shape
carat
color
clarity

Just For Fun: What will you wear on your nails for the big day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I have a new nail polish colour on every other day (painting my nails calms me down) so I have had so much fun findng the right shade for our wedding!

This colour is perfect, it is subtle but really has a certain something with makes my heart skip a beat!
30.gif
It also matchs the roses in my bouquet perfectly!

It is "Chanel, Rose Baby"
30.gif
30.gif
(Picture courtesy of Lextard on Flickr)

What have you chosen?

rsz_chanel_rose_baby.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
That colour is beautiful
30.gif
I think for the big day I will likely get a french mani done :) I just love the way it looks on me :)

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 8:16:16 PM
Author: Deelight
That colour is beautiful
30.gif
I think for the big day I will likely get a french mani done :) I just love the way it looks on me :)
French manicures are timeless
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I will probably do a color similar to your''s, Dannielle.

I was going to do French, but my FI does not like the way it looks on me.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I really want to do a French because I love the way it lengthens my nails and makes my fingers look more slender. However my nails chip SUPER easy, no matter what is done. And chipping is always more obvious with those beautiful French manicures. So I am torn. I usually choose a pale shimmery color which is less obvious as it begins to wear.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to do pink and white acrylics...the look of french with no chipping!!!!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Dannielle,that color is stunning I just may have to steal your nail polish choice for my own wedding
11.gif

I have always wanted my nails to be a subtle pink,I thought about the french but something about it just reminds me of the 90''s.I can''t stand the acrylic french either for the same reason.No offense to anyone who likes it,I just don''t.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I usually have a crazy Japanese style manicure on my hands - glitter, rhinestones, 3D art. Right now, I have pink leopard print.

I haven''t decided whether I will tone them down for the wedding. Probably not.
3.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
plain glossy light pink, I'm not brave enough to venture into accent nails territory. My nails are always short (violin) and generally somewhat ragged (cupboard doors
38.gif
) so some poor manicurist will have a tough job on her hands!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to have gel nails. I cannot decide whether or not I want to do a nice french or something more glittery and possibly pink (the colour in the picture is called lava). Both pictures are of my hands from previous visits to the nail salon.

missjaxnails.jpg

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie - I played violin seriously for >20 years (that makes me sound old lol...I am 30) and my left nails have always been short and stubby! Since we''ve been travelling (the last 6 weeks) I''ve had long nails for the first time in my life, it has been so weird! (Obviously I have left my violin at home).

On topic - nails will either be french or a light sheer peachy pink, very natural.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I plan to do gel with french manicure. They put on the gel, file it down, then put on the white tip and a sheer nail polish overcoat, then a thin layer of gel goes on top so there''s no nail polish chipping, the white tip is protected and the nail stays shiny for weeks.

I recently started wearing my nails that way already so as to get a comfortable routine going. I''m extremely picky so I wanted to find someone in advance who would do my nails just the way I want by the time my wedding day comes along. So far so good.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ran out of time, so my nails ended up being natural.
28.gif
They were slightly long and filed neatly.

KerriLynn

Rough_Rock
I plan on having a very natural color, something like yours, but probably more opaque like light tan or light pink. I can''t stand when french manicures chip, although I do love how they look.

And I''m the same way as you, I do my nails at least twice a week (it calms me as well hehe)

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
french mani here :)

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
I love that color!

I will likely choose something similar - a pale, shimmery pink. Love a french but hate the chipping!

Date: 4/27/2010 11:19:39 AM
Author: caribqueen
I plan to do gel with french manicure. They put on the gel, file it down, then put on the white tip and a sheer nail polish overcoat, then a thin layer of gel goes on top so there''s no nail polish chipping, the white tip is protected and the nail stays shiny for weeks.

I recently started wearing my nails that way already so as to get a comfortable routine going. I''m extremely picky so I wanted to find someone in advance who would do my nails just the way I want by the time my wedding day comes along. So far so good.

Hello... can you tell me more? I''ve always had real nails, but I''m concerned about one breaking right before the wedding. I wanted a french manicure, and wouldn''t mind fake nails for a bit.

Do the gels ruin the nail if you decide you don''t want them any more? How do you get them off? How do they differ from acrylics? Anything else you could tell me? I''m really interested!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Swedish bean, from what I understand there are two different kinds of gels - hard gel and soft (or soak off) gel. I have soft gels on mine. Common brands of soft gels are Biosculpture, CalGel, and OPI.

Here''s the process for soft gels: first the manicurist roughs up the surface of the nail a little bit with a file. Then she paints on the gel (it comes in a little jar and has the consistency of honey). Between coats, you put your hand under a UV light to dry the gel.

The end result is really nice - it really doesn''t chip at all. You can usually fill the bottom of the nail after two week or so to keep it looking good.

The removal process takes a while. The manicurist will put a cotton ball on your nail for a couple of minutes, then scrape off the loosened gel with a nail file. I don''t have problems with brittle nails, so this has never been a problem for me. Some of my friends however feel that it can be damaging.

I hate chipped nail polish, so for me, this is a great option. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, I love crazy nails, and the Japanese manicurists where I live do some amazing work.

So it doesn''t really lengthen your nail or anything? (thanks for the reply btw!)

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Oh sorry, should have mentioned that. Yes, they can lengthen your nails with it. Mine are just my natural length though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results