shape
carat
color
clarity

JuneRose is coming to New York!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
On Saturday I will take a plane and start a stay of nearly 3 months in New York for a big internship! I'm very excited and nervous (currently living in London) and slightly worried about leaving my FI behind and planning my wedding from afar (we get married next May).

I'll be living in Manhattan, anyone got any restaurant, bar, shop recommendations? I've been to NY twice before for short holidays and been to the Top of the Rock and across the Brooklyn Bridge etc so I'd really like to take advantage of the fact I will be living there not just a tourist.

Also... What do I pack?! I've only been to NY in the spring -how cold will it be come December? What's the weather like now? I'm so excited about spending Halloween and Thanksgiving in America hahaha!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your internship JuneRose!! I'm in upstate NY, a couple of hours from the city. Haven't been here long enough to tell you anything useful though, other than to bring WARM clothes for the winter!

Wow, London to America - that's a big change :bigsmile:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Cuisine wise, your choices are truly limitless. From burgers to fine dining at every price point. Its a great city.
Weather wise, be VERY prepared. Last winter was MISERABLE. And its been raining very frequently. Unfortunately the weather is as eclectic as the people. Lol. So you truly need to be prepared for everything. Sometimes its freezing in the morning and then goes up to 70 just to go down to 40 that same night. Then it'll be humid all day.
This kind of weather gets people sick so keep your immune system up and dress appropriately. I take a scarf wherever i go just in case. Plus the subways can be freezing.

Hope i didnt scare you too much. Its a wonderfully chaotic city and you'll be just fine. :))

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Argh that is just what I was dreading about the weather... I have a big coat and boots but neither are really snow friendly and I have an absolute maximum of 32 kilos baggage allowance... At least in London we also have ridiculously eclectic weather (although not to NY extremes) but I do always carry sunglasses AND an umbrella around :)

Thanks for the advice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results