shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Bought My Dress! Need Styling Help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Hi gals! I can''t believe it, but I finally bought my dress on Saturday! The wedding is just 4 months away, so I definitely had put it off for a looooooong time! I am, of course, having the mild panic attacks associated with "Did I get the right dress?" Syndrome but, overall, I really think I made the right choice. It looks nothing like I had envisioned in my mind but it just looked "right" on me. I typically do NOT wear dresses!

The place I bought my gown (Wedding Belles in Barrington, IL - **LOVE THEM**) sells only samples, so I didn''t have any say in the colors, size, etc. Luckily the size is pretty darn good. I am a little worried about the ivory though. It looks great with my skin tone (which is really pale), but we are getting married on the beach in Fiji and now I''m worried that it''s a) too formal and b) the ivory will look weird on the beach and with a tan.

Also, the dress is gorgeous but it IS a little plain. I really need some styling help. Is this the kind of gown that needs/deserves/warrants a sash? I don''t think it''s intended to be worn with one (the dress is a Marisa- I''m not sure of the style number. It might be 590.) What kind of jewelry would you wear with it? I know I don''t want a necklace and I do want to wear some sort of flower in my hair. I will probably do earrings and a bracelet?

Lastly, my final worry. We are having a reception post-Fiji at a restaurant in downtown Chicago. www.carnivalechicago.com. If you check it out, you''ll see that the colors are really bright and fun. My bouquet at the at home reception is going to be purples, fuschias, yellows, oranges...is that going to look ridiculous with an ivory dress? Do I need to contact my florist and change my order?
7.gif

I can''t believe I didn''t think of ANY of this when I was picking out my gown....all I could think about was, "Is this the dress!?!?"

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Trying to upload these pictures....it''s being very finicky!

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Ugh...I will have to try this later. Every time I click upload it gives me a "Internet Explorer can''t display this page" message!
emangry.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I was at Wedding Belles on Saturday toooo!! How funny!! I didn''t end up finding anything there, but the salesgirl was such a sweetheart and it was a good shopping experience! I''m so excited to see pictures of what you picked!

I love Carnivale too!! What a fun place for a reception! I don''t think a bright bouquet will look odd with an ivory dress at all! Am I missing something, do some colors not go with ivory?? I must have missed that memo if so! I think it''ll be beautiful and sounds like a perfect bright bouquet for the restaurant''s atmosphere!

Can''t wait to see pics!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
cannot wait till we see the dress! i think adding a broach or a sash is definately the easiest way to "jazz" up a dress.
Don''t worry about it being to formal on the beach - ivory is a lovely color, and it more about how it looks on YOU, not on the sand/decor.

technically my dress doesnt match with our colors and BM/GM outfits, but i know it will all pull together anyways!

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone think of why whenever I''m on PS, in the bottom left-hand side of my browser there''s a little yellow triangle that says "Done, but with errors on page"? I''m not able to upload any pictures which, of course, is annoying!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try a different browser??? IE has been giving me problems since the new version came out (8). I tried Firefox and had better luck.

I don''t think the ivory color will be an issue on the beach. If it really suits you and your skin that is what matters most, and in photographs it will look really bright anyway.

Anxiously awaiting pics, good luck!

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Downloaded Firefox...let''s try this!

dressps2.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think the dress is very pretty and not plain at all. I think a nice bracelet and dangly earrings would look nice.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty dress and you look lovely in it. I totally know what you mean about having a case of shopper's remorse right after buying the dress. But I wouldn't get so caught up in worrying about what the dress will look like at your venues. What matters most is how you feel in the dress.

ETA: At your venue in Chicago, is it possible to have them change out the white table cloths. Maybe that will make you less self conscious about your ivory dress....

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I think your dress is beautiful and ivory is totally fine! Honestly, unless it is a really really dark ivory I don''t think most people will notice. I wore ivory and had a bright purple bouquet. You can see some pics Here (no oranges, but still fairly bright colors)

As for styling, I would definitely not do a sash, I think it would take away from the main detail of the dress (lace all down the sides). I think a flower in your hair and some simple dangly earrings would look awesome. Since your venue is so fun and funky (LOVE Carnivale btw) I think some fun brightly colored heels would make things more fun! If they normally have white linens see if you can do ivory instead and I think everything will be great!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 11:03:39 AM
Author: Morgie44
I think your dress is beautiful and ivory is totally fine! Honestly, unless it is a really really dark ivory I don''t think most people will notice. I wore ivory and had a bright purple bouquet. You can see some pics Here (no oranges, but still fairly bright colors)

As for styling, I would definitely not do a sash, I think it would take away from the main detail of the dress (lace all down the sides). I think a flower in your hair and some simple dangly earrings would look awesome. Since your venue is so fun and funky (LOVE Carnivale btw) I think some fun brightly colored heels would make things more fun! If they normally have white linens see if you can do ivory instead and I think everything will be great!
I agree with Morgie! The dress is GORGEOUS!! You look stunning in it! I think some nice earrings (chandelier) and some funky colored shoes (in your colors) would be perfect!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn''t worry about the color,it''s a gorgeous dress.I can totally see you wearing a simple strand of pearls with it. (I''m partial because that''s what I''m wearing with my dress
26.gif
)

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 8:20:00 AM
Author: oddoneout
I think the dress is very pretty and not plain at all. I think a nice bracelet and dangly earrings would look nice.
i agree - the detailing on the side is fabulous!

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
THANK YOU, everyone!!! I have been so nervous. I am trying to remember the feeling I had when I first had the dress on and everyone saw it, their reactions, etc. I am just having second thoughts because I didn''t really try on too many dresses- maybe around 25 total?

I LOVE the idea of getting a brightly colored pair of shoes for the wedding!! I will definitely be barefoot in Fiji. Anyone know where I can get some cute open toed, brightly colored shoes? I''m attaching the Inspiration Board my florist (Kio Kreations in Naperville) made for me - the colors of the venue are bright and fun. She''s doing purple hydrangea as the base, along with lots of orchids and brightly colored flowers. She''s also doing the orchids for our cake. I liked the flower they put in my hair at the bridal shop, but I might try to find something orchid-y on etsy to go with the flowers.

pscolors1.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing dress!!!!!!!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Beautiful dress!!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I totally see you on the beach with that. I have seen pics of other brides on the beach with similar dresses. I think Ivory is perfect for a beach wedding. I am getting married on the beach and my wedding dress will be Ivory as well. And I am pretty sure a color that neutral will go with anything, unless I missed the memo as well.

I love the dress on you. Are you doing real or fake flowers for your hair? I am doing flowers for my hair too but I really want to do real with my hair half up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results