shape
carat
color
clarity

July 4, 2076 - Would you want to be around for it?

S

SallyB

This would be the United States’ 300th birthday. What do you think this country will be like then? The environment? Human relations? Threats to human survival (viruses, nuclear issues, etc.)?

If you live somewhere else, what do you think about your own country’s future 50+ years from now?

Would you want to be around in 2076?

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
If I’m lucky enough to live that long, I’d be thrilled to see it. While we’re momentarily in a negative chapter in our nation’s story, there have been worst times and the country has always inevitably progressed for the better. I believe this will always be the case as long as Americans are dogged in protecting the constitution and democracy.

S

SallyB

I respectfully disagree, @MelloYello8 that the U.S. has always inevitably progressed for the better. Some things have gotten better, some have gotten worse.

Regardless, all great civilizations eventually fall. Take a look at this list of over 60 (not just 10). Almost every one has collapsed:

Last edited by a moderator:

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Big-dreamer-Maya_Angelou.jpg

My regret is I can’t tackle all the issues I’d like with equal zeal but I’m grateful I live in a society that allows me to do so at all.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be the 100 yr anniversary of my high school graduation so I think I would be a little too old. I was at Valley Forge July 4, 1976. I doubt the next one will be anything like the bicentennial celebration which went on forever. I miss Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, let's just say I would love to be around to see this IF medical science makes some really great advances in anti-aging reeeeeally fast, because I would be 111 years old... :think:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I won’t be here in 2076 but it seems unlikely that much will change. Civil unrest seems cyclical and never ending. But I was lucky to live most of my time in relative cultural stability!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I doubt I'd be around still. I'd be in my 90's. Most people in my family don't live past their low 70's.

To answer, I don't think I'd really care at that age. I'd probably be do our of it that nothing registered anyway.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no way to predict what might or might not be in 2076. We can't know what next week will bring! I do know, however, that I won't be around to see 2076. I hope it finds my grandchildren living well and in peace.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
I'd be in my upper 80s so we'll see, not sure I want to live that long. Hopefully by then people have gotten serious about combatting climate change. I don't think the US will the be superpower it was in the 20th century by the rate it's going at now... I think this will be China's century.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I plan to be around and I certainly WANT to be. I don't think we'll (US) be celebrating Independence Day by then. Hopefully, we'll start celebrating things like 13th Amendment Day and Juneteenth and perhaps the day our first woman POTUS is elected.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Yup I'd gladly stick around to see it and more! I'm in no rush to leave.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I plan to be around and I certainly WANT to be. I don't think we'll (US) be celebrating Independence Day by then. Hopefully, we'll start celebrating things like 13th Amendment Day and Juneteenth and perhaps the day our first woman POTUS is elected.

I think there is room to celebrate them all, including Independence Day.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would be 105
no one in my family lives to old age
i hope the USA does =)2
I hope NZ does too
but i have zero desire to see it

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there is room to celebrate them all, including Independence Day.

Yes, perhaps Texas can celebrate their independence from the United States! Jk jk.

I don't celebrate a bunch of slave-owning founding "fathers" nor the white supremacist patriarchy this country is based on. I do enjoy summer, the food, the socializing, and the myriad activities associated with the 4th. I'd just prefer to someday define the holiday some other way than "ayyyy we couldn't hack it in Britain so we decided to invade another country and piss all over it with our women and children in tow and oh by the way we needed to kill a bunch of indigenous people AND make our African slaves do most of the dirty hard labor." But of course, this country affords everyone the freedom to cling to whatever ancient ideals and history they like. That said, I am guilty of posting a fireworks video to Instagram stories, driving around the countryside and my family's acreage in a camo John Deere Gator and not telling my father he's used the Kool-Aid to wash down his pain meds when he told me he was disgusted that the "liberal" networks didn't make mention of the 4th, AND that the left was about to overthrow the government and soon we'll be living under a dictator.

Let's do talk about Thanksgiving next! Holidays are such entertaining topics.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope not. That’s way too many years. I probably wouldn’t even be able to make it to the bathroom by then. God bless you all that will still be alive and kicking!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope not. That’s way too many years. I probably wouldn’t even be able to make it to the bathroom by then. God bless you all that will still be alive and kicking!

C'mon @LLJsmom le's stick around...we can go to the Jewelry and Watch Antique show together that October and all the Octobers leading up to it. Deal?

And we could use a big magnifying glass to see those chunky facets our eyes might have trouble seeing at that age...I would be over 110 years old but it would be worth it to see all the bling. Just imagine the newer bling today will be the old bling of tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 4.54.53 AM.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What style engagement ring do you see as popular in the 70’s? :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will not be alive in 2076 but my diamond will still be alive on one of our granddaughter's finger...

IMG_0304.jpg
IMG_8099.jpeg

Last edited:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I will not be alive in 2076 but my diamond will still be alive on one of our granddaughter's finger...

IMG_0304.jpg
IMG_8099.jpeg

Get another ring like this. I am doing everything times 2. Precious little human beings, beautiful girls.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_0304.jpg
IMG_8099.jpeg

OMG your granddaughters are so adorable :love: and your diamond looks even more amazing on them if possible.

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 5.34.30 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results