shape
carat
color
clarity

"Junior" on the wedding invite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Which is the proper way to write out "junior" on the wedding invitations when it''s your fiance?

1) Jr. (with the period)
2) Jr (without period)
3) Junior

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Jr., I think.

*M*

xapora

Shiny_Rock
This is what I found:
Properly, "junior" is written out. Abbreviating "junior" to "Jr." is less formal but still acceptable. When written out, a lowercase j is used. When abbreviated, the J is capitalized. The abbreviation is commonly used when the groom has an exceptionally long name. A comma always precedes "junior," whether written out or abbreviated.

Hope that helps. :)

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 1:03:02 AM
Author: xapora
This is what I found:
Properly, ''junior'' is written out. Abbreviating ''junior'' to ''Jr.'' is less formal but still acceptable. When written out, a lowercase j is used. When abbreviated, the J is capitalized. The abbreviation is commonly used when the groom has an exceptionally long name. A comma always precedes ''junior,'' whether written out or abbreviated.

Hope that helps. :)
How helpful, thank you
1.gif

I tried writing the word out and it just looked odd even tho my FI does not have what I consider to be an exceptionally long name. Thus, I''m glad "Jr." is acceptable! To be honest, I like it even better without the "." on it at all....I bet no one will even notice. I''m loving the online sites that allow you to see everything online before you commit to buying it
36.gif

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I just have to say that the more I learn about etiquette the more I realize that apparently I knew less than nothing of it, formally speaking of course. LOL, and I always thought I was a fairly well behaved type of gal --

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results