shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Closed Escrow!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
FI are now the proud owners of a mortgage on this Alabama beauty! The sellers are building a new house which won''t be ready until March though, so we''re landlords ''till April 1. That''s okay though, it gives me plenty of time to move my stuff from CA.

front124.jpg

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Kitchen

kitchen.jpg

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
living room

living room.jpg

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Such an exciting time for you I am sure, what a sense of pride and accomplishment to get to the title of HOMEOWNER!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful home!!! Congrats!!!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
oooooooooh! I love it! I love the color in the dining area in contrast to that wood! Congratulations!!!!

2.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooooooooooooo...that's beautiful! I'm a sucker for a hipped roof.
3.gif

The living room is the same color as mine!!!
6.gif
Cool beans
5.gif

Edited! DUDE! That is SO my dining room table!!! Just a longer version of it. Plus, ours is bistro height but still sits four
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!. Congratulations on becoming a home owner. What an exciting time this must be for you and your FI!! ENJOY
36.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
House looks like it''s a winner... good luck with the move and CONGRATS!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, I know how excited you are!!!! The house is beautiful and would love to see more pics!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Love Love Love it! Congrats - I really like those large & long windows - very plantation like!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OMG- what a stunning home.

Congrats.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
A heartfelt congratulations to you both! You have a beautiful home and I have some of the greatest friends (well parents of my best friend) who lives in Alabama. I hope you will come to love the southern culture as much as I did. Mmmmmm, the interior colrs of your home is lovely. The dining room is similar to my bedroom. I find it to be a very soothing color.

Enjoy your new home (when you get there) and congratulations again.

~kmom
35.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the happy wishes everyone!

I like the colors too. After 10 years of living with white walls (college dorm, apartment after apartment, etc.), any color is better than white! I''ll probrably keep the walls the way they are for awhile.

I have to say - this is more overwhelming than getting engaged. I knew that was going to happen, but I wasn''t so sure we''d ever make it into such a great house!

Happy Friday!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful home. Your kitchen is gorgeous. Congratulations!!!

sahmama

Rough_Rock
omg, where in al? huntsville (sure looks like it)? nice place!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s beautiful and looks so cozy too!
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful house! I love the kitchen colors and the big windows. The white woodwork looks so crisp.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the brick structure and those amazing long shuttered windows, yum! Also I love the colors of the walls as well and the contrasting ceiling and baseboard woodwork and color. Very nice and congratulations. Home ownership is awesome!

Is that grass in the front? That front yard is crying out for a black iron fence and some beautiful roses!
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
This is a beautiful home, inside and out. I wish you many happy, healthy years there!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Moving, and making this house uniquely your own--how exciting!
emthup.gif
emgift.gif
emmale.gif
emfemale.gif

cheers--Sharon

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Mara,
I love your comments about the grass (or lackthereof) and fence options. Spoken like a true CA gal. I''ve learned in my trips to AL that all of the lawns are yucky like that in the winter. I have no idea why, but hope that when we can move in I can figure out how to make it stay green year-round. If they can keep the grass green in Palm Springs (where I grew up), I''m sure they can do it in Alabama.

I''ve also learned that a lot of neighborhoods don''t have fences separating houses from each other, including my soon-to-be new neighborhood. I don''t really like the fact that you can see into everyone''s backyards on any given street, but the last thing I want to do is move into a new neighborhood and have the first thing we do to the house is add a great new fence! Might send the wrong message to the neighbors. Then again, I hope the local kids stay outta my yard!

Rose bushes are an excellent idea. The entire outside is crying out for color!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congrats NewShiny! Your new house looks beautiful -- great floors, great windows, good colors, etc! Enjoy it.

If you don''t remember, the year round grass in PS comes from overseeding with winter rye every fall. Lots of work, but it keeps it beautiful all year long!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe yeah i wasn't sure about the grass because it looked the wrong color...very interesting on how it changes colors?!

the funny thing as you mention is the lack of fencing in other areas than CA...greg's family is in the east coast and i hate how they have no fencing around their houses, its so bizarre to look out the window and into someone else's yard and/or house! i feel like somehow they forgot the fencing...hehehe.

i would definitely be the one to move in and put up a fence but it would definitely be cute. plus it's not really the front yard i normally mind but the BACK yard....i guess i just wouldn't want the whole world to know what we are doing that weekend..and also i'd like to have a fenced yard for the dog.

front yards i think benefit from a white picket or black iron for contrast against roses, or something that adds character to the house or street. like on wisteria lane!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results