shape
carat
color
clarity

July Brides Check In!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Calling all July brides! We have 3 months left (well I do for 7/5). How are you all doing with your planning, stress, drama, etc?

I''m doing well. I''ve got all of my vendors lined up and I''m slowly paying for things. We have our honeymoon about 3/4 paid and the invitations are going in the mail this week (stamps have been ordered).

I''m stressing out about a couple things.

1. My dress. I don''t know for sure, but I feel like I may have put on a little weight. Like 5 lbs. Not really enough to notice in your clothes, but I notice the jiggle and I feel bloated all the time. Is 3 months long enough to firm up a bit? For reference, my dress pics are on this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-naked-hawk-found-a-dress.93988/. IRL there is no tummy pooch. That was the from the camera angle. One of the reasons I''m stressing is I really don''t want to have to wear spanx on the day. The dress is really form fitting so I don''t want it to show, and I''m getting married in july and I''m worried I''ll be too hot.

2. My venue. The restaurant where FI and I are getting married is run by this old somewhat senile woman. She''s really sweet and has been very accommodating, but I''m concerned because she doesn''t work from contracts. We have a deposit on the date and I have written notes as well as a drafted menu. But nothing signed. I wasn''t worried at first because she actually seemed pretty sharp the first few times I met with her. The last time we met she wasn''t so sharp. She didn''t have any of her notes with her when we met and she expressed some concerns about things we had talked about...things that were HER idea (like renting chairs for the courtyard where we''re getting married). She just claimed all of "that stuff" as in the things we had talked about, were on her computer and she didn''t have time to review them. What business person does that??? She also expressed concern because she didn''t remember talking about alcohol being covered under the per person cost. When she and I talked initially we said open bar for wine and beer only. Ugh. Anyway, I know this is a big problem and we have to get it straightened out.

Other than that things are great! How are you guys?

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Hudson Hawk! Do you know anyone else that has used your venue that could vouch for this woman? I would freak out a little too...

As for me...I''m trying not to freak out but have a feeling I am going to!

I have most stuff done, but our venue doesn''t do tastings until the month before...that freaks me out but I guess if that''s how they do it, then it will work out...

I still have to book a limo, and the stupid BM dresses are NOT in yet and I found out today I could have gotten them cheaper at another store...I''m a little miffed about that but there is nothing I can do really.

I have to get my BM gifts and FI needs to get GM gifts, we have to find favors, and a cake topper but really that''s about it!

My first fitting is in a few weeks and I am waiting for my jewelry to ship, but I pretty much am ready (I think!)

Ask me in another month!
14.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for starting this thread Hudson!!!

I just reviewed your dress. Very pretty! I don''t know how I didn''t see it. You can probably lose another 5 pounds...I would say definitely, but it can be hard for some people. You don''t look like you need to lose any??? Have you tried the 30 day shred? I think I''m going to get it to tone up.

Do you have another meeting with the coordinator? Maybe ask to see her again...have you done your tasting? I would try to think up an excuse to go in there to "check out something" and tell her to have the paperwork ready so you can go over it one more time.

I''m 20 days after you, and planning is going great. We printed our invites, now I just have to assemble them. I have to get BM gifts. My bachelorette is slowly being planned (even though one of my co-maids of honor has given me grief throughout my engagement). I had my first shower last weekend...yeah!!! Got my 2nd veil and trying to sell the first (didn''t like it). Went in for my 1st fitting, and told the tailor I wanted it tight arond my hips and thighs. Well...that was dumb bc I can''t sit very comfortably, so she''s going to fix it in about a month. I''m still working out a lot to maintain my figure and not gain so I can fit! And that''s about it for the immediate future.

How are the rest of you ladies coming???

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Hudson! Thanks for starting the thread!

I think 3 months is definitely long enough to tone up. From your photos, you look great in your dress, and it doesn''t seem like you need to lose any lbs.

I''m just a few days before you, and I feel ready with most things, but worried about a few.

1. Alterations. I had a thread up yesterday on my concerns about this. Really really hoping my seamstress will be able to fix all the problems the dress has now.

2. Need to book musicians for ceremony, sound system for reception, and pick out songs for iPod.

3. Order tuxes.

4. Finish assembling invitations and send them out.

5. Finish honeymoon arrangements.

Those are the biggest things for now.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. That picture was taken over labor day weekend, so it was awhile ago. I tried the dress on in January and it was still OK. I haven''t tried it on since then, and I think that''s probably where the stress is coming from. Like I said, my clothes all fit the same, I just feel blah about it....

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson-may I suggest running? I took up running last summer and if I may say so, I got my ''high school'' physique back
9.gif
I didn''t really lose weight but I am definitely more toned than before. Running isn''t for everyone, but if you can do it, it might seriously help you out!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Well, I thought that copying all my long posts before pressing submit would save me, however, that doesn't work when your wifi connection is lost... uggh...

So the short version:
I thought that I would be stressing at this point, but I just get more and more excited every day!! We just passed the 4 month mark, on the 25th of March, and it seems like everything is flying by!

The only thing I'm kind of worried about, is getting my bridal prints made before the wedding. We had our e-pics done 4 weeks ago, and haven't seen anything yet. So, since my bridal portraits are on May 11, if it takes over a month to see those as well, then I will have less than a month to have the prints made...
32.gif
Other than that, everything seems to be falling into place... I'm tyring to get ahold of the MUA I want to use and plan on booking her on Monday. I also need to make a final decision on the tuxes. I have NOT been pleased with MW, and am finding it hard to make it into that shop again, knowing I will get no help whatsoever.

FMIL went up to Dallas today to meet with her planner for the RD. The lovely planner managed to insult me again, when I wasn't even there. She continues to act like she knows everything there is to now about Fort Worth, and she just doens't. She told FMIL a bunch of things about my reception venue that just were flat lies, and my FMIL thinking she is god's gift to weddings, soaks up every word. She said my venue didn't have "much" parking, when in fact they have their own private parking garage IN the building, which is one of the main reasons we chose it!!
38.gif
(Sorry, vent over) They got the flowers picked out, and the invitations ordered so that is exciting. I have my bridal shower in one month, and I can't wait!! All of my sisters and friends are coming into town, and we are doing a cruise on the lake for 4 hours. It's going to be so much fun!!

Hudson- I m sorry about the lady at your venue. I hope she was just having an off day. I met with our cake person for the second time a few weeks ago, and it was like we had never even spoken before. It can be extremely disconcerting. I hope she gets better.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:46:22 PM
Author: Blair138
Hudson-may I suggest running? I took up running last summer and if I may say so, I got my ''high school'' physique back
9.gif
I didn''t really lose weight but I am definitely more toned than before. Running isn''t for everyone, but if you can do it, it might seriously help you out!

Hey Blair-Thanks! I got into running last year and really started to love it. I went from not running at all to running a mile or two. Not quickly by any means, but I managed to do it! I''ve let it slide in the last few months and it''s definitely something I''d take up again. FI and I had a long talk about healthy lifestyles on the way home from NJ today (we were visiting the inlaws), and we''re starting back at the gym tomorrow. FI wants to try low carb which I think is great as he eats waaaay too much sugar, and I''m just going to go back to journaling and monitoring my calories. So hopefully I''ll drop a few in water weight over the next few weeks before my boudoir pics are taken, and then tone up a bit between now and the wedding.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crap this is me, isn't it?! My date is 7/11! Let's see...I still need to:

1. Order invites. (But they're designed!)
2. Figure out who the officiant will be.
3. Book a DJ.
4. Get my dress taken in. (Soccer season just started so I'll be dropping a few lbs so I need to wait a few more weeks.)
5. Figure out what to get my BMs for their gifts!
6. Figure out where to go and book our honeymoon!
7. Order cake. (But I have an appointment in a couple weeks to do that!)

I'm sure there are many other things I need to do but those are the big ones!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
many things to do....
figure out where RD will be (meeting with a place next week)
send out invites (they are ordered and on the way)
gifts for bridesmaids
hair trial
makeup trial
choose jewelry and shoes
order programs if i choose to end up doing these
must have photog shot list
finalize music list
figure out ceremony stuff (havent even thought of readings/vows/etc)
card box
veil or no veil?
dress alterations
find flower to use in my hair for reception
engagement pics (lol....we keep putting these off....might as well be after wedding pics)
buy rings
make centerpieces (have all the stuff - doing that in july)
where to honeymoon
place cards/table names

and...the doozy.....my FI needs to ask his groomsmen to be in the damn wedding already.
im tired of asking him to do this!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Hudson, we are date twins! My wedding is also on the 5th of July, how fun
1.gif

I still have to book pretty much everything (caterer, photographer, baker, florist, etc.) but that should be all taken care of in 2 weeks when I have appointments with the ''finalists'' I have selected.

Right now I''m stressing about the wording on the invites. I''m hoping to order them tomorrow - with a 2 week production time I need to get on it!

For your dress worries - 3 months gives you plenty of time to tone up! If you start exercising more you should see a difference in a month, if not sooner. If you also cut out some calories every day it should happen even quicker. The tricky part is sticking to it, I know I''m having a terrible time resisting the leftover birthday cake calling my name from the kitchen
31.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
thing 2 I didn''t know we were date twins!
36.gif

I have lots of little stuff to do...almost less than 100 days!!!
23.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 10:13:18 PM
Author: Blair138
thing 2 I didn''t know we were date twins!
36.gif

I have lots of little stuff to do...almost less than 100 days!!!
23.gif

AHHH don''t freak me out like that!!!! Less than 100 days is INSANELY CLOSE SOUNDING!
6.gif

But that''s super fun we''re date twins! I didn''t know that, either, but I''ve been a slacker bride so I haven''t posted much here about my wedding stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results