shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for fun

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Websailor snapped this picture last night at our Holiday Orchestra Concert. This is a close-up of my flute (and some of my bling
12.gif
). For you musically inclined I play on a Wm. S. Haynes flute with an extra C# trill key. (I know, gibberish to you diamond lovers).
I followed Wink and Jennifer''s advice and wore my two diamond tennis bracelets.

small PC041514b flute.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
That pear is just awesome...and you wear the 2 bracelets well.
30.gif

You know my motto--if you've got it, enjoy it!
9.gif
1.gif
12.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Very nice!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
John (fellow musician), actually I have an open hole silver body (only plated keys) Gemeinhardt as my camping (aka backup) flute. One time the scout master heard me playing and asked if I would play at their campfire program that night. I politely declined.

I am not really into pearls although I did pick up a tear drop shaped (too cheap to pay for a round) peacock colored Tahitian Pearl when we visited the islands last April.

South Sea Pearls are nice but $200-300K for a strand is a little out of my league.

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful beautiful! I was just reading the thread on people''s preferences between platinum and gold. I am struck at how beautiful yellow gold looks on your skin. i do think the two bracelets together are a nice touch.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 5:31:41 PM
Author: iceprincess
I am struck at how beautiful yellow gold looks on your skin. i do think the two bracelets together are a nice touch.
Yes--very rich and beautiful look on you. Plus, I always think YG makes a white (D-H) diamond "pop." I like both metals for diamonds.
1.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 5:27:52 PM
Author: cflutist
John (fellow musician), actually I have an open hole silver body (only plated keys) Gemeinhardt as my camping (aka backup) flute. One time the scout master heard me playing and asked if I would play at their campfire program that night. I politely declined.

I am not really into pearls although I did pick up a tear drop shaped (too cheap to pay for a round) peacock colored Tahitian Pearl when we visited the islands last April.

South Sea Pearls are nice but $200-300K for a strand is a little out of my league.

Ah! The reliable old Gemeinhardt. Come on... Don''t you think the little scouts would have loved some Syrinx or Partita in a minor with their s''mores? Maybe a duet for you and the harmonica? (''scuse me while I get THAT sound outta my head...Magical Trevor here I come)
1.gif
I had the opposite problem growing up with mezzo-mom...She took every possible opportunity to perform, appropriate or not. A true primadona. Anyone''s birthday was her opp to harmonize!

Websailor''s going to be in trouble if ever a flute company produces a "diamond" headjoint.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I''M BLIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I''M BLIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriiouslu though love
30.gif
your sparkles. They are soooooooooooooooooooo stunning
36.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2004 9:36:51 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Websailor''s going to be in trouble if ever a flute company produces a ''diamond'' headjoint.
Actually, I believe James Galway has diamonds embedded all the way around the "crown" of his Muramatsu headjoint. I''ve seen pictures of it. We should ask him if they are ideally cut?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
those stage lights make diamonds really sparkle. when Greg plays in the symphony, sometimes I can catch the sparkling glimpses of gals' rings and jewelry on stage. musicians for the most part aren't really bling junkies though--unfortunately! it'd make the concerts more interesting for me if they were.
9.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
And cflutist made sure she showed a picture of Galway''s gold flute to me!!!! Fortunately I was basically broke at the time....

The scout incident was hilarious. While cflutist was playing the theme from Titanic and other popular music, the scouts were creeping thru the trees from their campsite (about 200 feet away) to ours... I first caught a glimpse of one dashing from behind a tree to another tree...that caught my attention, but cflutist was paying attention to her music so she missed it. As I kept watching, I relaized that there were about 30 scouts doing that.....the scoutmasters finally noticed their camp was emptying out and that we were surrounded...

That''s when one of the scoutmasters came over to our camp and asked her to play at their campfire that night. Actually he asked a number of times - he really wanted her to play! That''s when she first saw the scouts who were now about 30 feet away.

When she realized that she had an audience, she turned the color of a nice ruby.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 10
6.gif
3:32 PM
Author: Mara
those stage lights make diamonds really sparkle. when Greg plays in the symphony, sometimes I can catch the sparkling glimpses of gals' rings and jewelry on stage. musicians for the most part aren't really bling junkies though--unfortunately! it'd make the concerts more interesting for me if they were.
9.gif

When I sit in audience, there's a nice twinkle going on as I look past the conductor into the flute section!
36.gif
And that was before (!!!) she got her new bracelet!

BTW - she thinks her e-ring is getting smaller the longer we're married.... What am I going to do?
17.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Great camping story WS. "Titanic??" (smirk) now THAT is a different mental picture than I had! (picturing suite of ancient baroque lit or hard-to-get-to french studies to easily confound the most stout scout). No wonder she was popular among the poplars!

BTW - she thinks her e-ring is getting smaller the longer we''re married.... What am I going to do?
17.gif

If you can answer that one & write a book, you''ll sell a million copies.

(say, then you could upgrade!)
31.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 10:20:42 PM
Author: websailor

BTW - she thinks her e-ring is getting smaller the longer we're married.... What am I going to do?
17.gif
Aaaaah the shrinkage.........
8.gif
say it ain't soooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Websailor you silly boy, what else do you think you *should* do?
11.gif

Cflutist, as a scout mom who has attended many a camp, I can only tell you how much those scouts would have indeed appreciated your gracing them with an impromptu performance. Maybe next time. Would you have said yes if kmom herself asked?
12.gif
On your next trip to the Big Island, I can surely arrange that. We don't even have to make it at camp. Our weekly den meeting will do.
2.gif

Your diamond bracelets and rings looks splendid on your hands, holding your precious instrument.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 2
6.gif
6:10 AM
Great camping story WS. 'Titanic??' (smirk) now THAT is a different mental picture than I had! (picturing suite of ancient baroque lit or hard-to-get-to french studies to easily confound the most stout scout). No wonder she was popular among the poplars!

Well vacations are for fun! She leaves her normal music home and just takes the easy, "who cares if it gets messed up" music camping....

In my 7+ years with her, when it comes to classical music, there's only a handful of pieces that she's told me she needed to practice because she hadn't played it before....

She and her friends have "flute fests" at our house (and sometimes theirs), where they just pick a piece and they all sight read it and play....totally amazing to me!

BTW, besides diamonds, musical stuff is also something I can't possibly buy for her...not sure which she is pickier about - diamonds or music. A few Christmas's ago, I finally found a solution - got her a gift card at Byron Hoyt (sheet music store in SF).

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful! I can''t decide what I would choose, the huge pear or the amazing bracelets! I hope you had fun at your concert. My daughters is coming up soon. By the way, she sang, My heart will go on at her talent show and won! This year ive begged her to sing RES''s version of Miracles by Jefferson Starship....Oh, I know I cant move on from the 70''s.....ha ha! Glad you posted a photo of your beautiful jewelry. Where is your face though? You need of photo of Websailor and you!
emteeth.gif

Best,

Lori

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 10:20:42 PM

Date: 12/5/2004 10
6.gif
3:32 PM
Author: Mara
those stage lights make diamonds really sparkle. when Greg plays in the symphony, sometimes I can catch the sparkling glimpses of gals'' rings and jewelry on stage. musicians for the most part aren''t really bling junkies though--unfortunately! it''d make the concerts more interesting for me if they were.
9.gif

When I sit in audience, there''s a nice twinkle going on as I look past the conductor into the flute section!
36.gif
And that was before (!!!) she got her new bracelet!

BTW - she thinks her e-ring is getting smaller the longer we''re married.... What am I going to do?
17.gif

Well Websailor- she has the pear, marquise (oval I think)

Now it''s time for the 4ct RB!!!!!!!!!!!! D SI1 ofcourse

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2004 12:41:54 PM
Author: yellowfan
Where is your face though? You need of photo of Websailor and you!
emteeth.gif

Best,

Lori
Well websailor did post our wedding picture on his "Yikes, he thought he had 6 months to save" thread.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2004 1:33:59 PM
Author: sevens one

Now it's time for the 4ct RB!!!!!!!!!!!! D SI1 ofcourse
LOL ! I've been told to expect a special piece of mail from the jeweler's where she went to a "Girls Night Out" show.... something about her trying on a 8.73ct Pear (or is that a teardrop?) I-VS2 pendant. She said that they had free drinks and finger foods.... tried to downplay the price.... mumble, mumble, mumble... $200,200 is what I think she was saying!

I don't think I can get it - her Xmas stocking is large, and small boxes like this would come in won't go far enough to fill it up....

11.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2004 9
6.gif
8:32 PM

Date: 12/7/2004 1:33:59 PM

Now it''s time for the 4ct RB!!!!!!!!!!!! D SI1 ofcourse
LOL ! I''ve been told to expect a special piece of mail from the jeweler''s where she went to a ''Girls Night Out'' show.... something about her trying on a 8.73ct Pear (or is that a teardrop?) I-VS2 pendant. She said that they had free drinks and finger foods.... tried to downplay the price.... mumble, mumble, mumble... $200,200 is what I think she was saying!

I don''t think I can get it - her Xmas stocking is large, and small boxes like this would come in won''t go far enough to fill it up....

11.gif

Now that sounds like my kind of "girls night out!"

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2004 9:55:39 PM

Now that sounds like my kind of 'girls night out!'
I had a grand old time. It was a private party at a local upscale jeweler by invitation only. The men had to wait outside (no kidding ... websailor told me some of the men were joking around out there). Its not every day I get to try on a 8.73 ct pear pendant, or a 7.02 ct G-VS2 Cushion ring (only $210,152).

One of the things they did was to photograph you with your favorite piece which they would later send the picture of to your husband. I chose the "flower necklace" by Kwiat, 20.63 ct GH-VS set with pears, marquise and RBs in platinum. Now that piece we could afford, but I would never spend that much money on one piece of jewelry.

They also had the Daniel K, Leslie Greene, and Roberto Coin Collection there for viewing. I must say, since I am older than most of you, the Kwiat Collection is more to my liking.

BTW, that pear was large but I think my pear has a better girdle outline and thus better shape appeal. I also noticed that it had a slightly wavy girdle
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 12:48:37 AM

Date: 12/7/2004 9:55:39 PM

Now that sounds like my kind of ''girls night out!''
I had a grand old time. It was a private party at a local upscale jeweler by invitation only. The men had to wait outside (no kidding ... websailor told me some of the men were joking around out there). Its not every day I get to try on a 8.73 ct pear pendant, or a 7.02 ct G-VS2 Cushion ring (only $210,152).

One of the things they did was to photograph you with your favorite piece which they would later send the picture of to your husband. I chose the ''flower necklace'' by Kwiat, 20.63 ct GH-VS set with pears, marquise and RBs in platinum. Now that piece we could afford, but I would never spend that much money on one piece of jewelry.

They also had the Daniel K, Leslie Greene, and Roberto Coin Collection there for viewing. I must say, since I am older than most of you, the Kwiat Collection is more to my liking.

BTW, that pear was large but I think my pear has a better girdle outline and thus better shape appeal. I also noticed that it had a slightly wavy girdle
2.gif
That sounds wonderful. I went to a "trunk show" Saturday night and I''m still "High" from it. JB Star, Coast, Christopher Designs, Martin Flyer, Precision Set= it was a grand time.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 12:50:37 PM
Author:cflutist
Websailor snapped this picture last night at our Holiday Orchestra Concert. This is a close-up of my flute (and some of my bling
12.gif
). For you musically inclined I play on a Wm. S. Haynes flute with an extra C# trill key. (I know, gibberish to you diamond lovers).
I followed Wink and Jennifer''s advice and wore my two diamond tennis bracelets.
The bling is absolutely blingy and beautiful!! But I must say that I am smitten with the flute. I also play the flute and have now for almost ten years
5.gif
What a beautiful instrument. I wish I had went with the c# trill key..but I was impatient..as usual..and didn''t want to wait for them to order it for me. Oh well..maybe the next one
9.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 9:55:22 PM

Date: 12/5/2004 9:36:51 PM

Websailor''s going to be in trouble if ever a flute company produces a ''diamond'' headjoint.
Actually, I believe James Galway has diamonds embedded all the way around the ''crown'' of his Muramatsu headjoint. I''ve seen pictures of it. We should ask him if they are ideally cut?
Isn''t that the one that is solid platinum??
34.gif
Or maybe I''m thinking of one of his many flutes.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds4Me,

Glad to read that there is another flute player on PS. Sparker is also a flutist.

I don''t remember Galway''s flute was gold or platinum, I think it was gold, but I
do definitely remember seeing the diamonds all the way around the crown.

In addition to the C# trill, I aso got a Split-E which makes the high-E speak very easily.

Hey, maybe you, Sparker and I can play trios?

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 2:16:53 PM
Diamonds4Me,

Glad to read that there is another flute player on PS. Sparker is also a flutist.

I don''t remember Galway''s flute was gold or platinum, I think it was gold, but I
do definitely remember seeing the diamonds all the way around the crown.

In addition to the C# trill, I aso got a Split-E which makes the high-E speak very easily.

Hey, maybe you, Sparker and I can play trios?
Yipee!
36.gif
That would be fun!!
9.gif
When do we begin?..lol. Although I would say it''s a pretty safe bet that you are far more accomplished than I am. After high school I mainly played at church and now I play while shut up in my office
9.gif
You don''t even want to hear me on my violin
23.gif
But I guess I can''t be too average with the flute. My uncle has a recording studio and dubbed me into one of his songs this past summer. What fun that was!!

Galway has so many flutes that it is very hard to keep up with them all
26.gif
I have a few cds of his. My grandparents had some music of his and that was what inspired me to play the flute when I was younger. I totally told a story about how long I''ve been playing. It''s more like 15 years...I guess this whole getting older thing is really getting to me
14.gif
I forgot I''m not 20 anymore..blah. Anyway, I''m hoping he makes another trip to Charlotte some day. I missed him on his last drive through. Alright...now I want to play...
1.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Cflutist:

I followed the link and your wedding photo is beautiful. I love your dress! How sweet!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellowfan, thank you for the compliment.
LOL, I''ll never look like that again, I had to pay someone to do my hair and makeup that day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results