shape
carat
color
clarity

just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
hey everyone....

just wondering how long did you guys wait till he asked? what did you guys do during that wait?

i know i have about a year or two left of waiting and all i can think of is this amazing wedding i wanna put together. since weve been together for 5 years everyone is expecting huge outa us...(talk about pressure)... so to keep myself busy ive been planning ...you guys think thats weird? ( i even have a binder filled with my ideas)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oh, we used to have this thread about pre-engagement wedding planning! It was loads of fun swapping ideas. J and I were together for 3 years before he proposed and I was a LIW for 9 months. It was hard at times, but PS really helped!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My J and I had/have been together for 3 years before he proposed. I was on the LIW list for about 5 months beforehand, but was "waiting" for about a year and a half.

You are NOT weird for starting to plan the wedding beforehand! From what I can tell, the vast majority of LIWs do
2.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i wish i can show you guys my bog book to get your opinons...

iheartcushions

Rough_Rock
BF and I have been dating for 1 year and 9 months, I''m expecting us to get engaged any day now, literally! I''m almost 25 though and I''d expect that it would be normal for younger people to date a lot longer before they get engaged. During the wait, I''ve pretty much been silently going crazy... and some days not so silently. :)

I think it''s totally normal to dream about what you want for your wedding. Just don''t obsess over it too much, because if you do, you''ll burn out on wedding stuff which is where I''m at now!
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 9:13:28 PM
Author: emilina22
i wish i can show you guys my bog book to get your opinons...
Your what book?

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
my wedding idea book...yea im lame i went through a phase in the past couple of months when everyone had engagement fever (all his friends are older than me obviously and they all got engaged! this winter...im happy for them tho) and i started putting a book of ideas togethr...lame i know
20.gif
20.gif

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Engaged after 1.5 years of dating. Part of that is because we were in a long-distance relationship and immigration was starting to get a bit hellish for both of us with the questioning about our relationship.

We got married after 1.5 years of being engaged.

I didn''t have a long wait in time, but long distance relationships are a bit like the outmost layer of hell. We were always planning, waiting, watching anyway...for the perfect time for one of us to move and for the relationship to progress. We were so concerned with our 5 hour time difference, cultural differences, immigration, etc to have too much time to think about rushing the next step.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
We have been dating for 1 year and 4 months

We started seriously talking about engagement after 6 months of dating, we were both practically married (living with a SO for 5 years each)before.
We knew what we wanted in a person, so why wait? Well at least I didn''t want to wait.

He would always say if you decide to stay, I want to you pick the color for the shutters on the house
I would always say everything as forever... there''s no ifs!!!

Started ring shopping after 6 months of dating.
Purchased the stone after 9 months of dating
After one year of our relationship finally started working on the setting
The ring was just recently completed ( i think)
Now almost a year and a half later, waiting for the proposal.
Doing everything is steps has definitely eased my engagement fever, I know it''s coming and I''m content with that.
Not knowing if he had those intention after 3 months of dating drove me crazy!!! I would of said yes to him after 3 weeks of dating!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are dating over 7 and a half years. We are planning to buy the ring in July and hopefully he''ll put it onto my finger soon after that!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yes, like Mustang and IHCushion said, once you get to a certain age or you''ve been in a couple of serious, long-term relationships, I think you pretty much know what you''re looking for (and what you''re NOT looking for) and you know when you''ve found it. Then it''s just a matter of waiting a while to make sure there aren''t any big surprises like dishonesty, etc. We are a little older and my friends only started getting married at around 28 or so. Those who are now permanently paired off or married ALL say they knew within a couple of weeks to a couple of months, and say they were 100% certain within 6 months. The married ones were then engaged or even married within a year at the most.

In terms of pre-engagement wedding planning, making scrap books, enjoying bride-****, I say ''live it up!'' who does it harm? enjoy yourself! The only possible drawback could be if you get yourself so excited about the wedding planning that if things don''t go as planned, or as fast as hoped, it might make it harder to let go.

This morning over breakfast my b/f told me what kind of wedding he wanted and who he was planning to invite and which traditions from his country he would want to incorporate. He had obviously been putting lots of thought into it! And he seemed so happy talking about it. And I was also talking with my best friend today who said that her b/f has also been daydreaming out loud about their wedding. So, we gals aren''t the only ones who get excited about it before even getting engaged!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
we were young when we started dating but within a year we knew....and within 2 everyone else knew us as this power couple...i knew i wanted to be with him even when hes not picture perfect... im hoping within a year and a half to have that ring on my hand ( i have a promise ring now so im looking forward to the real thing) this ring now is going to be kept in our family we decided that tonight over dinner which was nice.... i was like " babe what are we gonna do with this ring now casue you know i cant wear anyting on my right hand and hes like well when our daughter is old enough and the boy seems serious then ill have the big talk with him...and well hand it down." isnt taht sweet? i thought so

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 12:53:12 AM
i was like '' babe what are we gonna do with this ring now casue you know i cant wear anyting on my right hand
How come you can''t move it to your right hand? That would be kinda cute, to have the e-ring on your left hand and your promise ring on your right!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s funny, because my FI knew much sooner than I did. He''s also 3 and a half years older that me so it probably has something to do with age... We saw each other for 8 months before deciding to pursue a relationship, and then 4 months later he told me he was going to marry me someday... I was 18 (he was 22), and I freaked out! I just wasn''t ready. But a year later, I remember looking at him and thinking "you know, I think he will marry me someday". We started talking about it 9 months later and I became a LIW, and after another 9 months we were engaged! So, I guess he was right all along.
28.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i dunno ive never beencomfortable with anything on my right hand...it just feels weird...

i recently just had that moment when i looked at him and just knew and it made me all the more exited! its that one feeling you have every now and then when you just sit andyou look and BAM it hits you that he IS the one!

yellow

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 11:14:04 AM
i dunno ive never beencomfortable with anything on my right hand...it just feels weird...
Hang on, are you the same user as "pookie"? She had a similar situation...

Anyway, don''t let yourself get too rushed. You are very young, you have lots of life coming your way (especially if you''re still in school). There''s a lot to be said for people taking their time!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
no im not the same user as "pookie"... we arent in a rush if we were in a rush wed be married and thats not what we want... it just gets frustrating at times and i wish that i would love to already be engaged but then my realistic thoughts cme rushing in and i realize that waiting is the best things we have alot more to finish up before we get engaged and we also have a bit more growing up to do too
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results