shape
carat
color
clarity

Jumping on the opalescent gem bandwagon!

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
1.57 ct unheated/untreated sapphire. Might technically be more sleepy than opalescent, but I like it either way! The purple/pink color is hard to capture, and shown most accurately in my aluminum foil bezel.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooohhh, I love it! I have a similar spinel, but smaller. Whatcha gonna do with her (obviously bezel)? Ring?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyyy!!! So excited to see people enjoying these. Who was the vendor?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is the same one @Cerulean just used: horoscope gems on insta. The vendor dropped a couple more parcels of these silky sapphires, but this one in particular stood out to me with its relative clarity and intensity of color. I must admit I remain curious about the second stone in the lineup, but I'm on a spending freeze for now! 9E1D9465-B0A7-48AC-8E08-5085F566D6FB.png

Omg I knew it was that one! I asked him about it right as you were buying it lol.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Omg it is gorgeous. That one really jumped out to me too in all of his parcels --- and your setting idea is just amazing! Do you know what color metal you are choosing? I am a long way off from picking a setting, so excited to see how yours progresses!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, my heart! :kiss2: There's just something about that stone!

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I agree! For some reason it seems like I am really bad at capturing color accurately on my iphone, and then the photos themselves lose intensity when uploaded to PS. The gem is actually prettier and more interesting in hand. The stone is both more pink and more blue, and shifts both lighter and darker than the photos.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
This is gorgeous - congrats. I am waiting on a certificate for a stone from this very same vendor. It is from the purple opalescent batch he recently posted

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Exciting!! Which one?

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
This is gorgeous - congrats. I am waiting on a certificate for a stone from this very same vendor. It is from the purple opalescent batch he recently posted
It’s the teeny one right at the top but it has the most incredible colour in different lighting. I was totally inspired by @Sparklemore’s incredible opalescent sapphire 28E2EF9B-7927-449A-A7C6-69D9C362FEC0.jpeg

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool! Not sure I saw this lot, and good thing because my husband is getting tired of hearing me say, "Guess what I bought today??!" Yours looks like it will probably be more violet. What can I say, I love all these colors!!

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Very cool! Not sure I saw this lot, and good thing because my husband is getting tired of hearing me say, "Guess what I bought today??!" Yours looks like it will probably be more violet. What can I say, I love all these colors!!
100% agree I could buy a whole lot and still be lining up some more. Really looking forward to your ring as the design is going to be fabulous.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s the teeny one right at the top but it has the most incredible colour in different lighting. I was totally inspired by @Sparklemore’s incredible opalescent sapphire 28E2EF9B-7927-449A-A7C6-69D9C362FEC0.jpeg

Wow very excited to see this in your photos! Fingers crossed it meets your expectations!

Honestly my stone from the same vendor was better in person.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful, @pokerface, I like how it looks against the aluminium foil. This one definitely suits white gold/platinum.

@DiamondLizzy I hope it arrives looking just like sparklemore’s sapphire with the opalescent shifts!

It's true - the white looks lovely. It is making me second-guess the yellow gold for mine! Although @pokerface has a stone that is more saturated....it's going to look stunning! And I just love the setting style

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I am a terrible person and I bought the other one, too. I just know it is going to be amazing!! That light pinky purple...I could not resist. I am practically drooling. Maybe rose gold! We'll see next week! :kiss2: 5B5DDE9E-4F53-4024-8BEC-15FD19A41D6D.jpeg

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
I am a terrible person and I bought the other one, too. I just know it is going to be amazing!! That light pinky purple...I could not resist. I am practically drooling. Maybe rose gold! We'll see next week! :kiss2: 5B5DDE9E-4F53-4024-8BEC-15FD19A41D6D.jpeg
Amazing. I am sure it will be incredible too. Can’t wait to see it.

Wow very excited to see this in your photos! Fingers crossed it meets your expectations!

Honestly my stone from the same vendor was better in person.
Mine ships today, and I promise to post as soon as it arrives/is daylight.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hahaha I"m pretty sure we are the same person. I was also considering that one AND have multiple inspiration pics with the "petal" style.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too.
I need another ring and another loose gemstone like.... :wall: E95D9881-C23B-4F8E-B8EB-49FFF276E9E3.jpeg CE28B6FF-2A24-4E70-AEFC-61426856DDCE.jpeg
im not sure how you shop on Instagram, do you message for the price?
Anyhow I found this one on Etsy. Excuse my rubbish screen shot photo. It looks more opalescent in the video. Hoping I can fit it in this Ivy & Rose setting.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to see the video, @Bron357! Is yours a sapphire? It reminds me of van Gogh's "Starry Night." :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results