal where you got $100 off future purchases for each $300 you spend. I purchased a 1.5 ct Leo diamond, intending to trade it up and use about $4000 in coupons to purchase the size and quality I really wanted. The coupons couldn't be used until the end of January so I had Kay find the stone I wanted during that time. Every day, I looked at the Leo diamond I owned and the more I looked at it, the worse it looked. Something just seemed wrong about it. When it was time to trade up, Kay quoted me a ridiculous amout for the diamond I wanted. I felt that because I had the coupons, the just added $4000 to the price of the stone. Upset, I told them that I needed a better price or I couldn't get the diamond I wanted. I tried to return the diamond but they asked for more time, and promised to look around for a "deal" from their supplier. I gave them two weeks and during that time, I really started looking around pricescope. I found significantly better prices for better stones, and armed with my new knowledge, I went back to Kay a few days shy of their 2 week deadline. Their manager promised they were just about to find my stone, and tried to get me to not return the Leo. When I told them about the prices I was able to find on pricescope, I was told every sales pitch in the book. I didn't buy it, and returned my stone.

I submitted my information through pricescope to get some quotes and usacerteddiamonds found a stone that did interest me - a 1.73 ct E VS1 superbcert. It was everything I wanted, except I was looking for a VS2 because the VS1 price was just out of my price range. I was dealing with Julie at USACertedDiamonds, who was such a wonderful person to work with. Very sweet, attentive, and responsive. I requested additional information about the stone that was not available over the web site and I received it right away.

I also contacted Jonathan at goodoldgold, who answered every question I asked about diamonds and really took time to educate me. For that, I am extremely grateful. I plan on one other diamond purchase before I am married, and he'll be one of the two people I call.

Which leads me to the next person in my story, Barry from superbcert. I felt more comfortable purchasing directly from superbcert so I contacted Barry and told him I had been dealing with usacerteddiamonds but wished to purchase from him. I received the same excellent service from Barry that I had received from the other dealers.

After much searching and stressing, I sent two stones to RocDoc. A superclean 1.59 D VS1 from goodoldgold and a 1.73 E VS1 from superbcert. RocDoc, Bill, was a tremendous help in assessing the two stones. Since they were both beautiful, the final decision came down to size. RocDoc really does answer every question you have just like he says he will. Even after I paid, I believe we've talked 3 times and each time I was taken care of very well. He was very fair with what he charged for comparing the two stones for me as well, which I appreciated. If there was one part of the experience I did not like, it was that I was unaware that I would be charged shipping on the stones leaving RocDoc. It makes sense, but overnight shipping and insurance on the two stones was about $140, and I never accounted for that. However, I know more about my diamond that I will ever need....which is just enough
1.gif

Once I decided on the superbcert, I really expected the exceptional service I was getting from Barry to decline. I expected him to move on to other sales and let an assistant deal with me. I could not have been more wrong. From here on out I was amazed. Barry truely bent over backwards trying to meet my every request, including a valentines day deadline. Now here it is, a few days before valentines, and I have everything Barry promised. I am so happy, I feel like I have one of the most beautiful diamonds anyone will ever see. I have gotten no work done since it arrived, since all I do is stare at it.

Thank you to everyone who has helped in the process.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!! Congrats
appl.gif
!!! The diamonds sounds beautiful! And what a great story!!

Giangi

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The stone sounds absolutely wonderful! Congratulations on getting it. Now remember, one day you will have to part with the diamond. haha My fiance keeps saying the stone is on loan to me. haha Goofy man!

Judy
:)

Lugus

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 2/11/2003 3:15:13 PM ccuheartnurse wrote:
The stone sounds absolutely wonderful! Congratulations on getting it. Now remember, one day you will have to part with the diamond. haha My fiance keeps saying the stone is on loan to me. haha Goofy man!

Judy
:)----------------
I almost titled the post "Barry at the superbcert made me break up with my girl", planning on talking about how much I wanted to keep the stone for myself. I just didn't want anyone glancing through the forum to get the wrong idea
1.gif

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
bah, having no fun posting pictures....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Lugus--I am so happy to hear that your story ended on a very positive note with the stone you chose!! The final options were all great if I recall correctly. Post pictures!!

My SO joked that he wanted the ring made to fit both my ring finger and his pinky in case he wanted to wear it, or if I was 'bad'. Ha Ha too bad...it doesn't even go over his knuckle, but he still tries to wear it.
9.gif

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
This picture was taken by RocDoc. I should point out this used to be a very large hi-rez picture, so the blurryness came when I reduced the size.

Lugusdiamond2.gif

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
This one was done by Barry....it shows the temporary setting and a nice side view.

Lugusdiamond3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOD that is BEAUTIFUL! Really. That second picture blew me away, gorgeous stone, looks absolutely amazing in the thin setting!!

Send me the original picture that RD took and I will try to resize it in Photoshop and keep the great resolution.

2.gif
M

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Outstanding! Beautiful diamond, and an excellently written story!

I had the same sentiments coming away from Barry as you. Class act...

Don't forget the pictures of the finished ring when you have it!!!

-Tim

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Here are some quick pictures I took with an "el cheapo" web cam. Definately shows off the shine factor.

Lugusdiamond4.gif

Leanne

Shiny_Rock
Your diamond is BEAUTIFUL! Excellent choice!

barry

Shiny_Rock
Lugus;

It was our great pleasure working with you
and we're happy at your joy and excitement.

On behalf of Judah and the staff
Best wishes and regards,
wavey.gif

Barry
www.superbcert.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results